Other Dog Foods:

Nutro Max Dog Food

Pros

Cons

My dogs love Nutro MAX

As a relatively new pet owner I had no idea how choices in dog food could affect the health, well-being, and appearance of your pet.  I have two dogs, one lab/chow mix and a small terrier mix.  Before being introduced to Nutro foods, I tried two other well known foods because they were available in my local grocery store and they were reasonably priced.  But the problem was that my dogs would eat through huge bags of dog food so quickly!  I always found myself running back to the grocery store for food.  Finally, while working with pet training staff at a Pet Store I asked a trainer who I liked and respected very much, to recommend a food for my dogs.  Nutro Max has been our dog food of choice ever since.  It is ideal for both my big dog and my small one.  They don't need huge amounts of it to get full, so I only buy 1 large bag a month.  The dogs LOVE it too.  And the food is not bone dry and crumbly like my previous brands were.  I can see why my dogs enjoy Nutro Max.  The look, smell, and texture of the food is superior to other brands.  Now my dogs are shinier and they poop WAY less.  Nutro is not one of those more mainsteam foods that is available in my local grocery store, but that's fine with me!  I find it well worth the trip to a pet store to get my dogs their Nutro Max.

Nutro Max should be called "Nutro Sux".

My dogs refuse to eat Nutro Max. Flat out refuse to eat it.

My dogs refuse to eat Nutro Max. Flat out refuse to eat it.

You know the line of thought that says "they just need to get used to it, I've never seen a dog starve themselves to death rather than eat their food?"  Yeah, well mine definitely tried to starve themselves to death.

I don't know what it is about Nutro Max that they despise.  When I opened the bag, I wasn't struck with feelings of "Oh wow, that looks yummy!", but then again I have seen what else they like to pick up off the ground and eat- it never strikes me as yummy.We bought this food because we'd heard some good recommendations and had bought in to the "Purina and Pedigree are crap and your dogs will feel terrible and look terrible" line that the higher end feeds like to shove down your throat.   I mixed this feed in with the Purina to transition the dogs and noticed after several days they were picking out the Purina and refusing the Nutro.  We stopped giving treats and they still wouldn't eat the nutro.  We added in some chicken broth- they still wouldn't eat it.

The two dogs basically ate just enough food (and supplemented it with bugs and domestic rabbit poo from outside) to survive.  Once the bag was done, we swore we'd never buy Nutro again.

Smells like a fish aquarium

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

We tried this brand of dog food, and the dogs ate it just fine, but us humans have a hard time getting past the nasty smell. It smells like a fish aquarium that needs to be cleaned. Thant's my only complaint but its a big one.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients seem like they are higher quality than the cheaper brands of dog food

Flavor Selection
There was a wide variety of flavors for all different ages of dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

My dogs have never had anything else

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

I have a miniature pinscher and a miniature rat terrier and these two spoiled little dogs have never had anything else but Nutro Max dog food to eat. Nutro Max dog food is a bit pricier than other dog foods on the market but I only want the best for these two. My two little dogs has never has an issue with eating Nutro Max dog food. I have never seen them throwing up or having any other stomach issues. However, in the past few years, my little miniature pinscher has put on a little bit of weight so I switched them over to Nutro Max Weight Control. The only thing that I can say bad about the Nutro Max Weight Control is that my miniature pinscher has not really lost any weight. I do wish that they had other flavors in the Nutro Max Weight Control so that I can switch things up for my dogs from time to time. I really like that the bites are not too big so that I would end up having to clean up a bunch of crumbs everyday.

• Flavor Selection:

Nutro Max makes our petting zoo happy!

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

My three dogs are all different personalities but all 3 love Nutro Max . I have one big ol' yellow lab, one golden and one Heinz 57. I feed them only Nutro Max. Since switching about a year ago, I have noticed that their coats seem to be fuller. They are also less inclined to beg at us for treats as the day goes by. I have read that Nutro Max is great for the digestive system. I can't say for certain about that but let's just say that my yard is a bit less unpleasant to clean up these days than it used to be. I use the one for Large Breed dogs even though two of my dogs would probably fall into the medium category. It's pretty clear that this is actually a premium price but it has seemed to me to be worth it. In the past I have used Iams, Purina One, Regular Purina Dog Chow and others which have fallen out of brain. Even though the dogs have been pretty open to eating whatever is there (they are dogs after all), I have just felt better about it since trying this brand. The extra cost isn't that much when you consider the benefits they appear to be getting.

