View more cell phones

Nokia - Cell Phone

Nokia - Cell Phone

3.6

Net10 and Nokia are the best buy for the money. No contract

We are reviewing my Nokia and Net10 service.  I just want a phone to make and recieve calls.  I don't need, don't want and won't use any of the other "stuff" that is available today.  I didn't want a contract with a monthly bill and my Nokia and Net10 gives me that.  I rarely have problems getting service, the battery charge lasts a long time. Since it is not a flip type phone, it took me a while to figure out how to lock the keys so that I'm not punching in garbage while the phone is tucked in my bra (the safest place for me to keep it since I don't carry a purse anymore).  The ringtone is loud enough to easily hear and the selevtion of ringtones is much more than I need.  I finally settled on a cookoo clock instead of a rooster, because we have roosters across the road from me.  It is easy to add minutes after you buy a card.  The cost is always 10 cents a minute straight across the board.  I recently lost my phone and after a week finally bought another one. The lost phone had almost 1500 minutes on it and when I activated the new phone I was able to get those minutes transfered to my new phone.  Years back I had a trak phone.  I was a truck driver at the time and the damn thing wouldn't roam with me.  I finally threw it out the window somewhere in Texas.  I would never buy another trak phone.

Go with upgrade instead of Nokia 1600

Just signed up with cricket and thought i was getting a better phone when I chose the Nokia 1600 flip.  It was over-priced for what I see it does now.  The worst part is that the meeting profile setting either chirps once and no vibrate, or you have to set it on vibrate and it will vibrate loudly throughout the incoming call.  I haven't found a way to just send the call directly into voicemail, but doesn't mean you can't.  I had a better Nokia with my T-mobile service and I didn't really have to read the instructions to take advantage of the features.  This has less features yet seems more complicated.  I also will have to figure out how to keep the screen saver from starting less than three seconds after you open the phone.  I am finding Cricket customer service to be very hard to understand and hear over their own network.  As I stated I'm sure this phone can do the basics but with a basic phone I just feel like I shouldn't have to read the very small users manual all the way through.

Loved my Nokia 1600 Cell Phone

from Placerville, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The Nokia 1600 cell phone was the first cell phone I ever owned and also a gift from my boyfriend at the time, now my husband.  I loved this phone because of its simplicity and reliablility.  I unfortunatly have a habit of accidentally dropping my phones, and, even though the case was not different with this phone, my Nokia lasted for five years!  I am pretty sure I dropped this phone in the snow at one point when snowboarding and it was perfectly fine.  I did have a little bit of a romantic attachent to the phone since it was from my boyfriend, and it also was not incredibly fancy, so if you are looking the newest phone with all the bells and whistles, this is not the phone for you.  But if you need something simple and reliable that will last and will not be complicated to figure out, I recommend the Nokia 1600.  I personnaly love the look of the old candy bar phones and feel like they are much better made than many of the newer phones on the market.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Cricket has too many fee surprises

from Whites Creek, TN

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I have been with cricket for sometime and they have great service for those who uses their for phones as home phones, long distance a great monthly plan however they charges constantly a 15.00 fees no good reason other than to make a profit and with their services being over seas 9 or at least what I have encountered over the past) their customer service does not understand english very well, are trainied to take over the call and not escalate to supervisor.

a simple work of art

from 400067

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

i m a budget sonsious but as compared to other companies this cell phone is far more simple and easy to use but it has very less features as compared to sony ericsson or motorola. it is very sturdy to use and cheap but i think the features should be more. the battery life of this cell phone is comparitively really nice which becomes an add on for this simple very simple work of art.

This phone has excellent call quality and reception!

from Pittsfield, MA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This phone charges very quickly, sounds great, has an 18 day battery life. The service, Net10 is cheap. However, buttons are pressed easily in the pocket. It also does not equip with a camera. I use this and I rely on this phone to communicate! I like this phone a lot!

simple and easy to use.

from Honeoye, NY

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I am a new cell phone user.  I just wanted something for emergancies while traveling to and from work.  I comute almost 2 hours everyday to and from work.  The roads that I travel do not have a high volume of traffic but have many deer crossings.  This phone is perfect for what I need.  I do recommend this product to those that do not want or need anything but the phone.  It is easy to use.

strong basic phone

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This is a very basic phone but for those people who want a cell phone this is an excellent purchase. It is very durable very long-lasting has excellent battery life and the screen is quite small actually but very functional. I love the Nokia 1600 phone. I'm a very dedicated Nokia user and I've used a number of their cell phones in the past with my most recent phones being the Nokia E63 phone. They always make high quality cell phones and these phones typically are known to never dropped calls and to be extremely reliable over the years. This is not a very pleasant looking phones to be quite honest as it has somewhat of an outdated look but if you're in the market for this type of phone you are not buying it for its looks but for its function. And as stated already, it functions really well.

Great for a basic phone!

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

If you want a phone that is just a phone and don't need all the features out there, the Nokia 1600 cell phone is perfect. I don't need anything but a phone for occasional use. It keeps the charge really well while I'm traveling, so I'm not always finding that the phone has died. The sound quality has been good and although a rather short phone, it never seems to have trouble picking up my voice in the microphone. The buttons are a little bit small to push at times, but overall are fairly easy to use. I like that it keeps a good log of all the callls - missed, outgoing, incoming, etc so you can always find a lost phone number in those archives. There are some basical additional features which come in handy like a built in calculator for the grocery store and such.

It has been dropped a few times and the worst that has happened is that the kep cover has come right out, we've tucked back in the rubber front with the keys on it and it has worked just fine afterwards. Too many phones these days are very delicate and I'm glad this one isnt'!

Nokia 1600 basic and relaible

from Hustontown, PA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

The Nokia 1600 phone is a basic reliable phone.  I have been using mine for over three years and am impressed with standby time and time the phone holds a charge well over a week with a new battery.  I am not a big cell phone user and this phone has all that I need with a very user friendly interface.  I have some hearing loss and the  hands-free of speaker mode is a blessing the volume adjust loud enough that I can use the feature while diving so I can lay the phone on the car seat and concentrate on the road. There are enough ring-tones in the phone that you can pick one you like or set it to ring and vibrate or vibrate only nice feature for meetings. I have drop it several times on concrete and have had no damage ,  the battery cover didn't even come off.  I would highly recomend this phone to the casual user that does not want or need all the bell and whistles that most people want.  The only thing that would make it better is a lighted keypad.

Cricket Nokia 1606 cell phone not a good buy.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

Signed up with cricket about 6 months ago and thought i was getting a better phone when I chose the Nokia 1606 flip.  It was very over-priced for what I see it does now.  This has less features yet seems more complicated.  It only has 4 ringtones of only one that is really usable. I was able to record one to use but feel it should have come with more basics for the price. Service is just OK, billing is never correct and fighting with them is impossible whether you're right or not. The phone often drops calls for no reason. I am finding Cricket customer service to be very hard to understand and hear over their own network.  As I stated I'm sure this phone can do the basics but for the price I should have gotten more than just the basics.  I would not recommend this phone and would hesitate to recommend Cricket as a carrier.

Net10 and Nokia are the best buy for the money. No contract