Other Nail Products:

OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish

Pros

Cons

OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish for a Cajun Gal

My daughters and I were in the store looking for some new nail polish.  My oldest daughter pointed the Cajun Shrimp color out.  Being from Louisiana we all consider ourselves cajuns!  We decided to get this product and try it out.  I loved the color.  It is a very reddish HOT pink.  I love HOT pink.  The color is very bright.  I especially loved it on my toes.  The product dries very fast.  We happened to buy the product when it was on sale, so the price was exceptionally great.  Normal price is a bit more than some of the other brands, but over all it is still cheaper than going to a nail salon and having your nails done.  The product lasted a week and did not chip at all.  There is a big selection of this product in different colors.  The polish really holds the shine.  I was impressed at how well it wore all week.  I am a outdoor person and usually the polish wears fast.  This one did last a week.  I only used one coat too!!  I will buy this product again!  It is a great product!!!  However, I will say that it is really not the color of cajun shrimp....but CLOSE!  For a sassy look and color with a little cajun spice try this product.

OPI Cajun Shrimp best on "shrimpy" (few)number of complextions.

OPI is known for the wide variety of nail polish colors that are available at any given time.  For the most part, the colors fall into basic categories:  pinks, reds, oranges, browns, and "trendy" (neons, black, etc).

When I first looked at the Cajun Shrimp color, I was not sure exactly in which category to place this.  It appeared to be a cross between orange and pink.  However, after having it on my nails for several days, and wearing it with various shades of pink and of orange, I am not sure that it fits well into either category.

As an avid fan of OPI polish, I wanted to give this color another evaluation.  I continued to wear it, and had my daughter and a friend also wear it.  The three of us have different skin colorings:  I have a medium Mediterranean undertone, my daughter has a pale, porcelain tone, and my friend is ruddy. .

I did not care for the color on me, and I tend to lean toward dark reds and burgundies.  My friend did not like the color on her either.  It tended to appear very orange with a strong yellow undertone.

However, Cajun Shrimp looks FANTASTIC on my daughter!  Her light complexion gives it a pure, natural color.  Although many colors of nail polish more than "pop" out against her pale complexion, this color is very complimentary.  It catches one's eye, but not glaringly.

FYI:  This particular color nail polish was originally chosen by my son-in-law for his soon-to-be-bride (my daughter). That was over 10 years ago, and she not only continues to use only OPI brand nail polish, this is the only color that she has used other than clear.

Final evaluation:  OPI Cajun Shrimp is not a true orange or pink base, and looks best on fair-skinned complexion.

OPI Cancun Shrimp nail polish

from Warden, WA

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

All I can say is that this is such a beutiful, more of a hot pink color.

Perfect color for the spring and summer!

The brush to this nail polish helps your polish go on easier.

Plus the color is very opaque.

OPI is over priced

from Calabasas, CA

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

OPI offers so many really gorgeous colors, one of them being the "cajun shrimp" but they are way over priced. I don't mind spending money and honestly Id rather pay more for a great product but OPI just doesn't cut it. Yes, they offer great and unique colors and yes, they are very heavy BUT you can get more "bang" for your buck. There are tons of other nail polish lines, some that work, some that dont. Wet and Wild for instance is a waste of your money as well. Sephoria has some nail polish and its actually really stays well. You can buy two nail polishes by Sephoria (they have an equally big color selection) for the price of one OPI. Like I have said in so many of my other reviews, everyone seems to just look at the label. I know its nice to have something that everyone has heard of but the truth is your more then likely wasting your money. Companys thrive off popularity, the product could be the worst thing ever made but if enough people like it the prices will sky rocket. I feel that OPI IS a good line but they are just a bit too pricey when you can get the exact same thing for a lower price. Use it when you go get your nails done, use theirs, don't waste your money.

OPI - The World Leader in Professional Nail Care -

from Corunna, MI

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

The OPI company is not know as the World Leader in Professional Nail Care for nothing! As a nail technician of 9 years, I have always used OPI nail polished & other nail products that they offer. Although my clients frequently come in to the salon with a favorite color - mainly Pompeii Purple, Affair in Red Square, I'm Not Really A Waitress Red, or Yukon Do It - one of my personal favorites is Cajun Shrimp. The color pops! It is by far, in my opinion, one of the greatest selections available for a summer color.... and adding a little funky colored artwork makes the color stand out even more.

With more than 100 colors to select from, Cajun Shrimp by OPI, was the winner of the selection to be wore on my last cruise to Cozumel. The color applies smooth, dries in a decent time frame & is long lasting! If you are someone that is drawn to a coral colored nail polish (which I am) than I would definitely recommend this particular color - or any other OPI color for that matter.

