3.9
Other Elliptical Machines:
Nordic Track elliptical

Nordic Track elliptical

3.9

Nordic Track makes a great elliptical!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

I got my Nordic Track elliptical machine about a year ago. It is wonderful to have at home so I can just workout whenever I want. It has three different stride lengths so my husband and I could both use it comfortably. Mine is a space saver model which is wonderful since we don't have a lot of extra space in our home. i would highly recommend getting a space saver model. I absolutely love the iFit plug in. I got one of the Jillian Michaels iFit disks and it is a great workout. The machine itself also comes with different workouts that you can do. It's very easy to use. Now for the things I'm not so fond of. My machine squeaks when I use the arm exercisers and when I go too fast the wheel makes a whirring noise. However, these things do not affect my work out and are minor annoyances. All in all it's a great machine. It is very boring, but listen to music or watch some TV and the time will fly by much more quickly.

• Comfort:

great results but super boring

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

the nordic track elliptical is a great investment and the results are great - however, it will squeak like hell and get really boring after awhile.  Make sure you put it in front of a tv when something exciting is on.  More than a half hour a day - you'll see results as long as you break a sweat.

Best at-home exercise equipment I've ever used.

from Carolina Beach, NC

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

I purchased a Nordic Track elliptical machine four years ago and have never had a minute of problems with it.  It has been moved 3 times and is no worse for wear.  My only complaint is that it is big and bulky-not a space saver.  Newer models have inputs for iPods, but this one can link to iFit so you can upload workouts online.

My Nordic Track elliptical is awesome!

from American Fork, UT

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

My neighbor was moving and decided to sell her Nordic Track Elliptical.  My husband decided to buy it.  My first thought was... Oh great another piece of equipment that is going to take up space in my basement and collect dust.  However, after he set it up I decided to try it out.  I love it!!!  It is easy to use and does a great job of burning those calories.  We now have 3 Nordic tract items and you can't go wrong with them.  They are built well and last a long time.  Our first purchase was made almost 20 years ago and it is still going strong.

Nordic Track CX 1055 treat it right, it'll treat you right!

from Aurora, OR

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

I was worried that making a major purchase in the home fitness category would result in having a brand new, very expensive shelf for clean clothes, lost left socks and car keys.  I'm pleasantly surprised!  It's been three years, and the Nordic Track CX 1055 Elliptical definetly  has been used more than it hasn't.  We keep ours in the garage, so it tends to accumulate dust and dirt more than normal, I think, and it can be a big chore to clean.  That being said - the thing is **stable**, doesn't feel cheap and weak like so many home fitness systems seem to feel.  The built in fan is genius - having THREE levels!  The heart rate monitor lets you know your heart rate, plus your carb burn, and calorie burn.  The built in programs vary in difficulty and time spent - which makes tailoring your workout incredably easy.  I'm so happy with this purchase I can hardly describe it.  As with any big purchase though, don't complain unless you maintain it to protect it.  WD40, and wiping it down to prevent built up of dirt and dust are musts for this one... plus a smile and a willingness to sweat!  Have fun!

Nordic Track is high quality!

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

I workout on my NordicTrack Elliptical at least 2-3 times per week. I use it in conjuction with DVDS. It's easy on my knees and gets the heart pumping. I would compare it with light to moderate jogging at the easiest level- without the jarring of the knees of course.

almost gym quality!

from Sonoma, CA

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

We purchased a Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical from Nordic Track. It has a built in fan, various exercise programs, an automatic ramp and resistance.

It's a great work out in your living room.

The only thing I wish we had done differently is to purchase the one that you can store away.

Also, DON'T use Nordic Track's financing. They will jack your interest rate like crazy.

I didn't kill it yet!

from El Cajon, CA

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

Un the past, I have been known to use my exercise machines to death.  This one could not be destroyed by extended use!  It does have its creaks, and needs lubrication now and then, but all in all, it is a terrific machine.  It is the closest to a gym model found so far.

I'd get the space saver model

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Nordic Track elliptical:

I bought the "audio strider 600"  in May '07.  I chose this model because it can fold up and reduce its size and felt like a sturdy elliptical.  I have been happy with it for the most part.  The piece that connects the back wheel with the foot pedal has broken on both sides.  I don't know if it's from excessive usage or just a weak part.  Both times the replacement parts were shipped fairly quickly and fairly easy to replace.  A tech was scheduled to come out to do the reassemble, but my husband did it before the appointment.  The battery compartment is not in the most convenient place either.  All in all I love riding the elliptical and am happy with it.