Other General Household Cleaners:
O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge

O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge

Pros

Cons

O-Cel-O Scrub Sponges put the FUN in functional.

**O-Cel-O by 3M No Scratch Scrub Sponge**

**O-Cel-O by 3M No Scratch Scrub Sponge**

I may be one of the few people out there who doesn't mind doing dishes, especially when I use **O-Cel-O No Scratch Scrub Sponges. **They feature a cello-sponge side and a scrubby side so there's no need to use two separate pieces.

Made by 3M, with their trade mark "StayFresh" technology. The yellow sponge side is Antimicrobial which is a great idea to help keep it fresher longer and helps to resist odor and mildew, surely there's nothing worse than a smelly sponge. The scrubby side provides enough scrub-ability to easily remove stuck-on food without scratching metal or glass surfaces.

"O-Cel-O sponges and scrub sponges are long lasting and durable, as well as strong, soft, and flexible when wet. They're ideal for washing dishes, glassware, tabletops, appliances, and countertops".

You may not think a sponge can be fun but, these have unique and colorful prints on the scrub side that add a touch of whimsy and takes the boring out of doing dishes.They come in a handy two-pack or four-pack sizes and last through many uses.

These** No Scratch Scrub Sponges** are best suited for kitchen duty like dishes, glasses, pans and such. If you need more scrubbing power for sturdier surfaces or something that can take more roughness, try the All Surface Scrub Sponge which are great for bathroom tile and sinks. The Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge are best for heavy duty surfaces or baked on messes.

I keep these in clean shape by throwing them in my dishwasher, straight through the dry cycle as recommended my the manufacturer. Bleaching them will dull the color of the print and dry out the sponge causing it to break down so stick with the dishwasher method or they also suggest boiling it in water for about 5 minutes.

I've used these sponges for a long time and really like how they work, they're a staple in my kitchen.

I prefer Scotch-Brite sponges over O-Cel-O.

I usually use blue Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch sponges or their green & yellow ones, but these **O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponges** are what I had, so I used them. I never thought I would have brand loyalty for something like a cleaning sponge, but I do now. It's not that these O-Cel-O sponges are bad, I just realized that I like the Scotch-Brite sponges better - weird since they are both made by the 3M company.

While both these and the Scotch-Brite sponges have a scrubby side and a sponge side, the Scotch-Brite sponges feel like they're made of higher quality materials. The sponge is softer and the scrubber is more flexible. Not a big deal, but I prefer the others to these. One thing that's different about these is their shape. Instead of being a rectangle, they have cut-out side for easy gripping - a nice feature when you're using the sponge side.

These sponges have no scent.

Mediocre sponges

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

These are mediocre sponges that do a decent job of cleaning dishes, scrubbing kitchen countertops, appliances and the stove as well as cleaning sinks and bathtubs. I think this sponge's scrubbing side is not very strong and can fall apart if I scrub too hard. I have ripped the scrubber on a piece of dried food. The soft side is good for rinsing dishes. The patterns are cute and modern; I prefer them to the other plain yellow and green sponges. These fit in my hand easily and do not scrub off my nail polish. I do not think they are very strong and do not last as long as other sponges. They seem to be of a lower quality than other sponges. I like that they do not scratch surfaces in my kitchen or my pots and pans.

These are good for daily maintenance cleaning but I would not use it on a hard job because the scrubber can rip or just not clean as good as you'd like. These are good for light jobs inside the house.

O-Cel-O 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

The first time I knew this product existed was after I noticed a coupon in my Sunday paper. As my local supermarket was doubling coupons that week, I was able to attain them for practically free! And free is a good price!

Clearly this is the competition for Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges. They have a scouring pad on one side and a sponge on the other side. It's a quality product, and holds up very well to the more well known brands extremely well. It is great at scrubbing those burnt-on food messes, although just like Scotch-brite, this product does work more effectively if pots are soaked for a good hour in hot soapy water. It doesn't hold together so well if you are scrubbing your backyard grill - you really need steel wool for that! But for light to heavy kitchen messes, this is superb!

It I had to be critical, I sometimes question how much bacteria remains inside the sponge part of the product, and for this reason, I prefer the scouring pads from Scotch-Brite which are easier to rinse.

It;s a Sponge...

from VA

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

I usually buy the o-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponges, because they tend to be less pricier than the other brands. I don't think they are anything to get excited about. They are a sponge, and like a sponge they do their job. The scrub side has enough scrubby feel to adequately clean the toughest jobs from dishes to bathtub ring, without scratching up whatever you are cleaning. You can clean a variety of surfaces with them without worry. I use them on dishes, counter tops, the stove, microwave, bathtub, etc (no all the same sponge, don't worry). The sponges last a decent amount of time without breaking apart or wearing down. But like all sponges, no matter how well you try and keep them clean, eventually they start smelling nasty and have to be tossed. I don't think these last any shorter or longer than any other sponge I have tried. Overall they are not too bad. Not amazing, but they get the job done without scratching your surfaces or falling apart, and the price is very reasonable.

Great Item To Always Have on Hand

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

O-Cel-O No-Scratch Scrub Sponge is the only sponge I use in my home. I mainly use it for cleaning pots and pans and sometimes inside my oven to remove dried on messes. It makes removing baked on food from my pots and pans so much easier. It is also much more gentle than using steel wool soap pads. I would highly recommend it for anyone who cooks and wants the cleanup to be quick and easy.

O-Cel-O No-Scratch Scrub sponge is my go to scrubber for mostly pots, pans and glass bake ware. In almost every case, it thoroughly cleans and removes stuck on food with little effort. It has one side with the scrubber surface and the other side is a normal sponge. The regular side is used often my me to clean up spills on the counter top. I also use the scrubber side to clean the inside of my refrigerator when I sometimes have minor spills that have become hard and solid. This sponge is so versatile that I would highly recommend it.

