Other Dog Foods:

Nutro Natural Choice Adult Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Nutro dog food is amazing!!

When I first rescued my dog he was in such poor shape. He had a real problem with loose stools and his coat was severly dry and itchy. I tried many different kinds of foods and he did not get turned around until I put him on Nutro brand dog food. It seemed to agree with my dog's digestive system right from the start. It was easily digested and his skin started showing improvement in no time at all. His coat also started growing back in thicker and shinier than before. I had a hard time finding it locally at first, then my local farm store started carrying it and I can purchase it easily now. We also just had a pet store open up in a nearby town and they also carry it. They have different flavors and I switch around with those to give my dogs a variety for dinner.

healthy but my dog hates it

I bought this brand of Natural Choice dog food when my little doggie ran out. I wanted to try something new for him. I always forget which brands he likes or doesn’t like and I wonder if he starts to get tired of eating an entire bag of the same thing. I know I don’t like left overs. :D haha. When I looked over the brand, everything in it looked good for my dog. It helps contral excess weight gain which my pudgy doggy could use, good stool quality which I’m not too worried about (my pup is quite regular), natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints, guaranteed to improve skin and coat, high quality lamb proteins, rice is the only cereal grain (great because there’s not a whole lot of fillers bad for the dog), Vitamin E for preservatives so this food is all natural, and ALA (alpha linolenic Acid or Omega 3s which we all need a little more of. It is a bit pricey but you pay for your dog’s long-term health. I poured him some when I got home and the kernels looked a good size for my small-medium (schmedium) pup. He’s a yorkie Maltese mix so you can get a feel for his size. He sniffed it a bit, took a bite of one piece, and spit it out. Guess he’s not a health nut! This food has all the essential nutrients for your pup but my little marley won't touch the stuff. make sure to try a sample before buying the whole bag!

My Dog Loves It!

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Adult Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food:

So my dog, probably like most owner's dogs, is not a picky eater. He will eat literally anything edible. He's gotten sick just from eating the berries in our backyard. We give him any and all kinds of treats when he earns them through some trick. However, never have I truly seen or heard him whine and beg for food except for this Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food. He absolutely LOVES it. We once had to get a different brand when we traveled to our home state because we couldn't find the Nutro bag we usually got him and he actually backed away from the food we tried giving him. As soon as we came home and gave him his original dog food, he scarffed it down in a matter of seconds! I am a huge supporter of this brand as well. It keeps my dog's coat looking shiny and healthy and it of course keeps him healthy as well! I would highly reccomend this product to dog owners who want there dogs to eat and stay healthy!

Great for Maltese Eyes Non-Staining

We needed to change our dog's food to a lower protein content in order for her to lose weight per the vet's instructions. We tried this one and really liked it. She is a white dog and just like poodles, if she eats any food with dye or drinks tap water with minerals, the hair on her feet and around her eyes turns red. It's hard to find a dog food that is more on the natural side and one that also contains no dyes. This brand has worked great. She doesn't seem to get full but then again she was over eating before. She just had a vet check up and he said she looks great and lost almost two pounds. She is now at a healthy weight. Our dog also seems to love the taste. She gobbles the food up and scratches at her bowl for more. She has skin allergies and some food would make her skin red and itchy. This food does not do that. Overall we like it and the price. I would recommend it especially for Maltese dogs.

Awesome foods for Allergic dogs

I have a Shar Pei who is so allergic to foods and pollens she gets antigen shots every 2 weeks. This food agrees with her! She is healthy, her coat looks great and there has been no reaction to this dog food what so ever. She is not overly active and this has not added any weight to her 50 pounds.

• Flavor Selection:

Great dog food at a great price

Over the last 3yrs as dog owners we have gone through multiple branda of dog food trying to find one that wouldn't give our two Alaskan Malamutes diarrhea. We tried Pedigree, Blue, Zamzows brand, Purina, and several other well known brands with either no luck or an empty bank account by the end of the month due to excessive cost. Natural Choice is both affordable and supreme quality dog food, with meat as the first ingredient instead of by products or grains. Our dogs love it and they have never had the runs or an upset stomach since we started feeding it plus it is very economically priced which helps us have more money left over for the rawhide strips they love so much. We recommend this fod to anyone with a dog, but especially to those with sensitive digestive systems like our dogs.

Quality of Ingredients
Meat is the first ingredient! No disgusting by products to make your dogs sick, just real meat, grains and vegetables!

Flavor Selection
Lots of different flavors to choose from! Our dogs like the Lamb and Rice flavor the best.

• Flavor Selection:

A healthy more natural way to feed your dog.

We have a pure breed beagle and used to love this brand of dog food. However they recently changed the formula on us and so now it has less fat in it which is i guess healthier but also it has stopped being good for my dogs coat. She used to have a shiny soft coat with minor shedding. Now and only since they have changed the formula she is shedding a ton more and have been giving her fish oil supplements to try and help with her coat and they are working slightly but i wish they would just go back to the old ingredients!!

