View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:

Nintendo GameCube Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

Our system took the shock like a pro.

**Why we love this system (PROS):**

**Why we love this system (PROS):**

We purchased the system as a Christmas gift in 2002  for our children to enjoy. and we are still using it. Our family is very impressed with the game cube system. We enjoy swapping out games for new or used games at the gaming stores. The game selection is awesome.  The color selection was great and allowed us to choose a cool color that they would enjoy. The handle makes it ideal for travel and quick clean-up when they are finished with the game.

**Life can be shocking at times:**

In 2004, an electrical short from our power company traveled throughout the house shorting out many electrical items. The game appeared to be fried since we couldn't get it to power on. As fate would have it, it turned out to only be the A/C adapter which I was able to purchase new online at eBay.com for less than five bucks including shipping. We connected the new adapter and the system worked fine.

**A few kinks to workout (CONS):**

Like previous reviewers, we do have an occasional "will not read" problem with the system that requires reloading the game or re-booting the system. This doesn't happen too often but still a pain when it does happen. The price of the games for this system are still too high which is why we trade our games in for previously owned one at the gaming stores. As the kids got older they requested newer systems that are popular with fellow gamers. I will be writing reviews on those systems soon. However, they still play the game cube system on a regular basis. They have worn out a few joy sticks since we purchased the system.

**OVERALL:**

So overall, we are very happy with the system and would recommend it to others with children that are just starting to show an interest in gaming. It is very kid friendly and durable. Happy gaming!

Sassy

Awesome system...if it would last!

**Choosing the game system:**Our family began the quest for a video game system when our son was 7, showed interest (and the actual ability) to play video games. We chose (luckily my father-in-law bought it for our son's 7th birthday, and asked which system we thought he would like) the Nintendo Gamecube for a few reasons:1. We liked the shape, it had a handle for portability, and came in really cool colors.2. We noticed that most of the younger "child friendly" games were for the Gamecube (ie Mario, Kirby, Spongebob).3. And to be honest, it was one of the lower priced systems out there.**The ins and outs of it all:**We absolutely loved it for the first year or 18 months or so...no problems. Then all of the sudden it would say that there was no disk in it when there was, or you would close the lid and instead of the disc spinning, therefore loading - it did nothing. Or sometimes you would turn it on and nothing would happen at all, no power or lights...but if you turned it off and on a bunch of times, eventually it would power up. We thought it was the power cord and purchased a new one....nope. The website was no help for troubleshooting, and when it finally died we just chalked it up to our son just leaving it on or using it too much - figuring the motor burned out. To make a long story short...we purchased a new one (would have went with a different system, but we already had like 20 expensive *Nintendo Gamecube* games!!!) and after about 18 more months **the same thing!** I was pretty obsessive about the care of the 2nd Gamecube, and can easily say that this time it was DEFINITELY not of our wrongdoing! **My mind is made up this time!**Now that we are out a 2nd game system, I am not too happy and wary of spending alot on another one. So for now, we are using our several "Plug and Play" systems and the Gameboy (see the review) until Santa visits this year. We will be sure to tell him not to select another Gamecube! Maybe we just had a streak of bad luck. I have not talked to other Gamecube owners to see if this happened to them, but from my experiences - I give this product a 3 star rating due to the fact that when it does work, it's awesome! I would probably even recommend it to others telling them first what happened to me, because it is a very entertaining piece of technology....if it just lasted a little bit longer!

Fun, quality Nintendo product.

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

The Gamecube seems to get a bad rap compared to its competitors from Xbox and Sony Playstation at the same time. However, the Gamecube continues Nintendo's tradition of signature games (such as Super Mario Brothers) that make the Nintendo a family-friendly and enjoyable gaming experience. This console represents a major overhaul from the Nintendo-64 game console in style and functionality. The Gamecube utilizes mini-discs as opposed to game cartridges in the older systems.

Graphics Quality
Each Nintendo system has exhibited an increase in graphics quality over time and the Gamecube continues this tradition.

Game Variety
Nintendo has even released games which are more associated with its competitors and which it did not release on previous consoles (such as Resident Evil) to go with all of its staple characters and games (Mario, Kirby, Zelda, etc.).

Controller Comfort
The controllers are easy to hold and use. They are similar to those of the Playstation in many ways and are a big change from the Nintendo-64.

Put in your disc and play!

Have not experienced any problems over several years.

Another Classic Nintendo Console

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

This game console is one of the best classic consoles of all time. I have a gamecube; however, I have not played it recently. However, this console has a lot of solid titles that any gamer would love.

Also for it's time period it had one of the best games graphics wise: Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Best Nintendo Product...EVER

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

The design looks really good and overall...its...its just amazing

Graphics Quality
These graphics are crisp even from afar

Game Variety
Wind Waker blew my mind, Mario games where a bit more entertaining than the N64s

Controller Comfort
I just cant explain how comfortable the sides and the rubber joysticks are

The menu CAN be a little confusing but its all good

This thing is INDESTRUCTABLE!!!!

