Other Digital Cameras:
Nikon
Nikon - L18 Digital Camera

Nikon - L18 Digital Camera

Easy as Point and Shoot to take great pictures

The COOLPIX L18 and L16 features an easy auto mode where you can turn on the camera and shoot without worrying about any settings. It's automatically enabled D-Lighting and Anti-shake AE compensates for lighting and camera movement, enabling you to shoot great pictures without difficult operation. It has easy access to fourteen different scene modes and three movie modes also ensures shooting that is tuned to give the best results to match the moment you are looking for. You can take better pictures with the COOLPIX L18 and L16 with new Anti-shake AE. It also detects subject movement and camera shake, and automatically overcomes blur by adjusting to high shutter speeds and higher ISO sensitivity.The COOLPIX L18 and L16 feature a selection of three innovative functions that provide the ability to actually improve the quality of images within the camera. The built-in In-Camera Red-Eye fix automatically compensates to help eradicate traces of the annoying red-eye effect that can sometimes be encountered during flash photography. And the D-Lighting can be applied to improve underexposed images or shots taken with too much backlight. D-Lighting automatically creates a copy of the image with detail added where necessary, but with well-exposed areas left completely untouched. This is the easiest camera to use that I have used thus far.

The  L18 comes in Silver, Matte Black, Blue and Red, while the L16 is available in Silver and Matte Black.

A Fragile Camera

I recently picked up a Nikon Coolpix L18 digital camera and loved it. It's actually a very nice camera. Take beautiful photos and is very easy to use. The problem is, It's fragile. The camera fell from my pocket and hit the side walk and the screen cracked. Utterly ruining it. I've dropped other cameras before and didn't have any problems with them. What makes it worse is that Nikon is giving me the run around and I don't know if they're even going to repair it at this point.

Easy as Point and Shoot to take great pictures

from Jerseyville, IL

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

Very affordable and highly functional camera.

from Forest Grove, OR

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix L18 is a very serious point and shoot camera. The camera has a large screen to show the pictures with quality. The retracting lens protects the camera from breaking when it is dropped (should it be off). The flash is clear and provides a good amount of light to the subject. It is middle-weight for the type of camera, and it has a good grip to enable easy shooting.

The menu leaves something to be desired. It is best to go through the manual with the camera so as to fully understand all the option available to the user. It also lacks a number of versatility options that you can find in other cameras. Often I found my self wishing that I could do more advanced adjustments with the camera, that I have seen available in compariable point and shoot cameras.

This camera is definitely a good buy for someone who is hoping to have an easy to use camera to record the moments of their lives. However, if you are looking at photography serious, I would suggest a camera with a few more adjustability options.

Amazing for quality & price nikon L18 camera!

from Fort Smith, AR

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

Let's just start with I'm impressed with this camera, takes real professional pictures, with or WITHOUT flash on, up close or far away, it takes very gorgeous scenery ones outside. I'm camera happy with this, I enjoy taking pictures and they very RARELY ever blurr. The user interface is simple and even if you're new to cameras you could figure it out in about five minutes, five minutes that's amazing! The LCD preview screen is huge and very detailed. The pictures miss out on nothing and it took amazing pictures and it will even blurr things in the background if you like, most cameras won't do something that professional without big money, however this is a reasonable cost for an amazing camera. It's lasted a long while too, and batteries last a long time in for me, even plain duracell ones, a plus for most camera users. It's also a reasonable size and fits in the palm of your hand or purse nicely so no need to carry around a huge honking camera for professional photo's, get this! The only bad thing is the SD card slot is in the battery compartment.

Great camera, easy to operate

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

The camera is easy to use, has fast shutter speed, a good sized screen, is intuitive and takes great pictures. However, I bought the camera because it uses AA batteries. I wanted a camera that if it had a dead battery I could buy a battery any place in the world and start shooting. So far so good. THIS LITTLE CAMERA CAN KILL A SET OF NEW ALKALINE BATTERIES WITHIN MINUTES.  I bought some lithium and rechargable batteries in the hope that battery life would be acceptable.

Depend on the lithium batteries and back up with lots of rechargeables. Alkaline batteries are too expensive with this camera. This camera needs a rechargeable battery pack accessory for the belt or pocket if it is the only camera on an important trip.

