4.8

• Family photos (3)

love this product

from shawnee,ks

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Battery Life
  • Great Resolution
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Small / Compact

• Indoors/Low Light
    • Sports/Action
    • Travel
    • Wildlife photos

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

i recently purchased this and is still getting use to this camera. but it is really nice camera and i am loving it

i liike it

from morocco

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Great Zoom

Cons

• Poor Flash

i liike it < 3

• Was this a gift?:

This is a cool camera want to buy again & again

from Gurgaon, India

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Fast Shutter Speed
    • Good Battery Life
    • Good in Low Light
    • Great Resolution
    • Great Zoom
    • Large Clear LCD

Cons

• no cons of this

• Indoors/Low Light
    • Travel
    • Weddings/Events
    • Wildlife photos

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

Ya, this is a cool camera and storing great memory with this. I really want to share this to my friends & relatives.

Nikon

About Me Semi-Pro Photographer

Pros

• Good in Low Light
    • It's Miraculous Such As H

Cons

• It's Miraculous Such As H
    • Limited Zoom

• It Kaamra Too Good To Sho
    • Video

It Kaamra too good to shoot video Recommend to the color I have one wonderful
    I have one of these beautiful and easy to use camera also

• Was this a gift?:

Fantastic product in every aspect

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

This Nikon camera was a fairly recent buy that my wife an I made to keep our pictures up to date with the places we were seeing. Once we transitioned from Asheville and Chicago to Sicily and Athens, both for work and leisure, we decided to get a better camera to capture more beautiful moments, and this was just the thing. Not the most expensive nor the cheapest for its quality, this Nikon has served us fantastically at capturing every single moment in high quality, giving us more vivid pictures than we use to ever get. We have used this for capturing mountainside portraits, monuments, relics, and just about everything else we have seen. Since it is neither unnecessarily expensive and such a fantastic camera, I give this one a very good recommendation for just about anyone far any occasion, both casual and professional, and even for those action pictures we can't get enough of.

Quality Product.

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

I was so lucky when I entered a store like 9 months ago and saw this wonderful masterpiece on sale. I was also happy that I had enough money on me to make the purchase and am so glad I seized the opportunity. The image quality is superb and its performance is excellent. It is very easy to use and can be used even by amateurs. I read some reviews online from some customers that have purchased this brand of product before and most of the reviewers talked about how durable this camera is. The battery life span is also worthy to be mentioned. It has a very high zooming capability that makes it ideal to capture even far images. It is very portable and can be carried in a handbag or hanged around the neck because it is also very light. The camera has flash features that you can use in low light areas as well. I will recommend it for action photos and for both casual and expert photographers.

Love this Camera

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

My husband bought me this camera about two years ago for Christmas and it was love at first sight. I have been getting my feet wet and delving into photography professionally. I got certified and have been doing photos for other for roughly one year now and have been using exclusively my Nikon DSLR camera. The lens it came with has been good enough for all my uses so far but I have been looking at investing into a higher quality lens specific to different sessions that I photograph. I mainly do small sessions such as family, maternity, newborn and kid sessions. This camera allows me to use various settings that are pre-programmed for certain situations or I can choose from options that allow me to control aperture or shutter speed as well as using it in complete manual mode where I can control every setting. I love the versatility of all these settings and it has definitely allowed me to become a better photographer and learn much more about how the camera works and what it can really do. I did find myself going through batteries pretty quickly so I purchased two more to ensure I always have a charged battery on hand, the batteries are a bit pricey in my opinion since they are specific to the camera. The lens is easy to change and it is very easy to get started using this camera as it also has a guided mode which walks you through the scene you are shooting and choosing the best setup based on your selection. It seems pretty durable, although for the cost of it I do need to be careful with it. It has been dropped on tile floor from a height of about three feet and still works the same as the day I opened it. The quality of the pictures this camera produces it amazing and meets my current needs.

Portability
    It can get heavy after wearing for an extended period of time around the neck.

Excellent

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

This camera is the best camera I own. I call it my professional camera that I only use for special occasions because it is very high quality. It is more on the expensive side, but it is well worth every penny. The photograph quality is greatly surpassed by any other generic digital camera that an amateur would use. There are some great settings to use to get different effects on the camera. I also love that it is pretty easy to learn how to use, but a general knowledge of photography terms is useful for this camera.

Image Quality
    With this camera you will feel like a professional due to the extremely high quality photographs you will take. Always get a great photo with this camera, even if the photo is blurry.

This is a more high tech camera for a more experienced user.

As long as you keep great care of the camera, this will last you many, many years.

Portability
    You will need a larger camera bag or a neck strap as this camera will not be able to fit in your pocket.

• Portability:

Great Option For Amateur Portrait Photographers (aka parents)

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

I love my Nikon D3100 Digital Camera. It has its ups and downs but the final product is perfect for a busy mom with three kids.

Negatives: A little heavy. Not a nuisance, but definitely heavier and less compact than the cell phone-sized cameras that are popular right now. It definitely looks like a camera. It also doesn't have an interchangeable flash. On the same subject, the lens isn't interchangeable either. Luckily, like most normal people, I'm not a nature or sports photographer.

Positives: It is very durable. I've dropped it twice (with the lens cap on) and it survived beautifully. I don't recommend testing it though. Also, I'm actually happy that the flash and lens are not interchangeable because I like to travel and I have kids. I wanted a good zoom and flash with a fast setup time. That's exactly what the D3100 does, which in my opinion makes up for the slightly slow shudder speed. I just pull off the lens cap and snap away! I also like the simple database. Very easy to use! It also has a wonderfully long battery life.

I bought the camera because I wanted to capture fine-quality portraits of my children myself, without paying exuberant prices at a photo studio. For that purpose, this camera is perfect. The fact that it works well on the go is a bonus.

• Portability:

Impressive and a little intimidating

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Nikon - D3100 Digital Camera:

I just bought this camera from a friend. We are complete novices, but our daughter has taken some photography courses and plans to helkp us out with figuring things out. This camera is not for beginners, and will take a fair amount of study and practice to begin getting competent and proficient. I can only say that it has a lot of bells and whistles. It is heavy and substantial. I strongly recommend using the neck strap, because dropping it or having it slip out of your hand would be a disaster. It came with a memory card and this is useful for transferring the photos to your computer for editing purposes. The lens attaches with an easy twist and turn clicking mechanism, so changing lenses is quite simple, once you get the hang of it. The camera itself can take multiple lens sizes and also has a sunshade. We bought this camera knowing it would take a lot of effort to be a proficient user, but the quality seems to be quite good and we are looking forward to using it and learning more about high-end photography skills.

Image Quality
    Only because we don;t enough about this type of camera to give it a higher rating.