The food for life

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

Nutro Max dog food is a great brand of food for your dog. I was recommended to this food and both me and my two dogs have loved it every since. The great thing about this food is that they do not use the bi-products in it, that some of the other dog foods do. It is made with all natural foods and is specially formulated with all the nutrients that my two family members need. It has made them use the outside a lot less and they have even cut down on there portions. Since feeding my family there new food their coats of fur have become lighter and much more soft to the touch.I would definitely recommend this Nutro Max dog food to any person who owns or is thinking of owning a great companion.

Quality of Ingredients
This food has only the finest of ingredients that you and your dog can both appreciate. The quality is awesome!

Flavor Selection
My dogs seem to love any of the flavors I have gotten them but they do only carry a few flavors in this name brand of food.

we love this product!

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

We have two large breed dogs in our home, and after a bad experience with a widely used "name" brand my family heard thru a friend about Nutro max. Our family (dogs included of course) absolutely love this brand! First when we were using a grocery store brand ( Iams ) our dogs fur was coarse and their energy levels were generally low. They also seemed to be hungry alot more frequently and used the rest room alot more as well. I also noticed that the tended to drink alot more water. Once i made the switch, all of the issues i was having disappeared! Obviously food makes a world of difference in your pets health. I will say i wasn't expecting such a quick change! Their fur is now soft and silky, they have alot more energy, they're not hungry as much, There not guzzling water all the time, nor are they rushing to use the restroom constantly,and i believe their quality of life is better because of Nutro Max. Needless to say we are most certainly a Nutro family and we will never stray away from are favorite brand!

• Flavor Selection:

great value dogfood if you dont like cleaning the yard!

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

I first tried this dog food 22 yrs ago! I had 2 husky's and like any big dog they came with big presents! I don't need to elaborate on that I'm sure lol. We live in Arizona and during the summer flies can be terrible, We lived in a townhouse with a very small green area and low income But a friend who raised Dobermans said we needed to try this food. I was tired of flies coming in from outside and quite honestly tired of the presents every time i turned around. So I tried this food, Amazing, the dogs loved it, and their presents seemed to be gone. This food actually had them burn the fuel not expell it like the cheaper foods. We found they pooped alot less than they did on a regular dog food and ate les,s because it was filling and they were burning the food up instead of it all going to waste. I noticed the flies went away and the dogs seemed happier and healthier and their coats were amazing!. Even though it seemed a little high priced we stayed on it because living in such a small yard it was a life saver. I got to the point where I switched my dogs to Nutro max every summer and their other dog food every winter,

• Flavor Selection:

My Yorkie loves this food!

from Winter Park, FL

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

My yorkie has eaten this dog food since puppyhood.  He loves it all.  I give him canned food in the morning and dry food at night.  He eats it all up everytime.  The dental food is amazing!  Try it all.  You dog will love it too!

Best Dog Food - worth every penny!

from Walnut, CA

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

My dogs are super picky but they seem to love Nutro Max .  I have 2 beautiful Siberian Huskies and was told by my breeder to feed them only Nutro Max.  I noticed that their coat is shinier than other huskies. They are also bigger than other huskies and other owners we see on the street always ask us what dog food we give our dogs.  I was told that Nutro Max also is better for their digestive system and since they can digest the food better, they have good solid poop and not runny and all over the place.  I have tried other Nutro Max flavors of dog food and they seem to like all of them too. The one for Large Breed dogs has the vitamins for their joints. I started feeding them the Large Breed Puppy food from Nutro Max straight from the breeders and have never had any problems with the dogs eating all their food.  It may cost more than some store bought brands but definitely I believe it is worth it to keep them healthy!

On Max a lifetime

from Troy, ME

Comments about Nutro Max Dog Food:

This is an excellent quality dog food.  You can be sure your pet is getting balanced nutrition from it.  My dog loves the kibble size and I've fed her large breed since she was a pup.  She's a terrier mix and is very healthy and muscular.  I add pan drippings to her food to change it up a bit.  Scrambled egg scraps and bacon grease work well.

My dogs love Nutro MAX