Other Video Game Consoles:

Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus

Pros

Cons

The Wii Fit Plus is one of my fav Christmas gifts of all time

So I finally got a Wii Fit for Christmas last year and I love it. Over the years I would purchase gym memeberships and after a few weeks I would go less and less.  I would also go out and get all the latest excercise gadgets and they would collect dust. My problem was that I hated working out.  I am not overweight, but I am always trying to lose a few pounds and as I get older it is not as easy for me to just drop some weight when I feel the need.  I wanted to feel healthy and fit and set a good example for my family.  Welcome the Wii Fit into my home and I excercise at least every other day now.  It is so much fun.  I get excited about what kind of workout I will do and what type of feedback I will get! Fast forward one year and I have kept up with the workouts still at least every other day.  i have been able to maintain a five to ten pound weightloss and I feel better overall.

There are five types of excercises offered which are Training Plus, Yoga, Strength Training, Aerobics and Balance Games.  My favorites are the Balance Games and the Strength Training.  I like to switch them up often so my body does not get used to doing the same things over and over.  the best part about it is the personalization factor.  It really is like having your own personal trainer that tracks your progress, gives healthy tips for your lifestyle and continues to challenge you.

This is just an overview of why I love the Wii Fit and I would recommend this system to anyone and everyone!

What I would expect from a Video Game Workout

I own the orignal Wii fit and Wii Fit Plus. I have used it off and on for a couple of years now. The program has several different ways you can exersize, yoga, strength, araboics and balance games. The Yoga is pretty good you get more of a work out than you think. I have taken some yoga over the years and find this to be chalanging and very similiar to what was in the classes. What is missing is the feeback from an instructor. It is a bit too easy to "game" the board to get a good score and not do the pose properly. The strength trainining is good for toning muscles and getting the heart rate up. By adding some simple weights into the program it helps with the results. The arobic games are get the heart rate up and are fun. I do like stepping to the rythem, which allows me to change the channel watch some tv while I exersise. The balance games are really fun and get the heart rate up. The skate boarding game is often played in our house for fun.  The addtions to Wii fit plus were enough for the price. Over all its exersise which I need but if its real weight loss look a getting help a professional center with a good trainer. This is a good supliment to that on your off days.

Fantastic gaming consol for all ages.

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

I love to stream Netflix and play many of the games available through this consol.

Game Variety
I have yet to search for a game that I haven't been able to find.

Controller Comfort
I have difficulty with the sensor, but when using the plus controllers it is a little easier.

This is very user friendly and I have not had any complications that have required assistance.

• Controller Comfort:

Nintendo wii and wii fit plus

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

I love this console. The games are fun and the fit plus is fun too. The video interaction is very entertaining.

Graphics Quality
This is not an HD format but it works very well with an sd or hd television set. I have used it with both and although the resolution isn't what we've become used to, it's still fine for me.

Game Variety
There are literally hundreds of games for this console. The standard wii sports is fun by itself bet there are tons of other games to play.

Controller Comfort
The controller is very thin and sleek for comfort while holding. it's also very lightweight which is good if you have small hands or your hands get tired easily.

Not being a real tech savvy person, it took me some time to get used to the controller. I suppose if I would just read the directions first it might make it easier for me. the controller is used differently on different types of games. that's the learning curve I had to deal with.

It seems to be very durable as I've had my console for over two years now and it still works perfectly.

• Controller Comfort:

Best video game console for physical fitness

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

I really love my Wii. Its great for staying in shape and making exercise fun. There are so many different games and workouts you can buy for the Wii. And there are several accessories you can buy that are compatible with the Wii to really get the full experience. I took one point off because sometimes the system freezes.

Controller Comfort
For some of the games, the controller is kind of a pain to use. For example, in racing games when you have to hold the wireless controller as if it were a steering wheel. But, there is a steering wheel accessory you can buy that helps a little.

• Controller Comfort:

A fun and different way to get exercise.

