Other Body Lotions:

Nivea Smooth Sensation

Pros

Cons

Nivea Smooth Sensation helped relieve my itchy, dry skin

On a recent shopping trip I was disappointed to learn that my preferred body lotion (Nivea Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion For Very Dry, Rough Skin) was out of stock. In need of body lotion and having a coupon for Nivea, I purchased the Smooth Sensation variety. As I had a coupon I ended up receiving this for free and so I was more than willing to take a chance and see if this would be as effective as my preferred Very Dry, Rough Skin variety.

The first thing i noticed is that the smell was far preferable. The Very Dry, Rough Skin variety has a pungent, perfume smell that is not the most appealing. This lotion smells of shea butter which is a noticeable improvement. The lotion itself applied well and absorbed almost instantly, I think this was part due to how dry my skin was. I was pleased that it did not leave my skin feeling greasy. There was no unwanted residue and I must admit to being impressed by how shiny it left my skin looking. This lotion claims to unleash a long lasting 24 hour moisture. I found this not to be the case. It did a good job of initially providing moisture and calming my dry, itchy skin but after a days work I needed to come home and apply additional lotion, so I would say it typically lasted around 9 to 10 hours as opposed to the 24 hour claims. This in part could be due to just how dry my skin is. This body lotion certainly nourished my skin and added moisturization, helping to control my itchy skin. It wasn't quite as powerful as the Very Dry, Rough Skin variety, but then that is to be expected as this is targeted only for those with dry skin.

Overall, I was pleased with the results of this Nivea Smooth Sensation Lotion. Though it would not replace my favorite brand of Nivea body lotion, it is certainly a capable backup and does provide the benefit of having a more pleasing scent to it.

Nivea body smooth sensation calms my irritated palms

I received a sample of Nivea Body Smooth Sensation Lotion for Dry Skin (light blue bottle) when I purchased Nivea Body Original Moisture Daily Lotion (dark blue bottle) and I find it calms my itchy irritated palms and hands a bit more than the Original Moisture Daily Lotion.  They both contain glycerin and mineral oil and the sample is made in Germany. The Nivea Body Smooth Sensation Lotion for Dry Skin claims it is triple action:  nourishes, revitalizes and absorbs quickly.  It has a very mild pleasant scent, almost unnoticeable.  It is of a medium consistency, is not greasy and absorbs right into the skin. When my palms are itchy (I know - it's supposed to bring money and friends) in about 5 minutes the itchiness goes away until I wash my hands again (a must in this cold and flu season).   I only wish it was quicker to calm the unpleasant irritated feeling on my palms.  But it is nice on both sides of the hands.

Thin body lotion with a wonderful scent

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I recently received a sample of the Nivea Smooth Sensation body lotion. I have always loved Nivea. In part because of the subtle, characteristic Nivea scent, which the Smooth Sensation body lotion also has. Besides the scent, the first thing I noticed was the texture, which is a bit too runny for my liking. I know it is a body lotion, not a creme, but I still prefer something which is not quite as liquid. At first, I was not too impressed with the effectiveness of the Nivea Smooth Sensation body lotion, but if I had had a larger sample, I probably would have used more, and then perhaps liked it better. But after giving the body lotion some more time to absorb into my skin, I was actually fairly pleased with the Nivea Smooth Sensation body lotion.

I love the scent of Nivea products!

Absorption
Even though the body lotion is fairly thin, it does not absorb the greatest, in my opinion. Afterwards, it kind of feels like a have a thin membrane of lotion on the skin of my face. On my body, it feels pretty good, though.

At first, I did not think that this body lotion was very effective. But after a while, when it had had time to absorb a bit more, it actually feels like it is working fairly well.

Pretty Good

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I really like this body lotion. I like the fragrance, I like how it is quickly absorbed, but I wouldn't suggest this product to people who want a deeply hydrating lotion. This is a relatively light product. All in all, it is quite nice, but not exactly the best solution for people who want to deeply hydrate their skin.

I love the scent of this product. To me, it smells almost exactly like the Lancome Royal Body Lotion.

Absorption
This is a pretty light weight formula, and it takes seconds to rub this product in. It leaves arms and legs lightly hydrated, and there is no residue left behind, which makes this product an ideal moisturizer for the day and during summer.

