Other Smartphones:

Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone

Pros

Cons

Wow, I am amazed!!

Okay, I've had this phone all of 2 days, so am still figuring it out. So far I'm pretty impressed. Pros: Easy navigation, personal customization, speed, storage. Love that it can really be utilized for business purposes. I have a simple service provider in Metro pcs, yet my calls are never dropped, I have quality reception in a rural area. I have heard negatives about both battery life & sound/picture quality, I've got to say, coming from a regular smartphone, I have found the Nokia Lumia to be superior in all three categories. So far I only have one con, but it's kind of a biggy these days, There is no Swipe capabilities on this keyboard! Great predict-a-text though, so I guess it's really a trade off. Wish it had both though!

Display/Screen Quality
This screen is bright & beautiful. Saw some people dissappointed in it's light quality, I found it easy to adjust for comfort in the settings.

Call Quality
I am very pleased with the call quality. I was worried that this phone might have traded brains for phone functionality...I was wrong.

So far so good. As with any new to you system I am getting lost or downloading things I don't need. I love that this phone has an internal Help function for advice and instructions on pretty much every subject related to use.

I can't say with certianty yet as phone is new to me. I can say that it's design definitely calls for a protective case.

This phone has a 4 inch screen size, which is just right for me. Any larger is cumbersome. Any smaller is too small to comfortably touch without a stylus. I am always concerned about this feature as I keep my nails long and do know the pain of not being able to text for beauties sake. The phone is sleek and stylish.

okay product

I had this product for about a month. It definitely wasn't my favorite out of the phones I've had.

Battery Life
Battery life is okay. Mostly it depends on how...Read complete review

Battery Life
Battery life is okay. Mostly it depends on how much you're on your phone and what apps you're using. I didn't care for this phone so much so the battery could last me all day. I usually just let it charge overnight no matter what.

Display/Screen Quality
Display quality is great. Very clear, never had any issues with it while I had it.

Call Quality
My experience with calls were always fine from what I recall. Calls were clear and also never had a dropped call. My service was tmobile prepaid.

I think this phone is very easy to use and that's part of what makes it so BORING. You can pretty much explore everything the phone does in half an hour.

The phone is thin, but not cheap. I would definitely recommend a case. I'd also be careful taking off the back if you need to insert or remove a sim card or the battery. The back is the only part that seems a little less durable. Not extremely easy to remove but still easy enough.

I like the design of the phone in the way its built. Thin and large screen. Overall with windows phone and the way it operates, I am not a fan of.

Nokia Lumia 521 Review

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

Great phone at a amazingly affordable price!

Battery Life
This phone has a relatively good battery life during normal usage. With Wifi on constantly, it lasts for about a day and a half. Though, certain apps such as more sophisticated games or video watching may drain the battery relatively quickly.

Display/Screen Quality
The display/screen quality is nice. There is a pretty decent auto brightness adjustment function.

Call Quality
Call quality varies depending on what mode it is on. The wifi calling option though wonderful, may be shakey at times despite strong wifi signal.

The Windows 8 opertaing system allows for a relatively simplistic user interface. Everything is pretty straightforward.

So far, I have not encountered any problems with the phone despite a couple of apps crashing upon resuming from a locked screen.

This phone has a really slick design that makes it comparable to any iphones.

okay product

Nokia Lumia 521 windows smartphone

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

Overall this is a great phone. This is my first ever smartphone and was surprisingly easy to figure out just by playing around on it. My only complaint is the camera is horrible, takes really grainy out of focus pictures.

Battery Life
Battery does not stay charged as long as I would think on a smartphone. I don't even use it every day and it is in sleep mode most of the time but every day I have to plug it in for an hour or so so I'm not woken up by the dead battery beep.

Display/Screen Quality
Great display screen and quality. Videos look great playing on the screen. Volume is also very good.

Call Quality
Depending on where you are and if you are in a good reception spot or not, call quality is pretty clear. I've yet to drop a call on this phone, but that of course is because of my carrier and towers in my area not the phone itself.

Surprisingly easy to use, I figured it out just by playing around on it.

It's kid durable!! My 2 year old watches cartoons on it when we're out to keep her quiet and has rough as she is it's still in perfect condition.

It's a nice phone, thin, lightweight, and overall attractive.

• Call Quality:

This product is not at all what I expected, wouldn't recommend.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

Slow, defective, terrible coverage. This phone has froze on me on many occasions, it dies fast and once you plug it up takes forever to even come back on. The volume is very low and so is the brightness even on the highest settings, as well as the face that there is no front facing camera.

