4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Perfect for advanced amateurs. Great quality and price

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

For the money this was the best DX (non-full frame) lens that I ever used by far. I used this camera for about 4 years with great pleasure and too tens of thousands of high quality and printable shots. I've been taking pictures since I was very young but this was my third foray into digital. I started out with a fixed lens Sony back in they day, moved do the Nikon D50 and then this. The difference was drastic and this camera met all of my needs for a long time.

Image Quality
Image quality is probably some of the best you can get with a DX format sensor and the camera kept up fine with all of my lenses, both DX and FX. The only reason I upgraded to the D600 was to move to a full frame format and a more professional level, however, if you don't have FX lenses and are not being paid to take pictures the DX format and this camera are definitely for you.

Great performance even in cold weather. The sensors are not as amazing as the modern ones on my D600 but they did the job quite well and if you didn't want to rely on them the manual settings are quite tweak friendly and fairly easy to learn.

Super easy with point and shoot modes and learning the ins and outs of the camera doesn't take too long, although don't expect to know every function for years unless you really know your stuff.

This camera looks the same as the day I bought it, no issues, no weird noises and over 50,000 shots taken.

Battery Life
Without the flash it's great but with it it goes fairly quickly. I recommend an external flash for both better pictures and longer camera battery life.

Portability
Small enough to fit in a small bag but heavier than the more advanced and modern D600.

Nikon D300 is perfect

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for a while, Upon purchasing it I was really looking for a camera that took really great action shots. This was the one I selected and it's great. I took pictures for the members of my track team. The quality of the photos are top-notch. Along with spectacular coloring of the photo; The Nikon D300 performs at incredible. Easy to carry around with and battery life is more than great. Love this camera.

great!

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

this camera is great for a few reasons... it is easy enough to learn if you're a beginner and have NO idea what you're doing with a DSLR, but it also has complicated and intricate features for the seasoned photographer. it's a great learning camera and also really professional. it takes amazing pictures. i've had it for a few years and have NO complaints yet.

• Portability:

If you have the money, go for it!

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

Talk about a GREAT DSLR camera! I got this because I love taking pictures, and noticed that the camera is a HUGE part of that. You can only take your skills so far. I love this camera!

Image Quality
AMAZING pictures have come out of this thing! So clear and so perfect! I love the many endless options you can set, to ensure your images come out great.

Works great! You can set it to any kind of environmental atmosphere and it will adjust your light and speed, or you can set them all manually, if you like to do that stuff. I like that you can buy other lenses, if you get into a real photography hobby or career. Digital cameras are great, but that old school SLR feature, really takes the cake.

I am not going to say that its super easy to use, because it does take some getting used to and you will need to read the manual and play around with it a bit before you really get used to it.

It hold us great, but you need to care for it and be careful. This camera is a commitment and you will need a case to take it around in.

Battery Life
It depends on what you are shooting and for how long, but I would have liked the battery to last a little longer than it seems to.

Portability
Its really bulky but the pictures you get out of it are so worth it.

Cheaper than a Nikon FX camera with similar resolution

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

This is a nice DX format camera by Nikon, that is well built and will last you a long time. Though it does not have many modern features, such as the ability to shoot video, it is still a solid performer that takes excellent photos in the right hands.

Image Quality
The sensor on the D300 is not the latest and the greatest anymore, but it is still a solid performer and in the right hands the image quality is fantastic. Just remember, the camera is only part of the equation for making great pictures. A good eye and understanding of photography is also very important.

I have owned this camera for over 2 years and I am very pleased with the performance and features. I especially like the LiveView function and the ability of this camera to take nice pictures at up to 2000 ISO that are still quite nice.

The automatic and program modes of this camera are good for beginners and novices, and can provide adequate results. The real power is in the manual features, and a good understanding of the fundamentals of photography are necessary. That being said, most of the functions are not too hard to find, though I did carry the manual around with me for the first few months of use.

Lots of metal on this camera makes it tough, however the rubber covers on the USB connector and other places seem to jut out after may times of opening and closing. The finish is hard to scratch and the camera doesn't get brassy like older 35mm cameras.

Battery Life
The battery life of the 7.4v/1500mAh unit that came with my D300 is amazing. It lasts several weeks if I don't shoot too much. In fact, I have never had to make the investment in a second battery,

Portability
I don't think portability is a strong point for this camera, because the body is very large. I carry mine in a soft case in a backpack most of the time which makes it easier to carry around.

Great Camera!!

from East Longmeadow, MA

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

I LOVE this camera!!! Im a wedding photographer and this is my 2nd D series and my favorite of the 2!!! It looks very professional! I get comments on it every time i have it out in public!!

Image Quality
Images are always right on point!

Couldn't ask for more out of this camera!!!

It does take some time to figure out if your not used of not having a AUTO setting. But i would only recommend this camera to someone who is a professional and knows about all the different settings!!

This camera is diesel!!

Battery Life
I can get about 2 full weddings out of one charge!!

• Portability:

Nikon D300 gives a Wonderful experience with fantastic results!

from Pilot Point, TX

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

Although not for the novice, the NIkon D300 is a fantastic camera! The photos are really sharp and clear and can be reproduced for oversized prints--even up to two foot by three foot poster sizes with exceptional quality. Low lighting is no problem.

You do need to check out all of the features and where they are located on the camera and how to change them.

Love it!! A joy to use.

Nikon Digital Camera !!!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

Hello, In college I work for journalism and usually take a lot of pics for the yearbook. I needed a good camera in a good cheap price and I purchased this. I can honestly say that this is the greatest item really. Its pictures are so clear and so nice its like your auctually there. It comes with a free strap to put around you neck, but note that this can be very dangerous because you might sufficate because camera is really heavy. You need to spend a little bit of tmie reading the manual which is a couple hundred pages to understand how to do this and that on it. The camera feels real great and I constantly find new featutures. Your pics actually go into a memory card inserted into cam so you can upload your pics striaght to a pc.

Great item

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

I have a Nikon D300S and love it. The autofocus is really fast and alwaysaccurate. I don't know how it does it, but it nails the focus every time no matter what I'm pointing at. With other camera I would always you center-point AF and focus. With the D300s I leave it on auto area and get perfect focus every time. This thing is built like a tank, it's tough and will last you for a very long time unless you just really treat it like its garbage and toss it around. It shoots more frames per second then I will ever need, but if you are serious about sportsphotography this camera will suit you very well. The image quality is best in itsclass. The color, contrast, sharpness, and exposure all seem much better to me on the D300s than the 7D. Nikon makes great digital cameras.

Good camera

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Nikon - D300 Digital Camera:

The nikon D300 is a good camera. If you want great excellent photography and have the pockets for the D300 then you should pick it up. It's not as mobile as some of the smaller cameras out there and it definitely is not what I consider light weight. But, if you want uncompromised photography then the D300 will do you well. I find the shooting and taking snaps aspect of the camera (which it is used for primarily) is excellent. There are some nice features but I mainly ignore them and just shoot. It has been very dependable on me so far. I have never dropped it or banged it against a table or anything like that but it has never stuttered of failed to act when I wanted to take a snap. I am really pleased with Nikon's quality and will buy more from them.