All time favorite nail polish

from Homestead, FL

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

I have gone through so many bottles of OPI's Cajun Shrimp nail polish. I love the boldness of the color and the way it complements my medium/tan skin tone. The "orange-y" color is a major plus to me. It's pretty hard to find and it seems like very few brands manufacture a similar color. Football is a big thing for Clemson fans and being an avid alumnus fan, I enjoy accessorizing my "Solid Orange Day" outfits with this awesome color.

I definitely recommend this product. The natural sense of quality that comes along with the name "OPI" and the amazing color are just two of many reasons to give this product a try!

Pros:

-- Unique color

-- long-wearing

-- doesn't require multiple coats to achieve color

-- compliments a medium/tan complexion

-- smooth application with the polish brush

Cons:

--polish thickens inside the bottle over time faster than other comparable polishes

--speed drying (placing freshly polished nails in ice cold water to speed dry) causes polish to chip quite a bit

strong polish

from Fargo, ND

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

I love any shade of OPI brand nail polishh! I especially loved this shade when I went on my honeymoon to the carribean! It was so bright and crisp you jsut could not find another shade like it. Like all OPI brand nail polish colors it goes on so smoothly and lasts so long! It is very strong too so you dont have to worry about touch ups! I went for a whole week in the carribean and this nail polish held up! I was even doing a lot of swiming and playing in the sand! I did have to do 2 coasts of the polish itself and one coaat of top coat but I was really amaxed that it lasted my whole trip. Even on the toes that were almost constantly in the sand! The polish held strong! The color it self was so fantastic because it is not really pink and it is not really orange and it is not really red but it dose seem to match any of those colors and therefore looked fabulous with any of my outfits! Although this product is more expensive than others you get your moneys woth in that you don't have to apply it nearly as often :)

Failed to Nail

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

In all honesty, there are not many nail polish products that are going to leave a lasting effect. Unless you are going to a salon, you can expect chipping within the next day after application. With this product, there is no difference. My sister bought this nail polish and I decided to try it. It looked fancy and I had hopes that it might just be a keeper. Though the color is vibrant, the wear is pretty much poo! I would recommend this product if you are going out for a one night special occasion. Other than that, kick it to the side because it is just plane Blah! Come on girls, if you seriously are looking to pamper yourselves, go to the salon. Your mothers and their mothers have all done it and not for just any reason. Because you are going to find good results. I recommend getting the gel nail polish. That can last up to two weeks. Also, they give a unique and beautiful appearance!!!

Cajun Shrimp is hot and spicy

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

This is one of my favorite summer pedicure shades. It's nice and coral, and also seems to flatter my skin tone. It's a little expensive, but it really does seem to last. It's just one of the many shades in my OPI arsenal of colors!

OPI Is a pretty good nail polish company

from Pasadena, TX

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

The Cajun Shrimp color of OPI nailpolish works well with fair to dark colored skins. It takes on different hues in different lights. In the bottle it looks almost like a bright very vivid florescent red. The pigments are very hevily vivid.  When on light skinned nails it takes on that color with a little bit of orange, but on darker skin it looks more orangish pink hues. It is kinda the same in light too the more light the more orange it looks. Very pretty for sure! We used it to polish a big group of my friends nails. It is a great eye popping color. Perfect for all the bright colors of the season! The nail polish came out the best with two coats and then a clear coat added on top. It takes OPI a while to dry but not too long. OPI is a great quality brand, last a long time, and resists chipping. I do a lot of hands on things and normally my nail polish last less then a week. OPI lasted longer then a week. It is moderate priced, but well wort every cent of it.

OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish is too pretty

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish:

I love bright colors. THis pink is no exception. I love to polish all nine of my nails with it. On the pinky nail of my right hand I polished it a silver glittery color. The bright pink makes the sparkly silver stand out even more. It is a really simple attention grabber. I got the idea from a magazine and I got tons on compliments on it. It goes great with short nails, because it is such a trendy edgy look. It is fast drying but long lasting. It also does not scratch off easily. I bought two bottles because pink is my favorite color espeically in this shade. In Spring and SUmmer I love to polish my toenails and wear my white flipflops. Its a really cute and feminine look. The price is alright. There really is not anything negative to say about this. It pretty much looks like the same color on your nails as it does in the bottles. I would recommend this as a gift for any woman who likes pink.

OPI 'Cajun Shrimp' Nail Polish for a Cajun Gal