3.5
OXO
OXO Pro Chef Knives

OXO Pro Chef Knives

3.5

great knives at great prices

from Westchester, IL

Comments about OXO Pro Chef Knives:

i picked up a pro AA oxo 6 inch paring knife and found it to be a wonderful addition to my set of knives.  arrived *scary sharp*, so watch your fingers !!!!  the information says it is dishwasher safe, but i wash all my knives by hand.  i had to contact oxo about another product (another knife) and they were incredibly pleasant and stood by their *forever* guarantee.

Rust very easily.

from Pleasant Grove, UT

Comments about OXO Pro Chef Knives:

We purchased a set of OXO knives at Crate & Barrel, assuming that anything coming from this store would be of decent quality. Not so.

The knives were labeled as "stainless," yet each knife has developed rust spots, whether they were hand-washed or put through the dishwasher. What does "stainless" mean in a knife, if it rusts so easily?!

They have kept some sharpness, but not like a Ginsu knife or anything. We have to use extra pressure and greater strength cutting food items.

I have liked the wooden block the knives came in, since that is a great way to organize and keep them in one readily accessible place. It just gets dusty easily and is hard to clean off.  I use the cheap hand-me-down knives acquired over time at least as much as the OXO knives. There just isn't that much difference in how well they cut through vegetables, cheese, sandwiches or whatever.

Next time we shop for cutlery, we might just go the Ginsu route!