View more cell phones

Nokia
Nokia - Cell Phone

Nokia - Cell Phone

3.4

The most satisfied I have been with a call phone.

I am the mother of a 1 1/2 yea old and my phon has to hold up to being abused by her. So far this phone has done a great job and I would buy it again. The automatically locking keypad keeps me or my daughter from accidentally connecting to the internet or a picture from being taken. However, the camera is easliy accessible and I can take a picture easily. Also, the music feature is wonderful. I can download songs right to my phone, and with the included head phone adapter, I can listen to it without bothering people around me.

Nokia 6555b is not something I recommend for talkers or texters.

The Nokia 6555b is not something I am too satisfied with. There are many cons and few pros to this cell. Picture quality is great and if you can text using T9, you're all set. But if you like to text or talk often, this phone is not for you. It overheats very quickly and once it's hot, it'll randomly turn off - in the middle of a call, in the middle of a text message, while you're waiting for a very important call. I thought maybe I was the only one and had a crummy phone, but I've talked to several other people with this model and they said the exact same thing. I've had mine replaced three times since I got it and I'm waiting for the next one to come in. If you just like to have a phone to have one, this is probably one of the best. But if you actually use your phone quite a bit daily, you'll soon see these problems.

Worst Flip Phone EVER!

from Helena, AL

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

These phone are junk, my husband and I both had these phones when we upgraded, and they are complete junk, the speaker in mine went out after a month, my husbands outside screen went out after less than 6 months, and we both had issues with the phones not holding a charge and turning themselves off for no reason. A waste of time & money

The most satisfied I have been with a call phone.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The cutest, and most droppable

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This phone is my lifeline, and when I picked up this cute little red phone, the Nokia 6555b, I knew it was the one.  The texting features are easy and clear.  It is easy to find almost every feature on it.  BUT when I went to an area where there was only 2G service available - and what does that mean, folks? - I COULD NOT USE MY PHONE.

The battery seems to be lasting ok.  It makes it through *A* day, which is a little disappointing.

My other concern with it is that it is rather fragile.  It has gotten dinged up more easily than any other phone I've had.  Frankly, I've been wondering why cell phone manufacturers don't use a more rubbery coating on at least some of their phones.  My pretty little red phone, one day, went flying out of my hand, except for the backplate.  After I rebuilt it, it works ok, but it's got a crack on it's face.  I learned never to hold it lightly again!

Nokia 6555 one of the WORST phones EVER??

from Crawfordsville, IN

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The Nokia 6555 is an ok phone. The phone features Bluetooth, Text messaging and many other features. The phone has a spot for a memory card which is good considering that the phone has very little internal memory. The phone does have a small, sleek, comfortable design. If you plan on dropping your phone a lot, DO NOT buy this phone as it breaks super easy. Some more downfalls are that is sends blank texts, has a lot of dropped calls and randomly shuts off. The phone is easy to use, has a nice, comfortable keyboard, and takes good pictures. It has voice control, which is a very nice feature, unless you have it in your pocket, unclocked. If you don't have the phone locked, then you better hope you got some minutes or money on your phone because it will call people by registering the voice that it picks up, and if it can match it close to anything, it will call or do some type of function. Overall the Nokia 6555 is an OK phone. Not the best, but not the worst.

Nokia Cell Phone--indestructable!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I love my nokia cell phone.  I have had it for years and have never wanted a new one.  Every time my cell phone company offers to upgrade my phone I turn them down because I love this phone so much.  Mine has buttons on the front which I don't really use and make noise when it's in my pocket sometimes, but they can be shut off.  This phone is really simple and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that other top-of-the-line phones come with now, but it is very practicle and works just great.  I said that this phone is indestructable and I think it really is.  Like I said, I have had this for years and it still works great.  It holds about 3 full days of battery charge and I use it a lot and never turn it off.  I have dropped it hundreds of times and even dropped it three stories onto cement and picked it up and kept using it.  It has been the best phone for me and I would definitely reocmmend it to anyone.

Nokia 6555B, had four of them before I chose a different phone

from Winston, GA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I had four of these phones from AT&T, fortunately enough I was still under the 90 day warranty so I was able to return them as they went down. I have a few friends that got shafted on this phone and ultimately bought another phone from another source such as Ebay or Craigslist.

This phone is so disappointing

from Chino, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

My other phone died and I need to wait til my contract is up to get another one so I borrowed this one from a friend. The first disappointing aspect is that I could never figure out how to set up a reminder. I tried numerous ways and nothing would send it at the correct time. I tried and tried and reverified I did things correctly and it would never send the reminder or it would at a totally incorrect time.

The 2nd thing I discovered is that it always disconnects calls on me and shuts off completely. Right in the middle of a call. I have heard of this problem but never experienced it on any other phone. I don't know if it is the phone or the carrier, though I have had AT&T for years.

I can't wait for my contract to be up in a few months so I can get a new phone and it WON'T be a Nokia.

The nokia cell 6555b, is the best phone ever!

from Mercedes, TX

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I have had several cell phones, but the nokia6555b, has been the best one.  I get service 99% of the time.  Other phones I would only get service 60% of the time.  We live in the country and with this phone I get service in the house without having to search for a signal, the same at the stores, the Nokia 6555b, has not let me down once.  It provides a camera, music, games and etc., it hasn't let me down once.  It has been the best, ever.

It is a good phone except its memory

from Durham, NC

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The battery life and included applications make the Nokia-E61i a much better showing in the smarpthone communicator field. It is a good phone except its memory you cant put a card in it. 1 GB is all you have to save everything otherwise it is a good phone with many features.

A handy business phone

from New York, NY

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The Nokia interface is very easy to figure out and use without having to constantly refer to the manual--although I've been a Nokia user for years, so I suppose it's easy to upgrade and pick up where my older phone left off. I was immediately able to surf the Internet as soon as I took the phone from the box and inserted the battery.

The PC Data Suite that came with the phone allowed me to synch phone data with Outlook, which is a great productivity enhancer. My phone now has my complete to-do checklist, calendar, and notes. It's easy to input data into the phone with the QWERTY keyboard. I also downloaded a free e-reader (MobiPocket) and am now happily reading an ebook from my phone. The screen is nice and wide, but it does make it a little weird to make calls, as the phone spans my entire palm.

I do miss the Palm desktop, though, as this phone has replaced my old Palm Tungsten T5 completely.