View more cell phones

Nok1100
Nokia - Cell Phone

Nokia - Cell Phone

Bread-and-butter phone

If you want really easy phone to use, look no further. Nokia's 1100 is truly accessible to everyone. It has old school black and white screen: the text is legible and the background light is good in dark places. It's also really handy that this phone has built-in flashlight. I use phone's flashlight when I'm camping and hiking for example and it's great. It's no Maglite, but if you need quick source of light, it's great.

This phone's features are basic: phone book, text messages, organiser (alarm clock, calendar) and so on. There are no fancy stuff that you'll find on modern phones but if you are a minimalist, it suits you great. And what is more, Nokia 1100 has really long battery life - I've used this phone for three years and I've never changed the battery for a new one. Battery won't be used up fast, because this phone has no complicated applications.

The build of this phone is lightweight, slim and covers are durable. I've never had any problems with this phone: it works like a charm. I've used this phone in extreme conditions and had always a good signal. Nokia 1100 is also a wonderful and cheap reserve phone for everyone. In point of fact I use it as my second phone. It's good on the go and you don't have to worry if your phone gets scratches.

featureless

Avoid this phone unless all you do is just make phone calls. In that case, you don't really need to even choose a phone as any phone can do that these days. For today's modern needs, this phone is hopelessly inadequate as it pretty much has nothing. GPS? Don't make me laugh. No it doesn't have GPS. Games or applications? Again no. Touchscreen? No. I had to use this phone momentarily while my phone was getting RMAd (remanufactured) and it was a plain torture to have to go from a smartphone to something this basic. Again, hopelessly inadequate is the way I would describe the Nokia 1100. The thing though that I did like about this phone is that it feels like rubber padding is on this phone. I never dropped it but it seems like it would handle a drop pretty well. Also, the phone did hold signal quite well. Like typical basic Nokia phones, the signal strength is displayed on the left side of the small screen while battery is on the right hand side. Sound on the Nokia 1100 was audible.

Great phone

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

Nokia 1100 Cell Phone is one of the best phones i used to have. It is an amazing strong phone and i have dropped it in the ground a bunch of times and there was no damage at all. If you are looking for a simple phone Nokia 1100 Cell Phone is the one. It doesn't have as much features as a usual phone has. It doesn't have a camera and you can't go in the internet on this phone. I used it to make phone call mostly and i bought it because i wasn't really good with technology. The battery lasts for a very long time and that is what i love about it. The durability also lasts for a very long time. If you are looking for a nice simple phone, then Nokia is the one.

Voice Quality
Great voice quality.

Battery Life
Lasts a long time even if you use it too much.

It is simple to call someone on the phone.

The color is nice and it is very strong as a phone. No matter how many times it falls in the floor it will not do it any damage at all.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Great cheap little phone

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

While I've not owned many other phones to compare, this little ditty is fine and dandy. It's what I got when I had to upgrade from analog to digital. I've had this phone for 5+ years, and it's never given me any problems. It's easy to use. Something any person could work without having any computer ability. It's basic and simple, but does all that a phone needs to do: make and receive calls.

No problems after years of use. It gets bars (reception) even better than some more expensive models). It works and is easy to use.

Voice Quality
As far as I can see with friends who have fancier phones, this one is just fine. Voices sound real. Clarity if pretty good.

Battery Life
On stand by mode, it lasts anywhere from five to seven days before it needs to be recharged. It takes a full charge in about two hours or less. Very quick in my opinion.

I've dropped in on hard floors any number of times, and it keeps on working.

Simple, simple options select and very easy to use.

Adequate for what I use it for.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

For the price of the phone, I don't have a problem wit it ever

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I use my trac fone for texting mainly, which is .3 of a minute and free to read... The only con I can think of is going thru the 3 letters on the number. And the predictive text doesme no good, being midde aged I do not use the "lingo" that is used today. But as I said for sending and receiving texts, it is very comparable to the other companies. The prepay is a great perk also, you do not get slammed with a huge bill.Great little phone!

Reliable Communication

from Mountain Home, AR

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

It may not have a color screen or fancy features but it works great. I probably charge it once a month, it seems to last forever, probably becuase it doesn't have all the fancy stuff. My wife has a color screen and she has to charge her's just about every day.If you want a reliable phone to stay in touch and communicate, this is the best and the price can't be beat.

This phone can stand up to a 16 month old! It is very well made!

from Barneveld, NY

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for about two years. I have never had any problems with it. I pretty much always have a signal, even when my friends or family (who paid alot more for their phones and service) don't. This phone has been dropped, thrown, chewed on, stepped on, and much more, but it is still in very good shape. I enjoy having a tracfone because I do not have a monthly bill to worry about. If I run out of minutes, but happen to be broke then, its not a big deal. I am not getting late fees on a bill, or anything like that. When ever I have needed help, tracfones 1-800-number provides me with all the help I need. Also, they always seem to sneak in bonus minutes when I add airtime!

I hate my tracfone!! no service anywere near my house!!! NO GOOD

from East Haven, CT

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I have had a tracfone since they came out, because I thought it was cheap!! NOT!! I never get good service there always dropping calls. I call the company for support and they give you a hard time when they can understand you and vice-versa. I have only kept it because I know that my kids can use it when they go to certain places and reach me as long as they have service!!!

It's very practical.

from North Fort Myers, FL

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I love TracFone! I am in control of my cell phone expenses with TracFone. They send Happy Birthday specials, text your phone for new deals regarding airtime, and the website is very easy to use. I have never had aproblem with using TracFone and I have been using it for the past four years.

great but really small keypads

from Akeley, MN

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

i really do like this phone because i can choose my own tones to the rings that i want and also it has seasonally songs on it which is nice. also can add tones to know when your friends or other people call you. it also has a flashlight on it that you can use to see when you are looking for something in your  bag.

great service and affordable phone, userfriendly too..

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

I HAVE HAD A TRACFONE FOR OVER THREE YEARS... I ENJOY IT'S EAZ OF USE AND EAZ OF GETTING THE MINUTES THAT I NEED.. AND THE COST OF THE USE OF MY PHONE. I CAN USE IT JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE. AND STAY ON A BUGET TOO. I USUALLY CARRY IT BECAUSE THE CONVENIENCE FOR EMERGENCY CALLS.. BECAUSE , I DIED TWO YEARS AGO; BECAUSE MY HEART STOPED, SO I USE IT AS A LIFE LINE.. WHEN I AM OUT IN THE WORLD... SOME DAY IT MAY HAVE TO SAVE ME...

Great freebie phone

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Nokia - Cell Phone:

This is a freebie phone, a phone I got for free with my carrier, AT&T. As a free phone I have to say that is has met my needs just fine. I use it only to make phone calls and I do not do anything else with my phone. I do not take pictures, I do not text message at all, I do not browse the internet, and I do not play any games or run any applications. This phone cannot do those functions anyways and it's fine with me since the phone is not meant for those things. This 1100 cannot take any pictures, do GPS, browse the internet, and run any applications. But that's fine with me because the one area where I need it to operate well, voice calling, has been a delight. This Nokia phone answers phones and accurately and loudly lets me to listen to the caller. It has never lost a call so far, and I have received no complaints on the other end of me being too soft or needing to speak up. The display is simple and very easy to follow. The phone came with a charger and a manual.