Other Baby Bottles:

Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles

Pros

Cons

Great at helping transition from bottle to sippy cup

We are attempting to transition our daughter to a sippy cup but have been unsuccessful. I found this bottle while I was shopping and thought I would give it a try. First I love the handles. It helps make it easier for the baby hold on. Now the trick is getting her to want to hold her own bottle. I also like that we have no leaks. And even when she tosses it off the highchair it does not get all over my floors. The one I bought came with a sippy cup nipple. I thought that was great! Once I get her trained on holding her own bottle I can switch the nipple and get her used to the sippy cup and then during meals she can have sippy cups and only bottles for her formula. We've been working with this bottle for about 3 weeks now. We are no closure to using a sippy cup. But she is working a little more on holding her own bottle. I think I have a lazy kid and we will get there when she is good and ready. I do like the concept. My only complaint is sometimes it is hard to get the nipple on because of the handles. But that's a mild inconviencance.

Child's Comfort
These were great. Our daughter loved them. She had no problem whatsoever giving up her bottle if she got to use these.

Leak Prevention
It can be hard to get all the pieces to line up, especially if you're in a hurry,.

It was really easy to clean. Very similar to cleaning a bottle.

Keeps Air Out
If you get it together righ tthe air is kept out. If you are rushing and don't line it all up it leaks and air gets in.

The more we used it the looser the top became adn it was easier and easier for it losen up over time.

Not worth my money

I purchased this bottle because I thought it would be easy to take on the go and it had handles so I thought it might help my daughter learn to hold the bottle by herself. It fit well in the diaper bag but when we got to our destination and it was time to feed her, it was a disaster. I put the formula in the bottle and mixed it. I didn't shake it very much or violently but it immediately started to leak! I tried taking the top off and making sure that it was on tightly and checked the nipple to see if it was secure. It appeared to be fine so I wiped all the liquid off and gave it to my daughter to drink and there was a constant drip all over the front of her! I don't know how it was leaking so I had to dump the bottle and luckily I had another regular bottle with me so we used that instead. I figured that if it was leaking that much when I shook it just a little to mix the formula then it sure wouldn't withstand a young child shaking and banging it around! I tried it again with some juice later on and the bottle did the same thing. I even removed the handles just to see if maybe that was keeping the top from screwing on all the way tight but it still leaked. I will not buy another one of these bottles and I would not recommend it either.

I would buy this bottle again!!

from Tampa, FL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• Feeding

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

I love this bottle especially now that my 7 month old is starting to hold his own bottle it helps out alot. There's another plus side to it, it doesn't leak and that is defenitly what we are looking for. We have bought different bottles in the past that said it is leak proof, but when it came down to the test, it failed. I also liked the fact that it came with a regular bottle nipple and also with a sippy cup nipple. I thought it would be hard to wash, but its pretty easy.

Good product.

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

After using Dr.Browns bottles for my son for almost 8 month's I decided to switch to this product, the Nuby Stage 3 Non-Drip baby bottles. They are a transformation from bottle to sippy cup and they are great for showing baby's how to switch. I am happy that I changed to Nuby. I tried many other sippy cups and my son does not want anything to do with any of them except these. I figured he would do well with Dr.Browns sippy cups but they don't work properly which I was surprised since I liked the bottles so much. My only problem with this product is if I don't turn the lid on tight enough it drips, and if I turn it too tight it really drips all over. It's with every single bottle he has. He currently does not use the handles which might be a reason why but I continue using these bottles and am overall happy with them.

Child's Comfort
    He likes holding the bottle, great transition.

Too tight drips.

Keeps Air Out
    He takes in more air, which causes an upset belly.

• Keeps Air Out:

Good at first but not for long

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

I did like the slick design and handle to make it practical and great look for a bab item.My son got his first tooth at 3 months these bottles would last one maybe two feeding until the leaked every wear i need something alot stronger.

Child's Comfort
    My child liked the handles made it easy to grasp, slick design easy for me to just grap out the bag. very nice.

Leak Prevention

Easy to clean but alot of componentce

Keeps Air Out
    my son is a hard sucker but this keep him from getting colic

the bottle it self was very durable however the nipple is not.

• Keeps Air Out:

not what we had hoped for

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

These bottles have been a complete waste. They advertise it as starting at 6 months but my 11 month old still hasn't figured out how to hold or use the bottle. She likes to chew on the nipple which gives her a little bit out of the bottle. She usually just holds one handle and throws the bottle around. The nipple is to hard to bite down to open the hole and the bumps all over the nipple just distract her. We were really excited about trying these bottles but they have been a complete waste of time, effort, and money. We just use them as toys now.

Child's Comfort
    The bumps on the nipple are excessive and distracting for the baby. She just touches them and bites them.

Leak Prevention
    The nipple is strangely hard to bite down and get the hold to open. This does make it so nothing leaks!

The bottle comes apart easily for cleaning and it is dishwasher safe.

