Other Insect Repellents:

Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent

Pros

Cons

OFF Active Sweat Resistant Formula: Fewer Applications Needed

Mosquitoes and other biting, flying insects can be real pests and can even carry disease, so it is important to protect your skin at all times. The problem with some insect repellents is that they can quickly dissolve away on a hot day due to perspiration, but one product made to combat this problem is Off Active Sweat Resistent Insect Repellent.

Medication Commentary:

Off Active Sweat Resistent Insect Repellent is an aerosol spray insect repellent that is similar to other Off products in most ways. It contains the active ingredient DEET and also includes other ingredients that make it less likely to wash away due to human perspiration.

Off is a commonly used product in my household. We experience mosquitoes during the majority of the months of the year due to the warm climate and we use several different Off products to fight back against mosquitoes, biting flies, and other insects. I prefer the sprays because they are the most convenient to apply and Off Active Sweat Resistent Insect Repellent is one of the many good Off spray products. It keeps these annoying pests away from your skin and its special ingredients help to keep the Off on your skin regardless of sweating. Other insect repellents lose their effectiveness under the influence of excess perspiration, but this one holds its ground.

Off Active Sweat Resistent Insect Repellent is good for those who are more active, perspire more than others, and do not want to deal with continuous retreatments. The product can be applied directly to clothing for added protection and, of course, directly to the skin. Mosquitoes stay away, and your skin is safe.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Off Active Sweat Resistent Insect Repellent is a very good product for mosquito control and it works very well at keeping mosquitoes and other biting insects at bay. It stays on better, and so it doesn’t have to be reapplied as frequently. It rates as another quality Off product.

It keeps the bugs away and a single treatment lasts a long time.

Ease of Application
Just spray it directly on clothing or skin.

The scent isn't the greatest, but it's tolerable.

Not for everywhere

I have found this not to work most of the time. I still get bit even when I put it on thick. It needs a little det or something

It's...Read complete review

It's better then nothing but the bug still managed to bit me.

Ease of Application
Goes on easy but aerosol doesn't coat as good as a spray.

Not strong that's probably why the bug still bite.

This is very good for trail running.

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

I like to go for long runs to the arboretum. The only problem I have in the summer is that I have to deal with all the insects in the forest. Because I am running, I sweat a lot and the insects seem to love it. So I wanted to find a solution that keeps the insects away while at the same time that stays on even if I sweat a lot. This turned out to be the perfect solution. I spray this all over my body before going for my summer runs and the number of insect bites have significantly decreased. Now, I don't go for runs without this.

This is very effective in keeping the insects away. I also love how this works even when I sweat during hard exercises. I strongly recommend this for runners that like to go out even during the summer.

Ease of Application
You just have to shake the bottle and spray it to the places that you want to protect. The spray is effective and very easy to use and apply.

This doesn't have a strong scent. You wouldn't feel like you have this on you.

OFF! works!

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

Off is the best insect repellant I've used to date. I live in south Louisiana, and as you would imagine, we have millions of those pesky mosquitoes down here. There must be something good in my blood because mosquitoes love me. If there are mosquitoes out, I will be the first to be bitten and the one with the worst number of bites. I do not know why. I carry a small spray bottle of OFF with me in my purse for times when I am without and it sure does work! I spray all over my skin and I even spray on my hand to dab some onto my face. When I am wearing OFF, I do not get bitten by any mosquitos. The spray lasts for the longest time. A small bottle of OFF will go a long way and it is very inexpensive. The only downside to the spray is the smell. The smell is very overpowering, but I guess that is a small price to pay for peace of mind. The smell is not a nasty scent, but it is so overpowering, maybe that is why it repels mosquitos.

• Ease of Application:

You will be glad you bought it!

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

I live in an area where mosquitoes are terrible. I can not go outside from the spring to the late fall without having on insect repellent. I have used just about every kind of repellent and I would not necessarily say OFF is the best, but it is just as good as the others. Maybe it is my skin or where I live but none of them seem to work perfectly. One of the downfalls of OFF is that if you apply enough of it to sensitive skin, it tends to accelerate sunburn. At least it does for me anyway. I worked for a grocery company for many years and I will have to say that OFF was our best selling brand if that lends it credibility. I believe it has to be an excellent brand because of that for normal skin or maybe even in places where insect bites may not be as popular as they are here in the south. I work in a big garden for more than six months out of the year and they are certainly evil here. Off does however lesson the impact that these terrible pests have!