Quality of Ingredients
quality of ingredients has gotten worse over the last few months and therefore has my husband and i thinking we might need to find a different brand that will help her coat since this one has little fatty acids now.

Flavor Selection
along with the new ingredients my dog isnt as happy to eat her food which is just really sad because you want you pets to be happy and its just sad that they had to go and change it!!

• Flavor Selection:

Great for dogs with touchy stomachs

from Madison, WI

We have two pugs at home, and one has a really sensitive stomach. If he gets into things or eats something that doesn't agree with him, he'll throw up and get really lethargic. We were experiencing this more often when we were using a different brand of food, and tried switching him a couple times to no avail. The vet recommended we tried this formula, so we got him Nutro (in this lamb and rice flavor). The other pug doesn't mind the change either way (she'll eat anything), but the sensitive pug has been doing much better with the new food type. Though the cost of the bag is higher than a lot of the other brands, it outweighs the potential harm to our dog for being sick constantly, and all of the cleaning products we have to buy when he gets ill.

If your dog doesn't have a sensitive tummy or other health problems, this may not be for you due to the higher cost and smaller packaging. But for those who have dogs that may experience problems, this is a really great product.

• Flavor Selection:

Grain free and happy puppy.

from Apple Valley, CA

I found a good grade dog food my dog will eat. He is extremely fussy, my fault I fed him from my table. He eats this with out any problem. Made me so happy, he actually lost a pound. (he needs to lose more). He is a small breed, mini pin and taco dog mix, more mini pin that taco. Likes his food cut up for him. He is eatinng the dry with no problem

Quality of Ingredients
I have meat and potato dog. It has to taste right or he would not touch it,

Flavor Selection
Must taste like the real thing, lamb and potatoe biscuits, he loves them

Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice is a Quality Food

from Houston, TX

Dog foods are usually composed primarily of grains, to keep costs low. But meat is a dog’s natural food and even if you don’t go all- out with the meat, it is still a good idea to select a dog food with at least some quality meat on its list of ingredients. Lamb is a very good meat for dogs and a food with plenty of lamb is Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice.

Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice is another quality food from Nutro, a company known for its attention to quality. With Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice, dogs receive a good dose of lamb meat in every serving along with rice bran and added vitamins and minerals. There is still a certain amount of grain in this dog food, but there is also a decent amount of meat, making it better than most, at least from an ingredient standpoint.

Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice offers a good degree of nutrition with a significant dose of protein coming from the lamb and other ingredients. The fat and carbs are about in line with those of other dog foods and the taste is going to be more than acceptable to most dogs. The first time I served this to my dog was from a small sample bag handed out in the store. I like this idea, because I didn’t want to invest money in a large bag of the food only to find out my dog didn’t like it. He liked it, and I proceeded to add it to my list of possible dog foods to purchase each month.

Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice is mostly a grain- based dog food and therefore is not as great as some of the meat- only dog foods in the market. But this is still a good food that is easily better than most due to its lamb content and higher protein.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this dog food are mostly grain based, but there is a good deal of lamb also and it is very high in protein,

Flavor Selection
Nutro offers many different flavors, with most focusing either on chicken or lamb.

great for allergies

from Overland Park, KS

I have looked up a lot of information about dog foods.  Nutro Natural seems to have the best ingredients of the medium priced dog foods.  I like all their products, but have been using the lamb and rice because it helps my dog who has allergies.  He used to chew his fur off on his sides, but has stopped doing that since I switched to the lamb formula.  My dogs look wonderful, they have very nice, shiny coats on this food.

Happy on the price and how my dog does with it

from Troy, MI

I'm not a dog expert. Just because I have a dog I couldn't tell you why it does certain things..espcially the things I don't care for. Lucky for me, my dog loves this dog food. When I got her from the pound they gave me all kinds of advice of try this and that type of dog food. Honestly of the 5 other types I tried the dog would get sick, have the runs or wouldn't eat much of it. A co-worker of mine who's had dogs their whole life mentioned that Natural Choice was something she had used with her dogs for years and her vet had recommended it. When I asked my vet about my dogs food isues they tried to sell me a special diet canned food which was more expensive than I wanted to pay. I like my dog but its not like I'm going to pay more for their meals than some of mine :-)

So I picked up a bag of this from the pet store. They had it on sale and sometimes they have bags from the manufacture that have an extra 10 percent in there....always a pus and goes a lttle bit further in the budget.

my dog loves it. No more digestive issues, carpets to clean and her energy is great. Its the only dog food I'll get for her. Every so often I'll mix in a can of the natural choice canned food with this for special treats. Great value !