4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

The awsome mill to grind your own grains!

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

The only draw back I have with the nutrimill is that I grow my own dry/Indian corn and the kernels are bigger than popcorn, so it is harder to get them to feed into the mill.

Power
I have ground different grains, popcorn, dry/Indian corn, as well as some beans. It is nice to have such a powerful machine to do such a good job with the things that I grow myself as well as what I use to make my own food from scratch. I also used this to grind some soybeans for fertilizer in the garden where there was a nutrient deficiency. It was an awesome thing to have it available to use the nutrimill for this.

Safety
Everything seems safe to use. I don't see any way that someone could get hurt using this product.

Ease of Assembly
This is a different set-up than other grinders, it took me a minute the first time around. Since then it has been a breeze. It's nice because I can ask my daughter to prepare some flour, and she can do so with ease.

Sometimes it is not always as neat to make sure all the flour is cleaned up when taking it from the catch container into my flour container for the panty. The nutrimill does clean or wipe up easily, and that is nice.

The lid for the top is the only thing that does not seem as durable. It doesn't stay in place in a stable manner; it seems a slight bit to floppy. That would be something that I would like to see improved, but the rest seems to be like it would last a good long while.

LOVE my Nutrimill!

from Tenino, WA

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I have had my Nutrimill Grain Mill for probably eight years. I love it! I love that it comes apart so that I can fit it in my cabinet drawers and don't have to keep it on a counter. I love that it can grind various grains (though I mostly do wheat) and that you have a wide range of courseness from quite fine to more of a cracked wheat. And I really like that I can put in over 8 cups of wheat, and the container holds the resulting 12+ cups of flour. I make bread all the time for my family of 8 and it really gets a workout. It is loud, though certainly not as loud as many mills I've heard. And it doesn't travel across the counter with vibrations like some I've seen.

Ease of Assembly
Just a few parts that all easily fit together and then come back apart to store.

I've never done anything except wipe it off/out. There is a small cup-like container on the underside of the lid for the flour bowl that holds very fine flour that goes through a filter. I'm not completely sure what the point of that is.

I've ground wheat, barley, brown rice, and other similar grains and made hundreds of loaves of bread for my family over the last eight years or so and never had any problems with it.

Gives great fresh grain!

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I have owned a Nutrimill Grain Mill for a little over two years now. After reading many other reviews, I settled on this brand grain mill, and I am glad that I did. It is extremely easy to use...as easy as turning a knob! Very user friendly! It works quickly and does a thorough job of grinding wheat berries. I have tried it only with wheat berries, and not with other types of grain. It is a little bit bulky and large to store, and if you are not careful about lining up the collection container you'll have a mess on your hands. It is easy to empty out and clean. It does not overheat, and it is only mildly loud. The unit is heavy and durable, the design is simple. It seems quite safe and incredibly powerful. It was a big investment up front, but it is well worth the investment for the money it saves and for the durability of the machine. I recommend the Nutrimill Grain Mill as a very good product!

• Ease of Assembly:

Works awesome, love the results and very easy to use!

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I had been wanting one of these for a long time. Overall this product is fantastic! It really does a great job and is very easy to use. I like the variety of grains that I can use and how fast I am able to make my own flour. It is not to large for me to store in one of my bottom cupboards when not in use or it even will fit under my top cupboards on the counter. The only downside I have found is that it can be quite loud when turned on.

Power
Seems to have a very strong motor and is very good quality, also has a warranty come with it.

Safety
I feel like it is built well and the instructions are very clear about how to safely use the nutrimill. Like for example, whenever adjusting the mill knob always unplug it, so that it could not get turned on somehow.

Ease of Assembly
very easy to put together. It does have alot of parts though, I would saym

Very easy to clean, just a little time consuming.

Built very well,good quality. Parts are sturdy.