Wow, I am amazed!!

• Call Quality:

Sturdy phone that handles almost everything well.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

The device works very well with the Windows Phone 8 platform and it is very sturdy overall. Windows Phone 8 provides an intuitive experience that synchronizes all of one's digital life onto one device. The only downsides to it is the lack of a flash on the camera and a lack of ram for multitasking.

Battery Life
The device gets you through the day easily if and only if you put it on battery saver mode.

Display/Screen Quality
The display is nice and crisp for the price point but it could be better if it had a 720P screen at least.

Call Quality
The device works great with T-mobile's HD calling service to provide calls that are very loud and clear.

The Windows Phone experience is easy to use for just about anyone who has basic knowledge of smartphone operation.

This is the device's greatest selling point as I have dropped several times and it still doesn't even have a scratch.

The phone feels sturdy and is nice to look at.

• Call Quality:

Versatile, Perfect for students and workers, Windows Phone!!

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

Love my Nokia Lumia 521. Overall a good smartphone.

Battery Life
Battery Life is so hard to keep up because there's so much to do on this phone !

Display/Screen Quality
Nokia Lumia 521 has great screen quality but you're not able to decrease the brightness as much as you want to.

Call Quality
Excellent call quality if you are not using some sort of microphone device to speak. Quite difficult for me.

Very easy to use phone. Not at all confusing and very efficient..and its a Windows Phone!

I must admit I am quite clumsy and I find myself dropping this phone alot,but out of all the times I've dropped it, My Nokia Lumia 521 has not acted up.

Nokia is getting better with manufacturing phones with a sleeker design, less bulky and very versatile.

• Call Quality:

More than worth the money!

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

This is my first Windows Phone and a step away from android. The Windows system comes with Office so that I can continue any process I start on my desktop, on my phone. The Live Tiles allow me to customize the home screen - tile, size, and location. Even before loading some fabulous apps, the phone transfers data from another device; and with Gmail, contacts are loaded with the log in. Finally, the dedicated camera button means no waiting to find the app/icon. WiFi and Bluetooth offer easy connecting, no matter where you are.

Notable, this phone take a mini SIM card and while some reviews and demonstration of the product show flash, there is none. Rear facing camera only; however, I have excellent pictures taken in low light.

Battery Life
The battery last for days with minimal use and had never needed to be charged in the same day of use, from full.

It was an adjustment, but on phone tutorials offer immediate support.

Thin and sleek, the phone slips easily into pockets or purse. The cover took some work to remove, but that just means it won't pop off with a drop.

Thin, sleek, smooth. There are other covers available, but the white is classic.

Great, cheap smartphone!!!

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

Fast phone, nice rear camera, love Windows Phone 8! Wish this had front camera, 1GB of ram, and an EQ capability. Very fast phone, and I HAVE reccomended it to many family members. I absolutely love this phone, and I am hooked on Windows Phone 8 now because of it! I have abandoned iOS for sure (never a huge fan), but I have no idea if I will even be able to return to Android...this phone's ecosystem is just perfect!

Battery Life
I can easily go an entire day to a day and a half on one charge.

Very nice IPS display.

Very solid, even when landing on concrete!

Feels very light and nice in the hand. Not too big or small.

• Call Quality:

Great phone dor the price.

Comments about Nokia Lumia 521 Smartphone:

I bought this product and for the price very happy. I write a lot of papers and having office at my finger tips is amazing. I have had little to no problems with this device. One problem I did encounter was the fact that after watching videos and playing games the device got very hot and would shut down occasionally, but it boots up really fast. The app market isn't the greatest due to the limited amount of apps and games, but I found out from a friend that the google play store works. The apps already on the phone work great and the live tiles are fun to have and give a unique feel to the phone, a personal touch. Over all the phone is great for a inexpensive day to day phone.

Battery Life
The battery life is great. The battery takes very little time to charge and lasts all day.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen quality is pretty good for the price. It definitely works and is useful.

Call Quality
Call quality is as ok. I was a little disappointed in it but overall works if you need it.

This phone is extremely easy to use. Its not complicated to move around and use. The live tiles are great to personalize it.

Its pretty durable, I dropped it a couple of times and it didn't break.

The design isn't the greatest. The phone by itself is very slick and hard to keep in your hand, but if you buy a case with a grip you'll be fine.