4.8

Summary

NordicTrack®

Elite 14.9 Elliptical

Inspiration in High Definition

Battle workout boredom with your favorite shows and movies. The Elite 14.9 elliptical features an integrated high-definition television attached at eye level above the console for the ultimate in training entertainment. Or, go online while you work out with a seven-inch Web-enabled color touchscreen that delivers your favorite news, social media and sports sites. Adjustable stride length and pedals customize your workout experience, while the AutoBreeze fan offers premium comfort. Start your training program sooner with a shorter, easier assembly process that takes less than half the time of traditional elliptical trainers.

NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical

4.8

Pros

Cons

I love this machine.

My college gym recently got a few NordicTrack 14.9 Ellipticals. I have always been a fan of ellipticals because you can get a good workout without absolutely killing yourself. They are also great for those who cannot do strenuous workouts either due to a lot of excess weight, injuries, or age. You also get a really high calorie burn. When I first glanced at these I figured they would be complicated to use, so I almost did not even bother trying it and was going to use my usual elliptical at the gym, instead. I was wrong! This machine is actually easy to use. It looks more intimidating than it is. You can easily change the incline and chose different workouts. The best feature is the screen on the machine! It connects to internet and you can watch your choice of show on it. It makes the workout go by faster and is better than having the TV in front of the wall with the generic boring TV shows on.

I highly recommend this elliptical machine!

Excellent performance.

Comfort
Ellipticals are great when you are looking for a comfortable workout, especially if you have knee problems.

At first glance, you may be intimidated to use this machine, but it is actually easy to use.

These are new at my college gym so I can not really comment on the durability. So far, so good though.

It looks like your average elliptical machine, but the screen on it is great.

I feel like I get a better workout on my treadmill.

I can't entirely hate this machine but I do not love it at all. When I set it and watch the calories burned, I feel like I am getting nowhere fast. I loved my treadmill but I have been buying into all the hype about how elliptical machines can burn more calories faster, give a greater workout, and can be easier to use but none of this seems true for me. I can usually set my treadmill on about 4.5-5 miles per hour at a 5 or 6 incline and I will burn several hundred calories in an hour. With this elliptical, it takes me an hour to burn about one hundred calories. Sometimes I can kick into high gear and burn 150-200 calories but I feel drained from trying to get there. With my treadmill, I can run and run fast at an incline and I feel like I am putting in a lot of effort. The elliptical doesn't feel like I'm using enough energy to do anything and thus I am not burning enough calories. I don't really hate it because it is a bit different and exciting to do something a little different from my treadmill runs, however, it isn't my go to machine and I wish we had invested money in something I would use more such as a good leg machine or good weight bag.

I feel like I have to hit it harder than anything else because it doesn't work me out hard enough. I don't burn enough calories.

Comfort
It's comfortable if I'm in the mood for slow but if I want fast, I feel like I can give it all I got and it just gets me nowhere.

It's easy to use, all you do is bend and move forward and pretend you're walking or stair climbing.

It seems durable.

I hate the design. I feel like I am on a 21 speed bicycle and stuck in first gear on the first speed setting. It's like peddling with everything you have but you can't put any weight or muscle into it.

Solid Machine

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

The Nordic Track Elite Elliptical is one of the more solid models made by Nordic Track. What you get is a gym quality unit with several beneficial features. The digital board allows the user to set up to eight different levels of resistance, as well as take part in various programs that set goals for you to overcome.
The screen its self is rather easy to navigate and most users will not have any issues finding their way. The board lights up and the letters are good sized, which makes reading the screens very easy.
The model as a whole is very easy to set up, and is fairly light. This makes it easy to move around when needed.
I have been using this unit for almost a year now, and it has yet to show any signs of fault or wear.
Overall this is a solid unit and I would recommend it to anyone who is shopping for a new elliptical for their home gym.

Performs well, and doesn't struggle; even on advanced settings.

• Comfort:

I feel like I get a better workout on my treadmill.

from West Virginia

It seems durable.

• Comfort:

Nice work out on this Eliptical

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

Very easy to use and it gives you a great work out of your entire body. As soon as you get on it and begin the work out you can feel it using your muscles

This machine had a smooth performance and I could feel it using muscles I hadn't felt before! My legs and arms were used in a smooth performance but I could feel the tension as I did the work out.

Comfort
The work out I used was not a hard one but a slow and easy one to work up to a harder one. I could feel it mostly in my legs but I could also feel it in my shoulders and arms, but it wasent a hurtful feeling.

You can make the Eliptical go as slow or as fast as you want it, and build up to a harder work out In my opinion this makes it easier to build up to heavier speeds with out getting a huge work out the first time and not getting worn out.

This is a tough machine as it's been used for the last 6 years and is still going strong!

The foot pedals could of been a bit smaller but other than that it's great machine and easy to use!

A gift that gives back

from Texas

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

We decided to give the family a gift that we could all use this year and thus far it has been a big hit. Our teens were wanting to "join a gym" as a family but I could see that we would never get there at the same time and we would spend a lot of wasted time running this one and that one to the gym, and that didn't count the costly gasoline that we would be using. We came up with our own substitute and love it. It is the Nortic Track Elite. 14.9 Ellipical 23944 unit and for us it is perfect.

