Other Computer Components:
OCZ Platinum 4GB 2 GB (OCZ3P2000LV4GK)

OCZ Platinum 4GB 2 GB (OCZ3P2000LV4GK)

Best Value High Performance DDR3

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about OCZ Platinum 4GB 2 GB (OCZ3P2000LV4GK):

This RAM kit is usually the cheapest DDR3 2000 kit on the market.  I wanted a kit that would give me some flexibility for overclocking, and I was glad that I didn't that I could get a high performance kit like this for not much more than the cost of the cheapest bargain memory.

Both sticks worked straight out of the package. I was a little worried because this memory isn't certified for my motherboard, but I have found that this certification doesn't mean that much anymore.The memory kit scales very well. My set is stable at DDR3 1628 7-8-7-20 at 1.5v. I wasn't able to reach DDR3 2000, but my motherboard is only rated for up to DDR3 1600.  It's still a great value at these speeds and latencies.  DDR3 1600 CL7 was considerably more expensive when I bought my kit.The heatsinks are short; they aren't any taller than the ram and don't cover the tops of the sticks.  I have a down-facing heatpipe cooler, and the extra clearance was appreciated, but I was concerned that the heatsinks might dislodge when I pushed the sticks in.  The heatsinks also feel heavy for what it's worth.*  *