Keeps Air Out
    I've never noticed a problem with air but these bottles are also for an older baby so air isn't as much of an issue.

I do like that they are a lightweight but sturdy plastic.

• Keeps Air Out:

Good grow with baby product...

from Florida

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

I was not all that familiar with Nuby products until I started using these bottles. I was surprised not only by the price but the quality of the product, and very much in a good way.
    The design of these is surprisingly simple but attractive. I do like that they come in a variety of colors which is good if you have a older baby who is drinking milk and juice and you color code there different bottles. They are a good bottle for teaching how to hold there own bottle which makes them a great transitional tool for going from a conventional bottle to a silly cup. They are in my opinion designed to grow with the baby.
    Cleaning is simple, they can be tossed right in the dishwasher along with your other dishes however I have found myself cleaning them by hand more than once and it was just as easy as tossing them in the dishwasher.

These are a great product, and have made me want to check out other Nuby products, the prices are good enough for me to try.

LOVE NUBY!

I LOVE NUBY!

This bottle is great. I am a first time mom and I know that when shopping for baby things I should go for the most functional which is why I love this specific bottle. It is BOTH cute and functional. I love the pastel colors that they have which makes it very helpful when choosing for either a boy or a girl. My little one did not really like the handles that the bottles have. But I quickly solved that problem, the handles are removable so I just took them off for him. I nipples on this bottles has a unique design to it. All around the base there are little bumps which I found to be a life saver for my teething baby. He does not like pacifiers or teethers but likes holding his bottle and biting the nipple, he finds it very soothing. The tip of the nipple kind of reminds me of a cup since it sinks in and has an airflow system which seems to not let air in pretty well. I do find that they leak a little if it is upside down and shaken, little one started doing this. Although he is entertained by the little drops I am not. But it is not a stream of milk coming out just a drop or two. Overall I love the bottle colors and the nipple design. It is the only one little one will use now.

Crazy Baby Friendly

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

I am very impressed with this bottle! I got it because i was looking for something with handles my daughter could advance to. I thought she would really enjoy having a new way to hold her drinking vessel and boy was i right! The nipple was surprisingly well made and really lives up to the whole no leak/drip claim. I love to fill one of these bad boys up, put it upright in the bottle pocket of my diaper bag and go, with no worries. Same with handing it to her in the car, because between her bib and this bottle, you are covered! I really like also how brilliant to colors are. Its easy to hand wash, or toss it in the dishwasher. I Tend to do i bit of both, since i know the dishwasher gets it 100% sanitized, and hand washing sometimes gets more of the scummy film out better.

Child's Comfort
    She has fun drinking water now. So much awesome!

Leak Prevention
    As long as you put the nipple on properly aligned, you wont have any problems.

Great bottle/sippy cup combo

from CA

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

I have used these bottles (the wider version) for two of my children and I really like them. My mom actually introduced me to them after she bought one for my older child, so she could hold her own bottle, and it worked great! She started using the handles and could hold her own bottle easily at a very early age. I like the fact that it is a transition bottle and it has an extra sippy cup nipple, along with the option to remove the handle when baby no longer needs it. The only problems I have are the price- they seem a little pricey, but I guess if you consider the fact that you don't need to buy a separate sippy cup later it makes sense; and also, I noticed that the bottle nipple hole started to tear for all of the bottles I have, so the flow would be way too fast for my babies, and most stores do not sell the replacement nipples, so I just don't use them until baby is ready to use the sippy cup nipple only. I do really like the bright colors though, they are much more fun than the pastel newborn bottles, and work well for older babies & toddlers. I never used them during the NB stage, so I can't say how they work for breastfeeding or gas problems, but I know they work great for older babies/toddlers. The variable flow nipple is also great because you don't need to buy separate flow nipples when baby is ready for a faster flow.

Great at helping transition from bottle to sippy cup

from Shakopee, MN

Leak Prevention

It was really easy to clean. Very similar to cleaning a bottle.

• Keeps Air Out:

NUBY Bottles were a great, budget friendly option for our family

from Binghamton, NY

Comments about Nuby 3 Stage Grow Non-Drip Plastic Baby Bottles:

Choosing bottles when preparing for the arrival of my daughter was a daunting decision!  There are so many bottles to choose from in a wide price range and each with their own “unique” characteristics.  A wide mouthed bottle was important to me as I was concerned with nipple confusion as I was planning on nursing.  After a lot of research I chose two different types of bottles with which the base and nipples were interchangeable.  The NUBY wide mouthed bottles were one of the bottles we chose.

I found early on that the variable flow nipples that these bottles came with gave much too strong of a flow of milk for my daughter.  I was able to interchange another brand of nipples with this bottle and ring and still use them.  I was able to make the same substitution with sippy spouts when she got a little older.  The “other” brand of nipples and sippy spouts are made for a much more expensive bottle, so I was glad to be able to use them and buy the replacement pieces to interchange, rather than lots of the expensive bottles.