View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:
Nintendo
Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console

Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console

Pros

Cons

Great Gameboy!

Comments about Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console:

I grew up playing gameboys, from the original "brick" to the next generation DS. I remember the first time I saw the graphics on this console and thought WOW, I never expected a handheld console to have graphics that awesome (of course this was back when it came out and it was ahead of its time, now theyre a joke!) All reminising aside, here are what I would consider to be the pros and cons of this console.

Pros:
Lots of accessories
comfortable horizontal layout
vibrant color screen (only in good light conditions!!!)
great sound even from one speaker
battery life is easily 6 hours+
HUGE game library, you can play any gameboy, gameboy color, or advance game great backwards compatibility.

Cons:
NO BACKLIGHT!
"shoulder" buttons are hard/awkward to reach, even with large hands
a little large compared to some modern handhelds
screen scratches easily

Graphics Quality
Nice quality for its age

Game Variety
Compatible with all gameboy games up to advance (original gameboy, gameboy color, and advance)

Awkward shoulder buttons

Screen scratches easily

• Controller Comfort:

A great christmas gifts for any kid or adult that is a gamer.

Comments about Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console:

The gaming experience for a gameboy is satisfying and fun. This is a great gift for any gamer, especially for those gamers that love Nintendo.

Graphics Quality
For a hand held gaming system the graphics of the are really good for any Nintendo gamer.

Game Variety
The gameboy is a Nintendo product meaning that all Nintendo platforms like Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, and all the others Nintendo exclusives. Besides the Nintendo exclusives there are also the third party companies that have games in this platform like Sega that has Megaman and Sonic.

Controller Comfort
The controls are easy to use. I played with it since i was six years old and for a six year old i never felt the controls were hard to use. Now i lend it to my little sister and she is currently eight years old and she is having no difficulty using the games.

The system the user friendly. The game council is easy to turn on and off and the volume control can be modified.

I have owned a gameboy since i got one Christmas ten eleven years ago and it still works and i believe i still have a long way before i need to replace it with a new system. The material that the system is made of resist drops and hits.

• Controller Comfort:

Awesome system for its time!

Pros

Cons

Comments about Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console:

Although I don't know what happened to mine, if I had it, I would definitely still play it. The Gameboy Advance was a great way to pass the time as a child when I was growing up. A moment of nostalgia passes over you when you hold one. A gold medal goes out to the person, or team who came up with this device, they are a gaming genius.

Graphics Quality
        For it's time, this game had taken 8-bit games and made it a little more developed. While the graphics were decent for its time, it definitely cannot compare to modern-day games. Plus, with the screen resolution, there wasn't enough room to fit such detailed images, but again, for its time, the graphics are good.

Game Variety
        It is Nintendo. There were a countless number of genres available for the system. Even now, though it might be scarce, nearly impossible to find the games in stores, there's definitely a game for every type of gamer out there. The possibilities are endless.

Controller Comfort
        The design makes it pretty simple to handle. It practically feels like a regular gaming console's controller, just a little wider. The start and select buttons are pretty soft and the other buttons are pretty durable with a grip, so the console itself is pretty comfortable. You can practically play it in any position.

If you are familiar with using a controller of an older gaming console (Anything similar to GameCube and below) you can use the Gameboy Advance. In total, with the analog stick it has just six buttons (A, B, L, R, Start & Select). The system itself is very simple.

This system was not suited for very high drops. If you lose your grip and it lands on concrete or hard ground, expect a few scratches or cracks. The screen itself is pretty durable, but if you find yourself constantly dropping things, I would be extremely careful.

Where is thou?

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console:

Throughout my childhood I always prefered portable game systems over full-sized game systems. Portable systems and cartidges are cheaper, super-portable(you didn't know?), in my opinion more of a joy to play and game saves were made into the game cartidge. Objectives and learning curves were easier and there aren't many controls you are forced to learn.

I always remembered my most fun and entertaining game moments came from my one small cherished thing, my Gameboy Advance. I was somewhat addicted to using it since it was so easy and super quick to boot up games, press the start button and start playing. Controls came very easy to me and I was thrilled by what gaming gems I were to play in the near future. But as I grew older I was more caught up with school and decided to give it a rest. I put my Gameboy Advance in my drawer and never touched it since. Just a few months ago I decided to undust my Gameboy and ressurect it from the grave but I have never found it. Whereever it's at, I hope I find it soon!

Gameboy Advance is AWESOME!!!!!!

from New Tripoli, PA

Comments about Nintendo - GameBoy Advance Console:

GameBoy Advance works perfectly! (at least for me)The backlight is a big plus! The older GameBoys didn't have it and at times it was hard to see. I always had problems with my older GameBoy getting dirty because there was no cover. Now the top flips and I don't have to worry about that anymore. The one thing I don't like is that the games you play aren't more advanced then the last one. Though if you want to look at it on the bright side, you don't have to buy any more new ones if you don't want to. I hope this review helps!