Other Body Lotions:

Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

I feel happy in my skin!

I love lotions. I have hundreds of different types and brands. I bought Nivea Body Happy Sensation a few weeks ago on sale at Rite Aid. I also purchased the body wash. I love them both. And I highly recommend trying them both.

Nivea Happy Sensation has a Bamboo Extract and Orange Blossom scent, which is light and fresh not over powering or over bearing. My husband loves the way my legs feel and look, and of course so do I. The texture and consistency is light and not thick, which I like alot. It is fast absorbing and no-greasy which is another great point! I hate climbing underneath the sheets all sticky or oiling. I use it every night before getting into bed. The fresh soft scent is so nice to go to sleep too and a little romantic too! YES!

The bottle and www.NIVEA.com says this lotion fortifies your skin while keeping it soft and silky providing 24 moisturization. Invigorating and refreshing.  Dermotologically tested.

I use Nivea Happy Sensation lotion all over my entire body twice daily for wonderful results and effects. I used coupons and got it on sale which ended up almost free. I am hooked now!

I love the scent, but I wish the ingredients were better.

I received a free sample of Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion from one of the sampling sites that I visit.  It sounded great because I love citrus scents and it has a Bamboo Extract & Orange Blossom scent, but when I read the ingredient list, I was disappointed.

**Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion** is a body lotion that is supposed to moisturize your skin "noticeably longer".  The bamboo extract is supposed to "fortify your skin while keeping it soft and silky providing 24 hours of moisturization."

My only problem with **Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion** is the parabens that it contains.  The ingredients are just okay, nothing outstanding, but the parabens are a problem for me.  I would not buy this product because of them.  I would recommend it to others if you don't use natural products and enjoy light, fresh scents.  It's perfect for summer because of the thin consistency and fresh scent.

Let me start off my saying that the Bamboo Extract & Orange Blossom scent is just fabulous. It's light and refreshing, but not at all like orange blossoms. Orange blossoms have a strong fruity/floral note. This lotion has a really fresh scent that is slightly fruity, and not representative of orange blossoms at all.

Absorption
The texture is relatively thin, so it was easy to apply to my arms and legs. It absorbed quickly and didn't leave a sticky or oily residue behind. It felt fully absorbed after I rubbed it in.

My skin felt soft and silky, but not heavy like some moisturizers can leave me feeling.

Decent

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

This was a moderately hydrating lotion which was prefect for summer use because I have much less dry skin and basically just need a lotion to keep my legs and arms looking sleek, smooth, and hydrated. I wasn't a huge fan of the sent, but all in all this was a pretty good buy.

I wasn't a huge fan of the fragrance. It smelled like oranges and other miscellaneous fruits.

Absorption
Skin just drinks up this formula in seconds. This product had a relatively light formula, which made it really easy for skin to absorb it. I liked how I didn't have to spend a lot of time rubbing in this formula. It only took a few seconds to rub this formula in, which was nice and convenient.

I wouldn't say this was a very hydrating lotion, although it did keep my skin soft, smooth, and conditioned. I used this lotion during the summer time, when I'd wear shorts and tank tops all the time, so I really needed to make sure my skin was properly hydrated. When winter came and my skin got more irritated and dry, this product didn't really do that much. Basically, this is a light weight, lightly hydrating lotion that is good for summer use, but not so effective if you need to hydrate dry winter skin.

Nice body lotion

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

I love most Nivea products so I was eager to try the Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion. For some reason, I didn't find myself too keen on this product. I found I really didn't enjoy the scent all that well to use it every day so now I keep the bottle next to my bed for when my husband is feeling in a good mood and he will massage my back using this product. I won't say I dislike this body lotion but it is far from one of my favorites.

I don't mind the scent of this Nivea body lotion but for me, it is nothing special, sort of like the same run-of-the-mill scents that many brands have.

Absorption
This product doesn't seem to absorb into my skin well, I have to keep rubbing for a while so I don't have lotion just sitting on my skin. It is not a greasy feeling lotion but it tends to have a "just sits there" feel.

This Nivea body lotion is alright at moisturizing my skin but it seems to only feel that way for a short time. I have to keep re-applying this product if I want smoother feeling skin for a longer amount of time.

• Absorption:

Great scent and good for any time of the year!

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

Overall, an excellent product. I really enjoy the scent and the way the lotion feels on my skin. I would probably buy it again. Nivea is a good company with great products and I know I can trust them. I would like to see this product moisturize even more than it already does as I need to keep reapplying the lotion throughout the day. But still, great product and I'd highly recommend it.

I really love the orange scent on this! It's not too strong but just enough to smell nice and not overly girly either - my husband doesn't even mind using it!

Absorption
Absorbs perfectly. Sometimes a little too quickly I think. I would love for it to moisturize just a little more than it currently does.

Again, absorbs perfectly like it is supposed to, but I seem to need to put on this lotion more frequently than some other lotions that I have. It would be nice to see it moisturize more from the start, even if it doesn't last all day.

