Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon D700 Body Only Digital Camera

Don't Think I Could Love It More

from Asheville, NC

Comments about Nikon D700 Body Only Digital Camera:

Upgrading to the D700 was the best decision I could have made - this camera is a dream come true! Coming from a D90, it took a little bit of time to get used to the feel of the extra bulk in my hands, but I couldn't imagine switching back now.

Perhaps my favorite of all features is the ISO capability. There is just no comparison to the D700 when it comes to being able to handle low light situations with low grain. Amazing! This is a fully professional camera with all the features I could ask for. I put my cameras through a wide variety of shooting situations, and I have found that the D700 can handle all of them with ease.

As a primarily prime shooter, switching to a full-frame (FX) sensor has made tons of difference in my life. Suddenly a 50mm lens gives me so much more room indoors! My favorite (and my go-to) combination is the D700 with the Nikkor 85mm 1.4 - tack sharp with dreamy bokeh. Nikon definitely got this one right!

Like a Dream

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Nikon D700 Body Only Digital Camera:

I am a trader! I switched to the "dark side" from Canon to Nikon. The Nikon D700 is supurb in more ways than one. Nikon has wonderful straight out of camera color, richer, warmer color than that of other SLR brands. The Nikon D700 has a full frame sensor and a great layout. The buttons are very user friendly, easy to reach, easy to remember and the camera has an overall nice solid feel! The D700 also has a quick and very smooth focusing system, I am very impressed. It helps when photographing children, as they're always on the move! The in camera menu options are wonderful as well, the ISO performance is outstanding in this camera. If you want to be able to take photos without too much grain in very low light, this is a wonderful camera. In addition to all the perks, the LCD cover is a simple, yet important thing in my opinion! Protects the LCD from scratches, etc. I can't say enough good about this camera, other than I would love to own more lenses to go with it, the Nikon D700 is like a dream!

The D700 is built for pro use in compact body.

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Nikon D700 Body Only Digital Camera:

Nikon's D700 has met all my needs as a photographer. I use it professionally in my business and it hasn't failed me yet. Easy to operate and quick to learn, every button has been well thought out and placed. A huge and clear screen on the back makes reviewing pictures for focus and clarity a breeze...so you can always be sure that you got the shot you need while still in the field. The viewfinder also yields views that are easy on the eyes...when I look through other photographers cameras I am always dissappointed...the D700 has spoiled me. Image quality is great, you can get large prints and can't tell that you're not shooting film. Full of features, its like having a D3 but in a compact body. You can always upgrade with a battery grip to get it to rip off those 8 frames per second if 6 isn't enough. I would recommend this camera to anyone willing to pay the price. Anything less may leave you wanting more, which brings us back to the D700.