Love this Grain Mill!

from Kingfisher, OK

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

This has been a great grain mill for our family use. In trying to produce better and healthier foods at home this was one product I really wanted to purchase. As it is a rather expensive one, I did quite a lot of research before my purchase. This grain mill does not disappoint! It does a great job of producing quality flour with no dust flying in the air (big importance as I have asthma). I am able to use this flour in place of any in a recipe--and no one knows it is ground at home!!

Power
This machine is really amazing. I put eight cups of hard white winter wheat in the top. It has no problem putting these berries through the machine and grinding them into powder(flour.)

Safety
The electric plug goes back into the machine. There is no way to get any thing caught in this machine. Perfect safety set-up.

Ease of Assembly
Basically there is no assembly required except for putting on the cup in the flour container and adding on the extension at the top.

The only downside to this machine is that it is not easy to clean--but no grain mill is going to be.

I have been using this machine for a year and a half on a regular basis. I have had absolutely no problems with it at all.

good grain grinder

from Houston, TX

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

We are happy with this grinder. We use it 1-2 times a week, and it has always worked without any problems. It has never leaked or not worked. It grinds the grain very uniform. It is very loud, but it is only on for a few minutes, so we just deal with the noise for that short time.

• Ease of Assembly:

You have got to have a Nutrimill!

from Sanger, TX

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I love the Nutrimill. I purchased it a couple months ago and love being able to have fresh ground flour at any given moment. It is simple to use and easy to clean. If you want healthier alternative to store bought flour- this is the best. In minutes have fresh whole wheat flour with all the nutrients stilll in it, unlinke store bought even whole wheat flour.Make your own fresh bread, rolls and more. My fams favorite are the whole wheat muffins of various flavors we have been making. The Nutrimill exceeded my expectations and I can' timagine going a week with out it!

Fantastic Grain Mill

from Provo, UT

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

The Nutrimill Grain Mill is truly amazing. It grinds wheat so easily and isn't as ear-splitting as other mills. I had to be careful about the noise level because my husband seems to have very sensitive ears to high-pitched noises. It does make noise because it is milling grain, but it isn't as loud as other mills.

When I first used it, I expected it to take a long time to mill (please note that I haven't ever owned one before). I was surprised when it was finished and I am sure it had been finished for a long time before I stopped it. The flour that comes out is so fine and delicious. I use my mill at least once a week to make delicious bagels for my family. It is a great way to use grain you may already have or possibly want to start getting. As a dietetic technician, registered and having graduated in Dietetics, I know the importance of having whole grain. This mill was a huge step in getting my family to eat more healthy. I love it and I can't wait to use it to make corn meal. It really is wonderful.

I love my Nutrimill

from Denton, TX

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I've had a Nutrimill for about three years, and I love it. Hands-down, it's one of my favorite kitchen appliances. In fact, we recently went on a 5 week vacation, and I took it with me. We couldn't bear the thought of eating store-bought bread the whole time, and learning how to make white bread with store-bought flour didn't seem like a good option, either, so we loaded the Nutrimill a few gallons of wheat berries into the car.

It's very fast. When I grind enough wheat for two loaves of bread, it takes about two or three minutes. Even when I make six loaves of bread, it just takes a little over five minutes. And because the combination of using fresh-ground flour plus instant yeast makes bread making so fast, it ends up being faster to grind my own wheat for bread than if I were using store-bought flour.

With fresh ground flour, there's none of the bitterness that's usually in whole wheat flour you buy at the store. I make loaves of bread with 100% whole wheat, and everyone loves it--even people who are used to eating white bread. I make all of my pancakes, muffins, cookies, etc. with whole wheat flour.

Love my Nutrimill

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Nutrimill Grain Mill:

I have had my nutrimill for almost a year and absolutely love it. I like the size of it. It fits perfectly on my countertop underneath the cabinets. It grinds and holds a lot of flour and you can set how fine or coarse you would like your flour to be.The only thing I do not like is that it doesn't have an automatic shut off. You have to keep an eye on it to turn it off when it is finished grinding. Other than that I would recommened this grinder if you would like to have flesh flour at you fingertips.