Other Lips:
Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream

Inexpensive, lasting color

Comments about Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream:

This matte lipstick is one of my favorite lip colors to wear. I own the shades Istanbul (a true baby pink) and Antwerp (a coral-y pink.)

These lip colors feel like mousse upon application, but dry to a creamy, matte finish. As I own lighter colors (which typically wear off more quickly, no matter what brand) I can't say much for the lasting power. These usually last a 2-3 hours without touch-ups.

The Matte Lip Creams have a sweet, vanilla scent, and they aren't sticky whatsoever. One of the best parts about this specific lip color is that it leaves me lips moisturized. While many matte products tend to dry out the lips, this type does not.

The product comes in a tube with a doe-foot applicator, which makes application easy and fool-proof.

However my favorite thing about this product is that it doesn't settle into the lines of my lips. Also, this product doesn't emphasize any dryness I might have on my lips.

Fantastic Product

Comments about Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream:

I use Amsterdam, it is a lovely red that flatters most skin tones (there is a blue undertone to it, but nothing overpowering) and the finish is definitely matte. I find that it dries down in about a minute with nothing under it, or 5 minutes if I put it over a lip balm, but during that dry down time it doesn't smear or cake up in any strange ways. There is no need for lip liner or anything of the sort, because once it dries, it is pretty much there for the next 3-4 hours, eating and drinking included. Application is a breeze and should pose no problems to newbies and veterans to the red lipstick game. The packaging features a simple twist-off cap tube with a doe foot applicator. It is surprisingly effective at administering the product. I normally dip twice into the tube to cover my lips (granted my lips are fairly normal in size). For such a cheap cost, it is definitely worth looking into these if you're either curious about the brand, the product itself, or you want to try a color and see how it looks on you without breaking bank.

Eh.....I've worn better.....

Comments about Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream:

I really really wanted to like this product. I love the look and feel of matte lipstick, and this seemed like a good brand to try. I've bought a lot of their products before and liked every one of them. This product, however, feels extremely cheap. It smears and bleeds and rubs off after a short period of time. It's a beautiful matte lipstick and feels great on, but you have to reapply every time you take a deep breath (or it seems like)! I wish that this lipstick had more staying power. It would make it perfect, but I guess you get what you pay for with this lipstick. Also, I noticed that it constantly rubbed onto my teeth, which is something I don't seem to hand a problem with with any of my glosses or sticks. I don't know id it's this product in general, which is just really thick, but I wear a lot I'd reckon lipgloss and its super thick and never rubs onto my teeth like this gloss did. Hopefully, this is a fluke in the NYX makeup line, and I can go back to loving their products again.

This lip cream is smooth andd smells great!

Comments about Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream:

When i first got this lip cream I thought I wouldn't like it because well of the color, and I don't really get things from nyx. But I love this lip cream! Its nice and smooth on your lips, the color is gorgeous, mine is like a berry pink, and you can build it up to what it looks like in the tube, or you can have a rosy pink. The greatest thing of all about this lip cream is the smell, oh my gosh its smells just like butterscotch in my opinion. One thing i would change is.... nothing! I love everything about this lip cream, and the packaging is cute, hope you buy this product.