Other Food Storages:
OXO
OXO Good Grips POP Containers

OXO Good Grips POP Containers

Oxo Good Grips 10 Piece POP Canister Set

Like many couples, we got some beautiful canister sets when we got married. There are some drawbacks to canister sets though. For one, I like as little as possible sitting on my counters to clean around. Two, they can be heavy and awkward when little people are helping to get things out of the cabinet and three, we forget what's in them and play the open them all game trying to find the brown sugar.

OXO Good Grips 10 pc. POP canister set is a great solution!

**Why I love my OXO canister set:**

I can see what's in there.

Varied sizes save space.

They are slim and stackable.

The seals are tight.

I do take the care to hand wash these to keep my lids fitting well but since you don't empty one everyday it's not really a big deal.

Use them for so much from flour, sugar, fish breader, dried fruits, oatmeal and more.

One of the big bonuses for me is that I like to buy cereal in jumbo economy bags and it needs to be repackaged. With the OXO canisters, kids can be independent. Yeah!

***My Viewpoint: *** I loved the look of my beautiful pottery canister set but the OXO POP canister set is super practical and helpful.

Break easily, Not a good seal

I dropped one container from the counter and it broke. After 3 months usage one of the tops broke on another container. They do not keep air-tight seal. I can pull the top off my flour canister without popping the top. I quit using these for my sugar and brown sugar because it got lumpy in these containers.

They are not the quality of product that I could expect for the cost.

Cute idea, good looking, but do not Work as advertised.

I've had to disgard half of the ones that I purchased because of broken containers or seals. The corners will begin cracking and breaking within the first year.

OXO Containers

from New Jersey

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

I really like these containers as they are so easy first of all to clean and so nice to look at whether you keep them on your container or on a shelf. I use them at least this set for my baking supplies as it is great to be able to see what I have left of supplies so I don't run out. I also use a set for my cereals as I got very tired of going in the closet to get out a box of cereal only to find out there were basically crumbs left. These containers really do keep my cereal fresh too! I want to get another set for my pasta so this way I will be able to see what pasta I have on hand. I use the tall container in my baking supplies set for a mixture fir my chocolate chip cookies. It's great as I fill the container with chocolate chips, peanuts, peanut butter chips, m & m's, other nuts, and sometimes toffee bits. when I feel like making chocolate jumble cookies as I call them I simply reach for this container which is premixed and great!

Love these containers!

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

I received a set of three OXO Good Grips POP Containers for Mother's Day and am super impressed with the high quality of this product. First, I like the size variation of the containers. OXO is well aware that a "one size fits all approach" does not always work in the kitchen. I find that each of the three sizes of containers is perfect for what I need to use them for in my kitchen. Second, I love how the POP lids keep the items I store in these containers fresh for a long period of time. I use my containers to store sugar, flour, and coffee. All of these products keep for a long period of time, and I have not had any issues with the foods not tasting good after being stored in these containers. Third, I really like the design of a lid. Small particles do not get trapped in the lid and the POP feature allows for a tight seal each time. Finally, I am very impressed that the plastic does not take on the odor of the product that I store in the container. This is a great product!

Great way to store dry goods!

from Chesterfield, MO

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

A few years ago, I was wanting canisters to store my flour, sugar, and other dry staples. I had a set, but they were not air-tight, and I was constantly noticing my sugar and dry sugar clumping up. I asked my mom's advice, and she recommended the Oxo Good Grips Pop-Up Containers. I started with a couple of the larger ones, and put my sugar, brown sugar and flour in them. I was thrilled with how fresh everything stayed. The pop-up technology seems to really seal the air out! You just fill the canister, put the lid on it, then press down the button on top to create the air-tight seal. To open, depress the button and it pops up and you can open the lid. After using these for my baking staples, I asked for a few more for Christmas. I got the long, skinny one to keep spaghetti noodles in, since I got sick of not being able to properly close up the spaghetti box and keep leftover noodles from getting stale. I also got some of the smaller rectangular boxes for powdered sugar, oatmeal, etc. I can't say enough about how great these containers are. They are pricey, but they actually save you money in the long run since you don't have to throw away food that isn't kept fresh. I would recommend buying one or two and trying them out, then adding on additional containers as you can afford them.

