Other Solid Feedings:
Nuby
Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper

Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper

Good easy to use cup.

I started using this cup with my son after trying many different kinds. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy my son adjusted to using it. It only took him a few trys to get the hang of it. I do find it can be some what difficult to get the clear section to sit right in the colored ring. Once you get the hang of it is not that hard. The only other problem I have had is that straw can come lose inside the cup. My son tosses his cup all time and it can sometimes become seperated which can be annoying. I love the price point of the cup. It is very affordable. I don't feel horrible if it gets left behind. I like the way the cup is designed. It fits perfectly in my little ones hand. It is very easy for him to use one handed. I also appreciate that there is a good amount of flexiability in the straw. Which makes for easier use. The cup if at the right angle can drip a bit but nothing major. Over all though I really do like this cup.

Okay transition cup

I am in the process of switching my daughter from the bottle to a sippy sup. I bought one of these thinking the long tube would be an easier transition for her since it looks like a bottle nipple.  She seemes to have thought the same thing, but for some reason hasn't quite taken to this cup as much as some of the others we have tried.  I think that overall this is a good cup.  The Pros are that it mimics a bottle nipple, they're pretty inexpensive, and fairly easy to clean.  Cons are that they hold a lot of liquid, so I imagine they're bulky to hang on to when full, they leak a little, and they don't seem to have replacement tops, so you have to buy a whole new cup. Also, my baby is teething, and the straw doesn't seem to be fairing so well against her chompers, so I'm not sure this cup would last long anyways.  if you're looking for a transition cup, definitely give this one a shot.  I would have rated it higher if my baby took to it, but yours might love it.

Great for temporary use. Impossible to keep clean.

from Covina, CA

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

This product would be great is straw was replaceable.  manufacturer will not send replacement and it is not available in the US for purchase (product is made in Austrailia).  I might or might not purchase new cups.  It seems very wasteful although they were great while they lasted!

Good easy to use cup.

from Manhattan, KS

Okay transition cup

from Sahuarita, AZ

Not that Great

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

A friend of ours had this cup and my son borrowed it and loved it. Well, on her cup the straw was partially inverted, but I figured she just had a bad cup, so I went out and bought my son his own, but the same thing happened. The straw is partially inverted, which doesn't seem to bother my son much. I secretly think the cup takes him back to his good old bottle days, which is why he loves it so much :P Sadly though, I have had to stop using it because of how much it leaks. It's like the plastic straw wasn't built strong enough. I've had problems with the plastic straw piece coming out of the rim and causing the cup to leak. The idea of the cup itself is great, especially for those making the transition from the bottle, I just think that they need to choose a different material. If you do have this cup, you need to really watch out for mold on the straw, which seems to grow more quickly on soft plastic than the hard stuff.

Great when you first buy it.

from Smyrna, DE

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

Maybe I didn't read the instructions and I shouldn't have put the lid in the dishwasher. Either way  it was ripped after first wash. You can't buy replacement tops, so this cup was a complete waste of my money.

A good concept, but not practical in use.

from Norwich, CT

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

When our daughter had trouble getting the hang of a sippy cup we decided to try her out with a straw cup, thinking that because she was exclusively breastfed and didn't take any bottles she had trouble with the shape and mechanism of a traditional sippy.  We went ahead and bought the Nuby sport sipper because it had the widest straw we could find - more like a human nipple, so we thought she would be able to drink from it easier.  Unfortunately, this cup was always just to difficult for her to handle.  It was too tall and too wide for her little hands to even bring to her mouth and she could never tip it enough to get liquid out.  We also had more leaks with this straw cup than with any of the others that we tried.  The concept is a good one and I think that this may be appropriate for older children (who should probably be using an open cup by that point anyway!) but was not effective for our family.

Almost perfect first sport cup.

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

My 6 month old daughter won't drink out of a traditional sippy cup, but she does drink from my glass with a straw. That gave me the idea that perhaps she would like a sports bottle w/ attached straw of her own. Lightweight, BPA-free, durable, spill-proof (with in reason, of course) and easy to clean were all requirements. Nuby's Straw Sports Cup Sipper meet all of those requirements. They are fun to look at, easy for baby to handle, and easy to clean. The sipper falls, and is thrown, and still looks brand new. The only downside is the straw. It is Nuby's No-spill technology and because it's no spill it's a little hard to figure out how to sip the liquid out (you have to squeeze the straw with your mouth while sipping). It took my daughter a couple of days to figure it out herself, but she got it. I wish there was a not so no-spill or even a regular straw if Nuby would sell them to change them out.

the only sippy cup allowed

from Debary, FL

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

Like most moms when it comes to bottles and sippy cup it is a game.  Will my children like this one or not?  In our house we have tried many differnet types of sippy cups until we found the Nuby straw sports sipper.  This sippy cup is not like the others out there.  When they stated that it is non-spill they really mean.  Including when you find the sippy cup upside down in your purse..no spills what-so-ever.  We love this cup and it is the only cup that my children will use.  Even if you try another cup they are asking for the straw cup.   They are very easy to clean and take care.  Because they are not like any other cups on the market where they have a plastic spout that can become chewed on the straw that comes with this cup stays firm and in place and you can not see the bite marks.  Therefore keeping your sippy cup looking new.  I love these cups and totally recommend them to other moms all the time!

Easy to use and kids love it

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

I got the Nuby Straw Sports Cup and my baby loves it. It is not too great for younger than 6 months I say, but it works rather well when your on the go alot. The only drawback is if they bite the straw. At 6-12 months they are steadily getting teeth and chewing things so be careful to watch them with this sippy cup. You may not want to put it in a dishgwasher either. I noticed the one I had tended to develop a small cloudy stain on it that I could not get off after putting it in the dishwasher. Even though it was supposed to be safe for use in it. That does not always mean it will be.

Finally! One my son likes to use.

from Denver, CO

Comments about Nuby Straw Sports Cup Sipper:

Our son never took to the traditional sippy cup or the bottle, maybe that's a problem for most babies who nurse, I'm not sure. We tried lot's of other sippy cups, Platex, Dr. Browns, even other Nuby cups, but this one is the easiest one we found. It is easy for our son to hold with the curved side and light gripping. They hold plenty of fluid without being oversized and too heavy. The biggest thing though is the appeal of the straw. It's a sort of soft gel kind, so it bends easily unlike some of those hard straw or standard sippy cups. Also the straw goes all the way to the bottom so kids don't get frustrated. I think he just has more fun with them. The only real big downfall is the leaking factor. Seems like these leak easily if on their side and make sure you have that lid screwed on tight, especially if you have some kind of vibrant color juice in there. All in all they have been a good purchase. The price was right!