• Controller Comfort:

Nintendo's console lined up for the next millenia

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

Excellent system, it will forever be on my list of childhood favorites.

Graphics Quality
Graphics, although outdated at this point, were excellent. Characters weren't blocky, and games intelligently based their graphics around the capabilities of the system instead of attempting to push the limits of it.

Game Variety
With plenty of games to choose from, ranging from racing games like Burnout, to console-defining classics like Super Smash Brothers Melee, to excellent combat games like Soul Calibur, you will find their replayability to easily surpass even the newest games out there.

Controller Comfort
Although it looks very bulky, the controller was meant to be held for comfort. Realistically, though, it wasn't meant for all hand types, but Nintendo excellently aimed for the majority of their user's hand size.

The Gamecube was smart in having a system where if there's a game in the tray, then all you have to do is turn on the system to start playing. When there was no game, or if it was busted, the system refers to an easy-to-navigate menu which even a little child can understand.

• Controller Comfort:

Fantastic console for older and some great games.

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

I received this console as a gift a very long time ago and have since owned around 40+ games for of it. Some of my favorite being Super Smash Bros. Melee and Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker.

Graphics Quality
For the time the graphics were pretty great but as of now they are outdated. For games like The wind waker the cartoon style makes the games very very pretty. Overall graphics are good.

Game Variety
The games that are available on the console are HUGE you can get from Role playing, Adventure, and sim games. A few great games to try are Animal Crossing, Zelda legend of the wind waker, and Super smash brother brawls. There's a few pokemon games as well if you enjoy those.

Controller Comfort
The controller is great to hold in your hands as long as you don't get a 3rd party wave bird controller. The default controller however does not give my hands any problem and have no trouble with it.

The console is extremely easy to set up. Plug in the power and plug in everything you need to into your TV and your done. Opening the case and powering it on is extremely obvious and easy to do and nothing needs to be prepared before you play games.

After about 6 years my Gamecube still works just as well as it did the day I bought it. However two out of the four I own have slightly broken analog sticks because they are getting lose.

• Controller Comfort:

One of my favorite consoles.

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

Although this system was released about 12 years ago, it is still worth picking up. The reliability of this console is second to none. After owning this system for roughly 10 years, it has yet to freeze up on me. You can't say that about any of the new generation gaming consoles. I

The library of amazing games is a good enough reason to pick this console up. Amazing games such as Zelda, Metroid, Mario, & Super Smash Brothers Melee, and many more are found on this console.

This console overall is a blast to play. Highly recommend.

• Controller Comfort:

One of the best Nintendo has to offer.

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

I actually really liked the GameCube. The controls were great, It was super easy to use, and it was just a ton of fun to play. So many classic games and so many memories, The Gamecube is easily one of my favorite consoles of all time.

Graphics Quality
Nothing really superstar about the graphics quality but as a whole, It has always been pretty solid. Nothing to really complain about.

Game Variety
Games ranging from your classic beat em ups to racing games. The GameCube has it all but then again so did the other consoles of it's time.

Controller Comfort
Much prefer it over the PS2 and Xbox. It's slim, Fits well in your hands, and the controls are great.

A pretty straight forward system. Controller and memory card slots in the front with plug ins for your TV in the back. Very easy to set up and very easy to use.

As the years went on, The console certainly faded to the point where it wouldn't load a game. That being said, I still got a couple of good years out of it so no complaints.

• Controller Comfort:

I've had this console for years and it's still going strong

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

I have it in my room and have a few games for it like Super Smash Bros, Resident Evil, Pokemon ones, and the Zelda collection that came with it. I also love how I have the gameboy player attached to it so I can play my old gameboy, gameboy color, and gameboy advance games.

Great for families

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

I've had my gamecube for a long time. It is very durable, and great for family play. I love that four people can play at once. The graphics are pretty good, and even the device design is appealing. The system is also very easy to use. I would recommend this to anyone with young children.

The GameCube is a Cube!!

from Huntington Park, CA

Comments about Nintendo GameCube Console:

The GameCube has all the things. First it has four controller with two memory stick. Second it can play with any gameboy advance game system if you buy the equipment for it. Third when you turn on the gamecube you will see some features of the system that you can customize it that you like. The gamecube is square it cannot break from the outside but from the inside there is a button that you cannot touch it! The gamecube rocks that all of the nintendo games will came out with a small disc that its small as a candy or a dounut. The GameCube also features mario games, new games such as naruto, new games never heard about it and also the continue part of the legend of zelda the series they never stop making it it is still going. Gamecube is one of my favorite system because it is the nintendo product that they made and has all the games that I always wanted to get it. The Nindtedo GameCube has some games that I want such as anime games that are cool like naruto. The gamecube is one of the great system for your family, friends, and many more.