Most people would talk about the great workout but for the non-exercise person let me say, I actually like it. It comes with a flat screen TV. You can watch movies and television while you work out and get this it has a seven inch web enabled color touchscreen so i can go online and see news, or better yet check out a favorite social media site. For those who likes sports, you'll love working out with this to pass the time.

Comfort
My biggest objection to exercise is boring and never finding time well those two objections just went out the window when you have one of these. We ended up having to schedule everyone as it seemed someone was always waiting there time.

I think that depends on how comfortable you are with electronics. This is a all in one entertainment center plus top of the line exercise machine. I love using it but haven't a clue how I would figure it out if it wasn't for the kids.

I base the durability on the Sears- Kenmore's Name and reputation. They have always stood behind their products and we got a great price from them that includes delivery.

This thing is big and seems to have grown when we got it set up. It took some work to make room for it and we ended up having to do some rearranging but if we use it after the new wears off it is cheaper than a gym membership, no travel time to get there and it is fun to use.

It's More Than Just a Treadmill

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

Last year one of the greatest birthday gifts I could have bought myself is this high performance treadmill. After the birth of my last child I needed a workout that was convenient and affective. Because the weather was cold, I could still walk or run indoors. I enjoy the fact that I am able to set speeds at any level I choose.

I've never seen a treadmill like this. I listen to music while I am working out. I even watch television and check my emails because of the internet access. There are 38 workout apps with a 15 inch touch screen.

The price is high but I saved 900.00 because I purchased it on sale at Sears. I paid about 1800.00 for it but with the lifetime warranty on the frame and motor it's worth it. This was an investment that was well worth the money.

The fact that the treadmill is easy gliding without a lot of noise is a plus. The treadmill is comfortable to workout on and each workout builds and strengthens leg muscles and offers a cardio workout at the same time.

Great elliptical machine!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

My gym just replaced a couple of cross training machines with the NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical and it is my new favorite cardio machine. This elliptical is extremely sturdy. There is no side to side wobble or flimsiness to the paddles. I find the stride of this machine to be very smooth and the distance between each stride is perfect. It provides a nice stretch that doesn't disrupt my natural movement, but it still challenges my hips flexors. I find the different incline settings to be challenging and does an excellent job of providing an intense workout with the proper resistance. I have only used the television monitor a couple of times and found the screen to be slightly above average, but watching a 30 minute show makes my cardio session go by quickly. I mainly stick to
using the touch screen during my workout. The web browser on this elliptical is more than adequate for basic browsing. I have programmed many cardio sessions to hike several different trails from around the world through the touch screen interface. I would definitely recommend the NordicTrack Elite 14.8 Elliptical.

I love this machine.

from Kansas

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

I highly recommend this elliptical machine!

Excellent performance.

Comfort

It looks like your average elliptical machine, but the screen on it is great.

love this!

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

This elliptical blew me away and got me in better shape in what seemed like no time at all. I have always preferred ellipticals and treadmills over other kinds of excersize machines. This elliptical in particular is targeted for those who are trying to achieve more definition in their muscles while getting in the physical shape that they desire. This machine has so many easy to use, convenient settings on it, so it will most assuredly give you the desired results that you have been looking for. Overall, I would have to give this machine a ten out of ten rating, because it is rather affordable, and very durable.

This excersize machine outperforms any other elliptical that I have ever owned. It really impressed me.

Comfort
The set up of this product makes it to where you feel very comfortable while using it. There is a decent amount of cushioning on it where you would need it the most.

This is a very easy machine to use. It also comes with a manual, just in case you might need to refer back to it.

This is a very durable machine.

I love the design of this proudct. It is made perfectly for a fitness lover.

This machine is great!

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

Overall I love this machine! I purchased it because it was on sale and I was looking for a machine I could put in my house so I would work out more. I hated going to the gym and thought if I put an elliptical in my house I would have no more excuses. This machine wasn't my first choice in elliptical, but i am so happy I bought it.

Performs great! The action of using the machine is nice and smooth.

Comfort
The machine is very comfortable to use. I wish the stride was a little longer, but I'm also a tall person, so maybe if I was shorter I'd be happier. The handles are well placed so I feel secure while using the machine.

Super easy to use! Hope on the machine, make sure it's on, and get going! If you have ever used an elliptical before you can figure out how to get going on this machine.

I would say that the machine is pretty durable. I haven't used it for super long. I will say that it seems like it is very built and great quality. I think it will last for a good long time.

What can you really say about design? It looks like all other ellipticals, I guess it could be uglier, so that's a plus?

• Comfort:

Great elliptical! Very high-tech.

Comments about NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical:

I currently use NordicTrack Elite 14.9 Elliptical three times a week. I have been using this particular elliptical for almost half a year and so far I have no complaints. It is a very high tech elliptical and has many neat advantages over other ellipticals. I am usually not on the elliptical long enough to watch a full show but it is always nice to be able to watch a TV that is close instead of one on a wall and up high. This elliptical also offers iFit and built in wifi to connect to your iPhone or iPod. The cost of this elliptical is pretty high but if it is something that someone can afford I would definitely recommend buying it.

The performance is overall really good. It has never let me down in any way.

Comfort
The comfort is very nice and it's a sturdy elliptical.

It is a bit confusing at first with all of the buttons on it but after a week or so I could find my way around pretty easily.

It has been a very durable product overall.

The design is very high-tech and great overall.