3.7
Nikon
Nikon - S210 Digital Camera

Nikon - S210 Digital Camera

3.7

Nikon Coolpix is slim and stylish but it's a little disapointing

from Bethesda, MD

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

This was my first Nikon camera. I liked this point and shoots Nikon coolpix digital camera but was disappointed in the quality of the pictures. The main reason for buying is because I wanted compact, portable, handheld, light (weights about 5 ounces) camera for travelling. It’s small enough to take anywhere and everywhere – fits nicely in pockets and small purse. I also really liked this slim and stylish color- red! I got this for Christmas as a gift and have used this camera for several years. The camera is very sturdily built. The covers that protect the battery and SD card were a little difficult to open at first but wasn’t too bad after repeat usage and the tripod mount is located far to the side for easy usage.
The camera start up is easy – easy to use and has many easy to use features –easy to turn on, turn off, zoom etc. It has a built in Help system that explains camera’s features with the touch of the zoom level. It also has autofocus and great for indoor or outdoor and easy to use menu for close up, day, night pictures. It’s easy to change scenes or use flash. The built-in flash is small and the time it takes flash to recycle will add another second or two to the shot. The battery seems to be good but nevertheless always keep an extra pack, just in case, if needed. Some of the camera's special features, like One-Touch Portrait mode--which activates the automatic Face Detection and redeye reduction--worked reasonably well to identify and focus on our subject's face. D-Lighting, which can be applied to images in Playback to brighten a dark image, did a good job of correcting under-exposed images. Also, the Nikon has has an Interval Timer Shooting mode so you can make time-lapse movies.
It’s also easy to view and edit pictures in camera; and also easy to upload to your computer.
However, I noticed that when I compared the quality of pictures with my old sony camera, pictures come out good on most days when the light setting was good – example, good weather sky sunny and blue.
However, the quality of the pictures are not good in low light situations (indoor, bad weather – drizzly and wet), and far distant picture quality is not good either. Pictures are grainy and dark. Additionally, when zooming, the camera is sometimes out of focus. The size is portable and takes good video, but during overcast weather – the picture quality is low.
I took this camera to Hong Kong and was very disappointed. The weather there is cloudy and rainy most days, so the qualities of the pictures were very poor. We tried different settings but nevertheless were very frustrating because I wanted to capture “Kodak” moment but unfortunately had to rely and use professional to take key pictures of the skyline. I don’t recommend this for outdoor adventurers. Overall, The Nikon Coolpix is small, slim, and stylish, but its images are a little disappointing when compared to other cameras (sony).

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

This camera did not hold up to the Nikon name

from Wildomar, CA

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

I got this camera last year as a gift for my husband and I before our baby came so we could capture all his firsts. We got it on Black Friday because the price went way down, but now Im guessing it was because many people werent buying it for the original price. I was very unsatisfied with the quality of the photos it took, they were fuzzy and didn't have a good color to them. I have a nicer Nikon so I was expecting it to be a higher quality camera rather then Kodak or Samsung, But it was not. Also, when I did not have a sim card in it the menu had all these features such as, color changes and different pictures settings, but when I put my sim card in the menu would go away and just let me do simple changes like light insensity. I figured out how to get it back to the other settings one time and thought it would always stay that way. When I took out my simcard it would go back to the original settings. I got so frustrated, and could not figure out how to fix it. I ended up giving it away to a family member because I was so unhappy with it I would rather carry around my bigger but nicer Nikon camera.

Compact, durable, and has Video Capabilities

from Gettysburg, PA

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

My go to camera is my Nikon DSLR, but I don't always want to carry that to the beach, amusement park, etc.  I was looking for a small camera that I could throw in my pocket or purse so I would still be able to capture great images of my kids and not miss our when I didn't have my beast of a camera slung over my shoulder.

The size of this camera is great.  It is smaller than my iPhone (and just a smidge thicker).  I can easily tuck it into my pocket, purse or back pack.  The photos it takes are clear and I was impressed with the quality of pics taken when the objects were moving.  I can usually get a picture of children moving with out the blurring of their flailing limbs.  Sometimes the pics look a little washed out due to the flash, but I have been able to correct them easily using iPhoto or Photoshop.

This camera is durable.  I usually just toss it into a bag, so that it's handy by.  I have taken it to pools, beaches and amusement parks and it has handle the abuse wonderfully.

I also like the video feature.  It is easy to change between modes and it nice to have the option to take a video rather then only still shots.

In our family, this is our secondary camera, but it does a really nice job to fill in when I am not carrying my DSLR.

An affordable camera that takes great pictures and video.

from Nevada, IA

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

I got this camera for Christmas from my husband, and I am so happy with it.  It takes clear sharp pictures, and even takes awesome video.  If you get a large capacity memory card, you can record up to 4 hours of video on it, or 4,000 photos.  it is really easy to upload the pictures to my computer.  Our family couldn't be happier with this camera.

Awesome

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

I got this as a christmas gift and the camera takes good pictures. The flash options are good. The video's comes out crystal clear which I was shocked by. When you upload the videos on your computer you can hear the sounds and picture very clear. Its small so its easy to take around with you. If you want a good camera I would have to say go with this one. Its worth the money!

The Nikon S210 digital Camera has a great auto function.

from Utica, MI

Comments about Nikon - S210 Digital Camera:

The Nikon S210 digital camera is a great camera for basic to advanced users alike.

I had a Nikon L4 before this one and used it on all of our vacations. That camera worked fine but two things were lacking. First the megapixelswas only five and when we had a big picture made up it came out a little grainy. However that was not too bothersome. The second was the refresh rate when we took a picture with a flash. Everytime we did that we would have to wait what seemed like forever to take another picture. That was exspecially excrutiating when we were taking a picture of a person. You would have to say hang on a minute and keep the pose while the camera gets ready.

Well the Nikon S210 solves both problems. First it has 8 megapixels and we made an 8 by 10 picture and the detail came out crisp and clear. Second the camera uses a lithium ion battery which refreshes very quickly. So now when we use the flash we can take a picture right away.

The Nikon s210 has many features if you want to take pictures of different situations like evening, indoors, sunset, and so on. We tried them all out when we first got the camera but it seems that the best pictures came out when we put it in auto and let the cmaera decide for itself the best shooting mode. That especailly is true with the stabilization. Without it most of the pictures came out a little fuzzy. But with it on the pictures were crystal clear.