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

The Fit Plus and balance board is a great way to have fun and exercise at the same time. As it's a video game, I find that I keep playing over and over to better my previous score which means I'm exercising more without even realizing it! My children also have fun with this as well.

Graphics Quality
I think the quality is pretty good. I'm not a gamer so I'm very satisfied with the quality of the graphics.

Game Variety
I like that there is a variety of games available so you do not get sick of the same activity over and over. I am not a runner, nor do I find it interesting even as a game, so I like the other choices Wii fit has.

Controller Comfort
For some of the games, it is cumbersome to hold a remote, even if it mimicks body movement. The balance board is very easy to use!

The balance board is very easy to calibrate for multiple users. My children are able to play the games without any parental direction.

I've had the balance board for several years and it's still going strong even with a family of four regularly using it.

• Controller Comfort:

Easy and enjoying in-home exercise activities.

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

The Wii Fit Plus builds on the orginal workout software, giving you more options and interactive activities to have fun and get fit.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are more cartoon-like than other systems (Playstation or Xbox), but are certainly an improvement over previous Nintendo systems. Granted, this game does not require a high degree of graphics as would other games where you'd like to see more life like images.

Game Variety
Wii Fit Plus gives you additional workouts and activities to add to those of the Wii Fit. This greater variety keeps things interesting and gives you new ways to use your balance board.

Controller Comfort
Easy to use and navigate with the game console.

Just put in the disc, select a workout, and off you go. The game will also track your previous workouts once you build a profile.

Have had no issues with this game and minor issues with the Wii system in general. Once, the Wii console required a "hard restart" after a power outage, which simply invovled unplugging all cords and removing the electrical source for a few minutes.

• Controller Comfort:

I absolutely love my Wii and Wii Fit Plus!

from Olean, NY

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

I use this almost every day, and it has greatly helped me to lose weight and be more responsible for my weight loss journey. I keep waiting for my avatar to get smaller and smaller!

Graphics Quality
I find the graphics for all this to be awesome! I have no difficulty following the directions and patterns involved.

Game Variety
I love all the new fitness games that are part of the wii fit plus. I gave it a 9 because I wish they would have added a new aerobics game however.

Controller Comfort
There really is no way around either holding the controller or putting it in your pocket. Thanks for the strap, I don't worry about breaking my TV!

Yes, I can attest that even the 50+ age group can figure out how to use this! Just put the disc in, turn it on, find your avatar and start working out!

It has lasted well, and there are four of us using it. I even have a battery charger that we store the controllers on to keep them charged for our daily use.

Great all around!

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

Great variety of different games to play on the wii, something for everybody! And the Wii Fit Plus package is just the thing to get if you want a low key workout at home!

Our wii remote and wii fit plus system has been thrown, kicked, stepped on, etc plenty of times and still holds up! Great quality!

Not a great product

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

The product itself is a kid friendly game. I spent a lot of money looking for a weigh to lose weight and this just wasn't the answer. I used this religiously and maybe lost two pounds in a two month period. I was very disappointed with the outcome. I even switched my diet to healthy diet and nothing. My son loves to play the games on it but I can't find myself to use it again.

For Someone Like Me

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

A great way to work out in the privacy of your own home. It is nice for me because I am just starting out and even doing a little bit each day is better than doing nothing.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are lame Your Wii character doesn't have arms and legs, but they are acceptable to get the job done.

Game Variety
Not only do they a wide variety for games, but each game cd has so many options to suit your needs.

Controller Comfort
I have to be not to put the strap on too tight as it tends to cut off circulation in my hand.

I wish there was an easier way to turn off and on the tutorials and helps.

I have had mine for three months now, and it seem to be hold up well.

Wii for kids

Comments about Nintendo - Wii and Wii Fit Plus:

This is a great way to get families together and to get a little activity going for those who aren't so active and don't go outside. It requires you to get up and it moves with you so you actually have to be active to play. There are several types of games for the wii. Sports dancing working out yoga Zumba fishing tv shows and you can also watch netflix. It's good family fun n