Finally, a Solution!

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

Off! is a very effective insect repellant; however, it has always had one serious flaw. Sweat negates some of the effects, and makes additional application more difficult. This may not seem like a big deal, but think about it for a minute. Where do mosquitoes live? They live in hot, humid areas. What do you do in hot, humid areas?

Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent is the perfect solution. It works just as well as the regular Off!, but sweat doesn't impair its function. There are not many mosquitoes where I live, except buy the river. Can you guess where I like to spend my nature time?

I used to come home covered in red welts, due to the fact mosquitoes had a field day with my skin. Regular Off! allowed me to spend time by the river with only half the amount of bites; better, but still not good. Off! Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent makes it possible for me to enjoy my time by the river, devoid of pesky; blood sucking mosquitoes.

If you apply this properly, not a single mosquito will touch you.

Ease of Application
How much easier can it be? All you have to do is point, and spray.

This spray has a very slight odor, but you will hardly notice when you're out in nature.

• Ease of Application:

Great for working outdoors and summer evening runs!

from San Antonio, Texas

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

Living in South-Central Texas, I can say that mosquitoes are a problem, especially during the summer and early fall months. I used to avoid using sprays, mostly because they were ineffective and often did not stick to my skin because of perspiration (I used to jog often, and outdoors). They have also stained my clothing.

This particular spray by Off! is not only effective and inexpensive, but it does not irritate nor aggravate my skin problems associated with eczema and seasonal allergies. For optimum coverage, I spray Off! on my clothes, have not experienced staining, and I don't have to deal with painful bites all over my body (even those problem areas like the insides of the elbows and behind the ears that need extra coverage). The spray doesn't totally stop mosquitoes from humming your way, but they rarely ever actually bite you.

The spray doesn't leave unsightly films on your skin, and since it's sweat-friendly, it should be used when working outdoors and engaging in physical activities. I recommend it for athletes, gardeners, and especially those with skin problems who are hesitant to try insect-repellant sprays.

• Ease of Application:

A must have for athletes

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

I go hiking in the Adirondacks a lot and there are always so many bugs and mosquitos up there in the summers. Most of the other bug sprays work fine if you do not sweat, but this one works through the sweat. I just spray one layer on my legs, arms, and any other exposed body part, and I never have to worry about bug bites. When I start sweating the bug spray stays on so I not have to reapply all day. This is a must have for any hikers or campers

Ease of Application
Love the spray packaging, easy and even application

Not too bad for bug spray

The Only Effective & Sweat Proof Insect Repellent

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

The Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent is the only water proof and effective insect repellent I have used. I am an extremely active person in the summer so I need something that will repel insects and stay on my skin through sweat and water. I bought this product and it works great. Even when I am not active, I still use this product during the warmer parts of the year to stave off mosquitoes and other insects.

I used a whole canister over the past spring and summer because I absolutely loved it! Using this product (even if it smells a bit odd before it dries) is definitely a better option than getting a million red, itchy, swollen mosquito bites. I live close to a river and a pond, so there are a lot of mosquitoes near where I live, but the Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent fends off all the insects! I also have really sensitive skin and this product doesn't affect the health of my skin at all. I recommend this product to anyone who is active and/or has problems with insect bites.

Effective.

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

I never go on hiking or camping trips without packing my Off! Active sweat resistant insect repellent. It is effective for any outdoor activities where you might be prone to insect bites. Now you can plan outdoor activities without worrying about insects just spray some on your clothes and even use it on exposed parts of your skin. It is effective as a repellent, harmless to your skin and does not have a smell that might repel people. Highly recommended.

• Ease of Application:

hardly ever get any bites

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

Living in Ohio in our summer nights, especially the damp ones the bugs are horrible. I have used OFF so many times and have been so happy and satisfied with the product. I don't think anything is 100% effective but I have noticed using this I am lucky with having no bites. I use this on a 3 year old and he has a great outcome with it and its not hard on his skin. The only we don't like abut the product is the smell. Not the best but it sure does fight off the bugs!

Not for everywhere

Comments about Off! Active Sweat Resistant Insect Repellent:

It's better then nothing but the bug still managed to bit me.

Ease of Application
Goes on easy but aerosol doesn't coat as good as a spray.

Not strong that's probably why the bug still bite.