Other Ice Cream Makers:

Nostalgia Electrics Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker

Great

from Charlotte NC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Quick

Cons

• Custom Flavors

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker:

This machine reminds me of the one we had when I was a little girl coming up in Chicago. My mom made ice cream all the time. Great product.

So Creamy

from Illinois

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker:

I personally bought this after many years of yearning for Gelato. Anyone from the Midwest states could probably confirm this, but for years there were no Gelato venders around the Chicago area. This product, though a bit behind on the technological side of things, gets things done in a very good way.

While it makes incredible icecream for the price, the noises it sometimes emits are atrocious. Had I not known that noises were going to emit from this thing, I'd probably have been much more worried when the grinding started. That being said, the directions are slightly confusing as to what exactly is the moving part.

I've only owned the product six months, but so far so good

Its a lot of hand's on work. While I enjoy cooking and experimenting with food, I feel like this might not be the thing for people that don't want to hover over the maker, or be constantly poking at the ice or remaking batches to get the right mix. I personally enjoy the process, but I know some people just wont like this part of the maker.

Just rinse and wash with mild soap

Capacity
    It is the perfect size for my family to have dessert together. That being said, were a family of three, so the size could be left to be desirable as well if people eat large portions. Even still, I feel like the container is an adequate size

It definitely has that old time feel to it. I don't disapprove of this, but as I move to more modern looking appliances, this thing stands out like a sore thumb. Even still, the remarkable quality to the ice cream eases that eyesore. I just wish they came in less atrocious colors and patterns. I also wish that they had a top that could slide over the canister for leftovers or if you desire a thicker icecream. An idea for the next model, I suppose.

• Capacity: