Other Dog Foods:
1S401
Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food

Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food

Great Food - Really Helped My Dog

After reading an article on dog foods and the meaning of "animal byproducts" in the ingredients label (any part of an animal not fit for human consumption), I researched different brands of dog food that would be healthy for my dog.  My vet said Nutro was a great natural brand of dog food, and since my dog had a "sensitive tummy", put him on the senior food because it is higher in fiber.  My dog was regular, his stool was "normal", his coat became softer, and a skin rash that he was prone to getting became less aggravated.  Even through the pet food recall, Nutro Natural Choice Dry was never listed.  I have stuck with it through the whole recall scare and my dog just turned 10 years old.  The food has a lot to do with him still being healthy and active and I would never feed him anything else.

Makes my dogs sick

I purchased Nutro Dog Food a few times for my dogs.  Everytime my dogs eat Nutro, they get very sick and lethargic.  My dogs do not have sensative stomaches, so I was concerned.  My dogs eat IAMS, Science Diet and at times, Beneful.  After my dogs kept getting sick off of anything Nutro, I stopped feeding it to them.  If my dogs get sick, I feel the product isn't what it's made out to be.

Nutro Senior keeps my dog young

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

My eleven year old lab has been eating Nutro Natural Choice Senior dog food for about 3 years now. She was on the lamb and rice for many years and then we switched her to the senior formula. Before we switched her over to the senior formula, she would run and swim with our younger lab for hours and then wake up lame the next morning. She loves to swim and chase balls, so we opted to find another brand that had some glucosamine in it that would help with her joints and mobility. Now, three years later, she is as spunky as ever and keeps up with the 3 year old and can swim circles around him. She's like the energizer buddy it seems and her morning days of lameness are gone. As with the other Nutro Natural Choice products, the bonus is less waste in yard and better nutritious ingredients.

My dog really hates this stuff

from Alameda, CA

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

I really like to be able to get natural dog food, especially ones that are geared toward seniors because my poor dog Spunky is getting pretty old! I am hopeful that these types of food will be good for his joints as he is not as agile as he used to be.

I was hoping that this food would be good because it seems wholesome and of course I had a great coupon for it. When we first gave this food to Spunky he just looked at it. He would not even touch it. After a while of still not eating it, we put some water on it. Finally, he reluctantly started eating it. Now that we are at the bottom of the bag he is a little better about eating it but he still doesn't like it very much. Other things like treats and milk bones he gobbles down, but this, he hates.

Spunky is a miniature doberman pinscher. He has always been a litty bit on the chunky side and now that he is older he just seems to stay the same. We can't have him excercising too much because I think it is too much stress on his old body.

Happy Doggys!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

Well, I hate to admit but my dogs are gettting old. We had never used Nutro before and the clerk at our pet store suggested this senior formula. It was on sale and there was an additional coupon so it priced closely to the other brands I have bought. My dogs love it. The heavy obese dog has started losing weight and the husky seems to have more energy. It is good for weight loss too, since the first ingrediants are protein, not grain. We are hooked.

We have been looking for a healthy alternative for both our dogs and didnt want to buy two different foods. This food is geat for any dog. My husky has bad teeth and a sensitive stomach. He has been easily able to eat this dog food and tollerated it very weel. That is always a huge concern for any food purchase.

We also have an obese Cocker Spaniel that eats anythin not nailed to the floor. He has lost some weight eating this dog food. The reason I am told is that there are fewer fillers then typical dog foods making this brand power packed with protein and good nutrition. We monitor our carbs, dogs need it monitored too.

Natural Choice is the ONLY Choice for our Dachshund

from Southampton, PA

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

We adopted our little dachshund from a local dachshund rescue agency.  They educated us on the special diet that they use for all of the dogs associated with their agency, which includes Nutro Natural Choice Senior.  Don't be confused with the "Senior" in the name as it is recommended for all ages of dachshunds due to the benefits to their backs and joints.  When we adopted our dog, we committed to continue to follow the special diet recommended by the rescue agency.  We have no regrets!  Our dog is extremely healthy, at a good weight for his size, and so far has a healthy back.  This food is expensive, but well worth it.  Some coupons are available at times, especially when you sign up for their email mailing list.

Nutro Natural Choice Senior Dog Food is Great!

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

My dog went to the vet last year because he was having bad back problems. He is a dachshund, and they are prone to back problems, so we were very worried about what he was going to have to go through. Well, the vet told us all of our options, but he also added that our dog should start eating this brand of dog food to help with his back and his joints. We went and bought him some at our local Petsmart. It was a bit more expensive than some of the other brands, but well worth the price that you pay. Our dog started eating it and his back pain started to go away. I could not believe that there could be a dog food that could actually do this! But it did. He has not had any flare ups with an aching back or joints since he has been eating this brand of dog food. I would highly recommend it for any older dog, especially an older dog with any kind of joint or back problems. It helped my dog so much.

Good for Senior Dogs

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

I have been using Nutro Natural Choice Senior Dry Dog food for the last 5 years for my 3 westies. I find it is the best of all the brands I have tried. My dogs love it and I would recommend it for any dog owner with an older pet.

Healthy

from Farmington, NY

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

We have a 9 year old Rottweiler who has had hips pain since he was a pup. We started feeding him The Nutro Natural Choice food for large dogs and he loves it. He eats twice a day and can't wait for feeding time. As he got older we switched him to the Senior for Large dogs. The product is geared toward older dog and with the extra dashes of Glucosamine it helps with his joints. With the right amount of food per feeding it has been great for weight maintenance also. I would recommend this product to anyone who has a dog that may be prone to hip problems

Makes my dogs sick

from Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

One of the best foods you can buy for your furbaby.

from Bogart, GA

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

This food is fantastic. Makes his coat shiny, he seems healthier and best of all he poops less. He was scratching his ears and they smelled bad even when I cleaned them out until putting him on this food.

Healthy food with little waste to clean up.

from Bennington, VT

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Senior Large Breed Dog Food:

This food provides a good healthy meal for an old member of the of the family. We love our old girl and want to keep her healthy.

She loves the tast and is always ready to eat.

I have found that there is very waste to clean up from this food. We have tried other foods and there was a lot of waste. So this food has provided us with easier clean up.