Nivea

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

Nivea lotion is generally good in that is non greasy, lightly and pleasantly scented and has a reputable brand. However, this lotion is seasonal in that it is great for tropical climates and can be used on African American skin in areas that are prone to hard water in the summer but it is not quite effective on the previously mentioned skin type in the winter as after use the skin quickly becomes dry and paper like again. However it is excellent in tropical climate

The scent is nice, pleasant, light and clean

Absorption
This lotion is easily absorbed into the skin during the summer time however it is not as absorbent on black skin in the winter or colder seasons and after applying sometimes it is necessary to wipe off lotion that the skin doe not absorb

This product's effectiveness is directly linked and dependent on the climate in which it is being used in as well as the softness or hardness of the locality's water

• Absorption:

I love the scent, but I wish the ingredients were better.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

I'm HAPPY with this SENSATIONal body lotion by Nivea

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

Being the freebie junkie that I am, I was fortunate to receive a couple of samples of Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion. I'm not a regular consumer of Nivea products, but I do use lotion everyday so I was excited to try something new.

The orange blossom scent is wonderful even though it doesn't smell like oranges to me. It's a light, pleasant fragrance that is supposed to invigorate my senses. I have to say that the smell of it is appealing and makes me feel like I'm pampering my skin when I use it.

Absorption
At first, I wasn't impressed because the lotion is very runny compared to the thick lotions that I normally use. I assumed that this product would be one of those thin, runny lotions that doesn't absorb into the skin and takes forever to spread around. Surprisingly, I was wrong. While this lotion is definitely thin, it absorbs into my skin very quickly without a lot of effort on my part. There is also no greasy residue leftover on my skin - yay!

One of the benefits of using Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion is that it contains Bamboo extract, which is supposed to fortify my skin while keeping it silky and smooth. Nivea claims that this product provides 24 hours of moisturization, however I needed to re-apply it sooner than that. That could be because I am constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer so the skin on my hands is really dry. I still need to use a heavier lotion to combat my dryness but I like this lotion for something light and refreshing.

• Absorption:

Leaves skin soft, but I don't like the scent

from Bossier City, LA

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

I love Nivea products, especially their lotions, so I was eager to try this one.  Pros - it left my skin very soft. It's a lightweight lotion that is very moisturizing, and it sinks right into your skin.  The price is good, average for drug store lotions I suppose.  Even though I have sensitive skin, I didn't have any issues using this product.  It didn't irritate my skin at all.  It's not greasy or heavy feeling, which makes it perfect for summer time.  Cons - the scent!  It reminds me of some sort of medicine I took as a kid!  It smells kind of citrusy to me, but there is another scent in it that I can't place.  At first, I almost returned the bottle, but I thought I would try it again and see if I could learn to like it.  I have learned to overcome the fragrance, because I love the way this lotion makes my skin feel. Don't get me wrong, it's not an awful smell, but I just don't care for it (although my husband likes the way it smells, go figure).  I added a few drops of almond oil to the bottle and that seemed to neutralize the smell.  I would buy again , but probably will switch to a heavier moisturizer for my dry winter skin.

I'm Enjoying My Silky, Softly-Scented Skin

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

When I received a sample of Happy Sensation lotion in the mail, I waited until I had sufficiently dried out my hands by washing with antibacterial soap to test it out. Happily, this lightweight and softly scented skin care lotion put a smile on my face.

Happy Sensation Body Lotion is lightly scented with orange blossom. It's a pleasant fragrance, but it doesn't interfere with any scents from my other personal care products.

Absorption
The whipped-lotion texture absorbs quickly, but there is some heavy-duty moisturizing going on. My hands not only felt soft, but they also felt protected with just the sheerest hint of residue. It almost felt like I was wearing silicone gloves for hours afterward.

Nivea products are always intensely moisturizing and Happy Sensation is no exception. This formula contains bamboo extract "to fortify your skin while keeping it soft and silky...[for] 24-hour moisturization." And truly, my skin feels so smooth and moisturized for an entire day. This is a great choice for warmer weather because it isn't heavy or overpoweringly fragrant.

Works Fine - Smells Odd

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

I received a sample of Nivea's Happy Sensation Daily Lotion and recently tried it out.  As I am not an avid lotion user, it's hard to say what works better or worse than other products.  I do know that an hour after using this product, my skin felt silkier - which was nice.  The wait time for the lotion absorbing into the skin was longer than I'd like.  I do not enjoy the sticky feeling of lotion sitting on top of my skin - which I suppose is why I don't worry about using it very often.

What I really didn't like about this lotion was the smell.  I hate to stereotype, but something about the scent brought memories of a grandma's bathroom.  Thus, I spent the day feeling like I smelled like an old woman.  Not that older women smell bad - and, thus, I'm not saying this smelled horrible - just not the scent I would like for myself.  The title "Happy" implied to me that this would smell young and vibrant.  That just wasn't the case.

Therefore, while I feel the lotion "worked" I would not purchase it due to the scent.

This is a wonderful lotion that I happily use every day!

from Pickens, SC

Comments about Nivea Body Happy Sensation Daily Lotion:

My skin often suffers during the cold, so I'm always on the lookout for lotions that will help my poor skin.  I saw a great coupon for this lotion in one of the Sunday circulars and decided to give it a shot.  Not only does it smell great, it also works well.  There aren't a lot of body lotions that I like to put on because many times they're heavy and too smelly, but Nivea has outdone themselves with this one.  Happy Sensation has a very light citrus scent, and it is not greasy or oily at all.  I use it every morning.  I also like the fact that there are often coupons for this lotion and that it often goes on sale.  Buying lots of lotion can get very expensive, but I feel like I can keep this and it won't cost me a small fortune.  Also, it is something that I can use in the summertime and not feel like I'm greasy.  I would recommend this to my family and friends adn have in fact recommended it on several occasions.