Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:

Pros

Cons

Quesadillas and other uses

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics 8" Quesadilla Maker:

My sister received this for Christmas to make homemade quesadillas but our entire family ends up using it for more than that! It works very well for individual person quesadillas as long as you do not overfill them. If you do that, everything will spill out and it does end up very messy. It is relatively easy to clean because all you need is a wet cloth. You cannot take off the plates to put in the dishwasher or soak in the sink. It heats up quickly and does a nice job melting cheeses and heating your meats and veggies. It also adds a nice brown top to the tortillas for “authentic” looking quesadillas. We have used this for quick cheese sandwiches and other types of sandwiches as well because it does a nice job of heating the food through. Faster than an oven but not as a fast an in-home grill.

Although I haven't really needed it, It comes with this drip reservoir which would be useful if you were cooking something that was juicy.

Makes perfect and delicious quesadillas!

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics 8" Quesadilla Maker:

I recently received this quesadilla maker for Christmas. I was very excited when I got it, and even more excited after I used it! I love quesadillas however I have always found them difficult to make, even though everyone says it is easy. This quesadilla maker made making quesadillas simple and quick. Also there was no mess!

The quesadilla maker made perfect quesadillas in about two minutes.

The quesadilla makers seems very durable! I know that I will be using it for many years.

This quesadilla maker was beyond easy to clean. All you have to do is wet a dish cloth, whip up the inside of the maker and dry it off. If any of the cheese or toppings fell off on the inside of the quesadilla maker the whip up instantly! There is no scrubbing involved.

This is one of the easiest kitchen appliances I have ever used! All you have to do is turn it on, put your ingredients in, and then close it. Within two to three minutes after you put your ingredients inside you have a meal. It is just as fast as having a microwave meal!

Nice and easy, but just takes up space in our house.

from Woodville, OH

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics 8" Quesadilla Maker:

Like everyone who has a wedding registry, I registered for a bunch of stuff that I did not need. This quesadilla maker was one of them. Although it is nice, and works great, we do not use it enough to justify having it. We break it out every once in a while, but most of the time, it just sits in its box in the back of our cupboard. This is a cool little quesadilla grill, but there is not a whole lot you can do with it except to make quesadillas. Sure the possibilities of quesadillas are endless, but I prefer the grill that I have with different plates better. I can make sandwiches, waffles, quesadillas, whatever all in one piece. I will probably sell this quesadilla maker at a garage sale because of how little I use it and just stick to a 4-in-1 grill that serves more purpose for my household.

This is very easy to clean. You pretty much just have to wipe it clean with a wet rag, and it is good as new.

2 tortillas + cheese = a Meal!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics 8" Quesadilla Maker:

Quesadilla makers are just a great idea to have around your kitchen. This model is a good one. All you need is two tortillas, some cheese, and you have a meal but the party doesn't stop there. So many variations can be made the possibilites are endless. This machine heats evenly and makes cheese ooey gooey. Don't stop at just adding cheese and meat! You can make great desserts also. Start with that same tortilla and add apple pie filling or peanut putter and jelly. The only thing I would improve on this would be to make the hinge on the lid be more like a panini press and come up and down on the quesilla so the quesadilla gets the same browning all over. It still does a great job of making all the ingredients hot.

I have had my quesadilla maker for five years now and it might be better now than ever.

AFTER IT COOLS, wipe the surface off with a damp paper towel. Its a non stick surface and the cheese that may happen to escape comes right off.

Nostalgia Electrics Quesadilla Maker = Quesadillas for dinner!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Nostalgia Electrics 8" Quesadilla Maker:

My family loves the Nostalgia Electrics Quesadilla maker! We received it as a gift from my parents for Christmas, and at first I was a bit perplexed. What in the world would I do with a quesadilla maker? Would I ever use it and enjoy it? The answer is "Yes!"

My family now enjoys "Mexican night" every week. We can make a variety of quesadillas with this maker - cheese, beef, chicken - even pepperoni pizza quesadillas! It makes for a very easy, inexpensive dinner night that can please everyone in the bunch. Each person chooses what they want in their quesadilla and makes it themselves (I do help the little ones as the unit can get hot and you need to use caution when opening it.) Clean-up is easy though you can't immerse the unit in water. Just wipe clean!