Other Dog Healths:

Cons

A treat for both of us

from Illinois

Comments about Nylabone Nutri Dent Edible Dental Chews:

My German Shepherd used to devour these things like nothing. For years, we struggled with her and the rest of the crew to brush their teeth, finally coming to a mixture of peanut butter and baking soda to get them to let the toothbrush in their mouths. These little godsends made our work much easier, at least with the shepherd, who liked the taste so much she started bugging out every time we popped the toothpaste. The smell is pleasant, unlike many of the other dental chews we had tried, and long lasting, unlike the dental mints we'd been relying on prior for an in between breath killer. All of our dogs loved the taste, just my baby girl was besides herself over them.

Side Effects
Almost clean enough that I was able to increase the time between brushings. Lovely breath smell, which is always my first rating on dental products, lasted longer than expected, and the bad smell stayed away for a few days.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Be careful with gulpers.

Comments about Nylabone Nutri Dent Edible Dental Chews:

I picked up these treats after trying various other ones including, Dentastix and Greenies. These treats by Nylabone look very similar to Greenies, but are a little bit cheaper where I am. I bought the small size for my Maltese and my Bichon Frise and they both really liked them. I let them sniff the treat first and they went crazy, going through all of their treats and begging me to give the treat to them. My Maltese sometimes likes to swallow big pieces of things without swallowing, so I had to be careful while monitoring their chewing. They both had pretty good smelling breath afterwards, but the next day I found a chunk of this treat in my Maltese's feces. I figured that she probably didn't finish chewing these before she swallowed them. These may be a good alternative to Greenies, but if you have a dog who likes to eat his treats without chewing I do not recommend this. Judging by the fact that my dog passed it in his feces I would think that they are not extremely digestible.

My dog likes to chew on Nylabone Nutri Dent Edible Dental Chew

Comments about Nylabone Nutri Dent Edible Dental Chews:

My dog recently turned 15 years old (that's 105 in dog years!), so it's important for me to help her maintain good health, which includes keeping her teeth clean. She has had her teeth professionally cleaned by her veterinarian a few times, however that is expensive and can't be done every year.

My dog loves treats but she hasn't been receptive to a lot of the dog treats that are made for dental hygiene (i.e. they taste bad). One product that has passed the taste test (for her, not me), is the Nylabone Nutri Dent Edible Dental Chew. This chew is made with natural ingredients, including vitamins and minerals, and does not contain any artificial colors. It comes in sizes for all dogs, ranging from mini to extra large.

The Nylabone edible chew looks like a toothbrush and it has a patented design that helps to control plaque and tartar while freshening breath. My dog gets very excited when she sees me getting this chew out for her and I feel good that I'm giving her a product that is good for her health.