I gave this sponge a ten for scent because I am very sensitive to perfumes and scented products and his sponge has no scent. Just to make sure, I opened a new package of sponges and smelled it and there is no scent.

I like to use these on T-fal and my cast iron.

from West Virginia

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

I like these particular sponges for my items that I don't want to scuff or scour. My T-Fal sets and my cast iron skillets, pots, and tea pots are all unable to be scrubbed because it would cause damage to their surfaces. With these sponges, I actually get a little bit of scouring power without the worry that the product will scratch my pots and pans.

Usually, I will soak my pots and pans and skillets in warm or hot water. I add a bit of dish detergent and wait a few minutes before washing them. Because the surface of these sponges kind of feels like a cloth material or rubber material, they aren't harsh on my metals and I'm able to scrub and scour with them where I need a little extra power. Iron skillets are supposed to be nonstick but on the occasion, meats and eggs get stuck and I need something more than a cloth or sponge.

These provide a great amount of scrub and are gentle on my dishes. They are also great for scrubbing countertops, the stovetop, and grout!

These do great for what I need them for. They scrub just enough to help loosen food from my cast iron and T-fal products that I can't usually scour.

They don't really have a scent, which is great. I want my dishes to smell like dishes, not like flowers and soap.

Best Sponge!

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

I enjoy using O-Cel-O No-Scratch Scrub Sponges when I clean my dishes and pans. I find these sponges remove caked on food, get rid of stains, and overall clean my dishes better than any other sponge on the market.
This sponge can handle a wide range of jobs. From little spills on the floor or countertop or a messy pan with cheese baked on, this sponge can handle it!
However, I do go through these sponges quite frequently. Although they do their job, they do not rise off well. I usually put these through the dishwasher a few times and then throw them out. The scrubber does wear out and loosen rather quickly as well. Luckily, they are relatively cheap and I do not feel like I have wasted the sponge by throwing one out every two weeks or so.

Can handle a mess of all sizes. From little spills to pans with food cooked on. I find these to have a very good scrubber on them. However, the scrubber often wears out quickly and/ or lifts up.

Neutral. No scent.

Great For Everyday Cleaning

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

I like to keep cleaning supplies stocked up in my home and sponges are a must. I had never tried the O-Cel-O No-Scratch Scrub Sponges until recently. I would say that these are the best scrub sponges on the market. The O-Cel-O No-Scratch Scrub Sponges clean exceptionally well without leaving a greasy residue behind. I don't have to go back and clean the same area again like with other sponges that I have used in the past. I like that these sponges rinse out easily and never leave a musky mildew smell. I can reuse the O-Cel-O sponge many times before tossing it in the trash. These sponges are great for everyday cleaning. I use them to wash dishes, they are great on pots and pans. I even use the sponges when washing my car. These sponges are priced low enough that you can use and toss without feeling like you are wasting lots of money. I will continue to purchase the O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponges and would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Good Sponges For Lightweight Cleaning

from New York, NY

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch sponges are useful for light jobs. I typically purchase Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty sponges almost exclusively, however I recently had a coupon for these O-Cel-O sponges. Given that after using the coupon they were practically free and that while I am brand loyal to Scotch-Brite I am always open to trying new or different brands, I purchased a 2 pack of these sponges.

My overall impression of these O-Cel-O sponges are that they are great for lightweight cleaning but don't hold up as well for those tougher jobs. They are not as durable or hard wearing as the Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty sponges (as evidenced when one of these sponges ended up disintegrating after multiple uses). What they are great for is spot cleaning or cleaning delicate surfaces.

I was impressed that they live up to their claims of not leaving any scratches. This was perfect for cleaning counter tops and wiping down my stainless appliances (namely my refrigerator and stove top). I think this the best use for these sponges.

As they are not as hard wearing or durable as the Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty sponges and because they do not contain the scouring pad for those troublesome stains, I would probably not purchase these O-Cel-O sponges in the future.

O-Cel-O by 3M - Do a great job (and look pretty too!)

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

The first time I purchased O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponges was because I had a coupon that made them almost free. After trying them out, I liked them so much that I have bought them again.

These sponges are pretty, which is a pretty rare (if not unheard of) quality for such a mundane household product. But not only are they pretty, but they work really well. These are great for your kitchen. I keep them near the counters and sink for quick and easy cleanup. They do a good job of scrubbing really well, without scratching and damaging surfaces.

The design of O-Cel-O sponges is quite clever. The hourglass shape makes these so easy to grip while you're scrubbing away with them. If you think about it, this is the shape that you force sponges to take when you are using them, but this sponge is already made that way so it is much more comfortable to hold. It's something I never would have thought up, but it works!

The only sponges I ever use!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about O-Cel-O by 3M No-Scratch Scrub Sponge:

These are my absolute favorite sponges for cleaning dishes! I think they cost a little more than dish sponges should, but given the alternatives I pay the price every time.
I have 2 of these sponges on active duty in my kitchen at all times. One for the dishes and one for the countertops and sink. I use a new one on the dishes and as it gets older, it gets demoted to the counters and a new one gets pulled from the pack to replace it.
I love the pretty colors these sponges come in. I know it's probably a silly girly thing, but I like my household cleaning stuff to be pretty as well as functional!
With cheaper sponges sometimes the scrubber pad will become disconnected from the actual sponge, but I've never had that problem with Ocello.

These sponges are the best I've found. They work for scrubbing pots and pans but they don't mess up the non-stick coating. Also, they've made some vast improvements in the past few years so foo doesn't get stuck in the scrubber part so much!

Not really a scented cleaning item, but rating it low for something it's not supposed to have seemed wrong.