This formula is very light weight and thin. It didn't really deeply hydrate my skin, so I would suggest using this product during the summer time, when skin isn't as dried out from the weather. I also like using this product in the morning because it doesn't leave my skin greasy, all the while lightly hydrating my skin.

Nivea Smooth Sensation helped relieve my itchy, dry skin

from New York, NY

Nivea Smooth Sensation Lotion

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I bought this lotion two weeks ago and I love it. I have sensitive skin. A lot of lotions irritate my skin and I have tried so many different products from different brands and this is my favorite one. I really like its fragrance and the way it goes on. My skin is soft even hours after applying it. Thanks NIVEA for producing this amazing product. I will keep buying this product. AND Yes, I recommend this product.

Only Body Lotion I use

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I live in a dry climate and have problems with my skin drying out. This is one of the only body lotions I have found that helps with my skin drying out. It is not an expensive lotion either. I can also find coupons for the lotion which help reduce the cost. I use this lotion daily and will continue to use.

One thing I like about the scent is the fact that really isn't one. I am sensitive to smells and very particular about the way things smell when I put them on.

Absorption
The lotion absorbs well into the skin. It also does not leave your skin feeling oily or dry. It is nice about of absorption. It also leaves your skin feeling very soft.

This lotion has been great for me. It helps with my skin being drying and also helps with the itchiness that comes with your skin being dry. It works great and it seems to last a long time for me. This lotion also does not irritate my skin in anyway. It works great for me.

my main lotion

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I love the smell but the consistency as well. It keeps my skin hydrated even during winter. I haven't had to change lotions since I discovered nivea.

I get the Shea butter one and absolutely love the smell. Smells fresh and feminine.

Absorption
Its not greasy so it applies well and easy and is immediately is absorbed.

When I discovered nivea I had severe dry skin and had the flaking. I bought nivea so try and find a solution and it worked!

Thick, creamy, non greasy

from Pendleton, OR

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

A thick lotion that is well worth the money. Not too expensive, but you get what you pay for. Maybe even a little extra. I bought the full size product after receiving a sample size. It leaves skin feeling great with a slight healthy glow to it.

Smells fresh and clean with a light soothing fragrance. My boyfriend likes the scent of the lotion, so I feel other men will like it also.

Absorption
Absorbs very well and leaves skin feeling hydrated, moisturized, and soft without a greasy film. I use it for giving my boyfriend back massages as well.

Long lasting hydration without a need to reapply often.Even after several hand washings and doing dishes, my hands feel soft. A great lotion for the whole body after a shower or any time of day. Works well on people with slightly dry skin, to people with extrememly dry skin. I have sensitive skin and can not use many products available on the market because they cause irritation and redness or itching. Once my boyfriend and I tried this product though, we were hooked!

• Absorption:

Love the smell and absorption

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

I started using Nivea Smooth sensation body lotion for dry skin four months back and simply fell in love with it. I love the smell and the absorption of the lotion is great. The body lotion has Shea Butter and glycerin which is the main reason why I bought it. The lotion has some technology called hydra IQ, I don't know what it stands for but it says it keeps skin hydrated for 24 hrs. , which I feel is true, because I don't have to re-apply the lotion before next day’s shower. The lotion is lightweight and not at all sticky, thankfully, because whenever I try lotions for dry skin they turn out to be sticky. The body lotion keeps the skin looking smooth, supple and soft. I will Surely recommend it.

I love the scent it feels like I have applied some costly aromatic oil.

Absorption
The body lotion absorbs very quickly, perfect for busy women.

The lotion keeps dry skin at bay, if you remember to apply daily after shower.

• Absorption:

Good lotion for winter dryness

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

Nivea Smooth Sensation body lotion has been great for my dry skin this winter. Every night I apply it to my skin and notice a soft, non-greasy texture afterwards. I also put it on my two children at night after bath time and they like it a lot. The smell is nice, not too strong as some lotions can be. In addition, the pump bottle works well and easy to use. Overall, I would purchase this brand & type of lotion again as it works as needed.

Not too strong but nice mellow fragrance.

Absorption
Skin feels soft after application.

Takes away dryness as needed.

• Absorption:

Moisturizing, but a little greasy...

Comments about Nivea Smooth Sensation:

As with most other Nivea lotions, this one is pretty greasy, almost as greasy as the cream tins they make. It doesn't moisturize any better than other non-greasy lotions either. The smell is the classic Nivea smell, so it's okay. Wouldn't run out to buy more, but may try again.