Great Containers

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

OCO Good Grips POP Containers are some of the cutest containers if you want to store your food in something other than the box. It's nice that these containers come in different sizes and are clear. The fact that they're clear makes it so much easier to remember what is stored in your plastic containers. You don't have to worry about something being pushed to the back of the cabinet and then getting old because you can't remember what you put in it.

You can store your food on your counters when they're in this container because the containers look so nice. You also don't have to worry about your food going stale when you store it in the Good Grips POP Containers because they seal very well.

These are pretty easy to find, and they have them at my local hardware store as well as discount stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. The only negative is that they are more expensive than other plastic containers, but I think they are worth the price. They look really nice and work well.

Absolutely love these containers

from Connecticut

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

Love my oxo containers. The tall ones are great for cereal, the large square tall ones are perfect for flour and others are great for pasta and rice. I use the small ones for raisins and dried fruit. The food inside of them is protected from everything. They are bug proof as well. I took them on a camping trip where I normally would have had some type of bug get into my container and nothing got in! I had a problem in the past with critters in my dry goods in other containers but since finding the OXO pop containers, I've had no problems. I've been able to keep flour for literally years. And they stack really nicely in your pantry with everything kept so neatly and it's easy to see what's in the containers.
The only downfall is you do have to hand wash them, but I've had to do this so infrequently it's not an issue.I recommend these highly. They're a little pricey but worth every penny!

OXO Good Grips POP Containers: Airtight Food Storage

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

My mom baked a huge batch of homemade granola and gave it to me in an OXO Good Grips POP Container. I had never seen one of these containers before then, but have been really impressed with it ever since.

The button on the top of the lid of the POP Containers make them really easy to open and close. Just place the lid on top of the container and push the button for it to seal. Once it's closed, you can push the button down to release the seal so that you can take the lid off. It is very easy to do and would be perfect for an elderly person who has a hard time unscrewing lids. It is also really easy for children to use, and my children think it is a lot of fun to push the button to open it!

These containers do a great job of staying sealed. Once they are sealed, they really are airtight. You can even flip them over and the top stays on and the food will not leak out. This feature makes them perfect for storing things like sugar, flour, pasta, and cereal.

Nice and Fresh

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

I love these. They not only work great, they look cute in your cupboard. The seal is really tight and keeps your food fresh, but the genius handle design pops the seal so easily. They come in many different sizes so they fit great in any cupboard. I always want more.

Clearly great storage

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

Oxo Good Grips pop storage containers are, in my opinion, one of the best investments you can make for your kitchen. Though a bit pricey, you can actually save money by using them. Your food stays fresh, insect free, and the clear design of the storage containers allows you to easily see what the contents are.They stack beautifully to help organize your pantry or cupboard.
I recieved my first set for Christmas last year, and have since purchased a second set. They are great for storing ingrediants such as flours and sugar because the opening is wide enough to scoop a measuring cup down into them for the scoop and level method of measuring.
Once you "pop" the button on the lid down, the container is air tight and the lid is so securely in place that you can litterally pick the container up by it. "Pop" the button up and the lid is released. A much quicker, more convenient option over the airtight containers that can be used with vacuum sealer units.

Oxo Good Grips Canister

from Cumberland, MD

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

I purchased a number of these canisters a year ago. Last week I bought several more. What drew me to them was the POP feature on the lids which is very easy to use if you have arthritic hands. The seal is strong and all the foods I have stored in the Oxo canisters has stayed as fresh as I expected. Cleaning the lid mechanism is as simple as dunking them in my sink (I would not recommend putting them in the dishwasher). I will be adding to my "collection" again. These are the nicest, most functional canisters I have owned.

Compact, easy to use and easy on the eye.

from Lusk, WY

Comments about OXO Good Grips POP Containers:

The quality is fabulous...as with all OXO products. I have several sets of these, I use them for crafts, lapidary supplies and food. They keep food fresh. My jewelry making supplies look good enough in them that a friend thought I had purchased the filled with the turquoise and coral.