It takes excellent pictures, but is small enough to fit in a pocket or pouch. Exactly what I was looking for. Only slight problem I have is a very slight lag between taking pictures. Other than that, is an excellent camera.

MORE PLEASED WITH MY NIKON CAMERA THAN WORDS CAN SAY

from Etters, PA

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

I RECIEVED A NIKON COOLPIX L18/L16 CAMERA FOR CHRISTMAS LAST YEAR ANDS I AM VERY PLEASED AT THE RESULTS OF THE PICTURES AND THE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH THIS CAMERA. I AM NOT UP WITH ALL THE NEW TECHNOLOGY STUFF BUT THIS CAMERA IS NICE. I DIDNT LEARN ALL THE THINGS IN ONE NIGHT, BUT IF I CAN DO THIS, SO CAN YOU AND I AM IN MY 40S.

JUST TO NAME SOME OF THE FEATURES THAT THIS CAMERA HAS TO OFFER:

FOCUS LOCK

ANTI SHAKE SETTINGS

RECORD MOVIES AND MOVIE PLAYBACK

PICTURE EDITING AND D LIGHTING

I HAD MY SON GIVE ME A CRASH COURSE AND ONCE I STARTED USING IT, I GOT MORE INTERESTED. I READ THE DIRECTIONS, SLOWLY, PLAYED AROUND WITH THE CAMERA A GOOD BIT, AND STILL AM. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH WHAT THIS CAMERA HAS TO OFFER AND ALL THE THINGS IT CAN DO. I NOW ENJOY TAKING PICTURES AGAIN. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYBODY.

A great digital camera

from Flint, MI

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

This camera is great. It takes awesome pictures that dont blur when you try to enlarge them. The camera makes it easy for you to bring pictures in to focus and is easy to use. I like that it is easy to tranfer the pictures from the camera to the computer and that it doesn't take much time to do it.

great camera and fun to use

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

Nikon Coolpix L18, is an amazing digital camera. It has great features as well as being easy to use. Techies will enjoy this and newbies will have fun using this. It has camera as well as abilities to record videos. I got it 11 month ago and have been using it like crazy! I take it with me to all partied and events. It has a built in anti shake protection that allows you to take photos even if it's been shaken.

It takes clear photo's and the zoom is great. I recommend it to everyone I got the 2GB memory card with it and it stores lots of photos. I highly recommended this to anyone who's in the market to get a new digital camera.

Nikon Coolpix L18 has the following features,

# 8.0-megapixel resolution for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches# 3x optical zoom; Anti-Shake AE mode# High-resolution 3.0-inch LCD makes it easy to view and share pictures# In-Camera Red-Eye Fix; enhanced Face-Priority AF automatically focuses on up to 12 faces

xpansive 3.0-inch LCD monitor

I highly recommend this camera to everyone! I give it 5 stars. I have fun using it and showing my friend the photos. It is also a great camera for college students who are science majors. Need to take photos for lab exams this is the camera to do it with!

ahhhh, the memories!

from Brandon, VT

Comments about Nikon - L18 Digital Camera:

agggghhhhh! I just had to write and tell ya that I love my Nikon Cool Pix camera that I was given for my birthday. What a great gift. No more trying to find my way around something that I could never get right. The Nikon Cool Pix camera pretty much does it for ya or at least it makes picture taking a lot easier to do. My pictures are great! I look like a pro. Easy to take, download and print. I can't say enough. Why didn't I get one long before, I'll never know. Thank God for birthdays! This camera is light weight, a believe it was a great price (from what I was told by my givers) and small. I slip it into my purse and i am off to take great shots of nature, far away mountains or my neices and pets. All of the shots are wonderful. Close ups too. I would get another one if I ever lost this one and will probably get my folks one for their anniversary too. Because it is easy to use, my parents who are in their 80's won't have any trouble. Check all of the camera's out there, and you'll come back to buy this one!

Nikon coolpix L18? AWSOME!!

from Tyrone, PA

Nikon coolpix L18

This camera replaced my Ge brand camera, Which sucked!!! I bought this one at sears last week and the sales associate said she has it and it is great for the price. I took it home, read the whole manual, and started taking pictures, of everything lol, my clock, flowers, kids. Wonderful quality. I love the face framing tool, I just point and the smart camera does the rest. So many cool features that I haven't even used yet! Mine was on sale for 120.00. I LOVE IT!!!!

A Fragile Camera