Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Nikon - D3000 SLR Worth more than you paid for it

This  is one of the  best Digital SLR camera available today having  10.2-megapixel DX-format imaging sensor for prints up to 20 x 30 inches.Nikon is always expert in  EXPEED image processing and in-camera image editing. It comes up SD/SDHC slot so it is another plus. you can  Choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures. It has slick look and zooming is amazing no blur at all.Nikon D3000 comes with Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens. This lens has a plastic mount, but the image quality and the light is recommendable.It is absolutely heaven for beginner becuase Nikon's Guide mode is a tutor for absolute beginner. It does a good job on helping you to set up the camera and also help you to get the best setting for particular kind of photography. For example, when you choose sports mode, it suggest you to set high shutter speed to eliminate motion blur. Only con is it  does not have 1/3 stops ISO increments, so you only can set ISO to the regular base level or 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 (HI). But you can leave with it for first time it should not matter.

I would give all 5 star for this camera.

ok SLR, but getting outdated

Would prefer one with a viewer that would show picture in screen prior to taking the picture. Difficult to experience the moment when looking through the eye viewer.

My pictures...Read complete review

My pictures with movement were blurry

Wonderful Digital Camera

from Everett, WA, USA

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

The Nikon D3000 is an easy-to-use, versatile camera that makes taking great pictures a snap. I've gotten wonderful pictures of birds and other hard-to-capture creatures with my D3000. I also like the versatility of this camera, giving me the option of lighting, flash, manual settings, as well as 'auto' of course for those moments when I haven't figured out what is needed.

The other lenses, zoom, macro, wide-angle, etc. are easy to switch out and use. Once the lens is switched, it fits securely on the camera with no chance of it falling off or being damaged. The telephoto lens I bought makes it possible to take pictures of birds in the treetops and to glimpse nature from a distance without disturbing it. The built-in flash is handy for low light situations and the strap is sturdy and reliable.

Image Quality
I have sold several photos that I have taken with this camera.

I almost always get clear, sharp photos with this camera.

Very easy to use. I mostly use 'auto' but the other settings aren't difficult to master either.

This is a durable camera but I am sure to carry it in a case unless I'm in the process of taking pictures.

Battery Life
The battery needs to be charged about once a month as I use it, but would be several times a week if I used it heavily. Thankfully there is a battery charger so I have never had to buy a new battery.

Portability
The strap makes it easy to carry and I also have a camera case, so this camera is very portable.

Great starter camera.

from Kansas

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

I received the Nikon D3000 a few years ago as a Christmas gift. I have owned a number of SLR camera's but I find this one to be one of my favorites. It is easy to use, takes great pictures, and does not have a huge price tag. This is the perfect SLR camera for beginners.

Image Quality
This camera takes high quality photos. You can simply point and click or you can mess with the settings to give the photos a little something special if you want. This camera shoots in low light settings, which is great.

High quality performance. I had my doubts about this camera due to the low price but it performs as well as more expensive cameras.

This is simple to use, and especially good for beginners. One feature that I find convenient are the editing features located directly on the camera. You can do red eye correction or add filters, quickly and easily.

I have had it for a number of years and it still works great. Mine came with a case, so I would really recommend getting one.

Portability
This is lightweight so it is easy to take anywhere.

Good starter camera

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

This was my first dSLR and it was a great help with the learning curve. Perfect for someone just starting out especially for the price point.

Image Quality
People were always impressed with the quality and didn't know it was a lower end dSLR.

Your SD card will have a lot to do with how fast the camera cycles through, so keep that in mind. The only downfall to this model is that it does not shoot in RAW, so it is not recommended for a professional shooter.

This camera has a full auto mode so you can point and shoot with it, or set it to full manual for complete customization. There are many modes in between if you want to use the focus but set things like your aperture or shutter speed. There is also a Guide Mode that will walk you through using the basic features.

I took this so many places, and took hundreds of thousands of photos of it and it still looked brand new. The display screen had very minimal scratches for not having a cover on it.

Battery Life
For normal use I would go a month without having to change my battery. Just be careful, when it get to low it goes quickly. Change it as soon as you get down to one bar so you aren't left stranded. Also, keep in mind that in camera editing and viewing will wear the battery life down much faster that just shooting.

Portability
It gets heavy after a full day of shooting, however I think just about anything you have strapped onto one side of your body would after 8 hours.
If you are going to take it on an all day tourist excursion I would suggest a backpack to carry it, in your purse or bag it will be bulky.

Great Starter DSLR Camera

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

All in all this was a great investment... I have had it for several years now and still love it. The built in setting make it easy to take great photos. The only down side if the need to look thru the viewfinder.... Other models use the digital display to show what the lens is seeing. Others also have the ability to do more rapid shooting.

Image Quality
The D3000 has great image quality.

The D3000 is easy for even the novice photographer to control. The easy to read settings dial makes choosing the ideal settings easy to achieve.

This is an investment, I certainly would not go throwing it against a wall, or even let my teenager use it. But I have bumped mine, and have had no issues. Its important to protect it well, as it it a fragile piece.

Battery Life
Battery is rechargeable and last a good while. I invested in a second battery to be sure I don't lose power mid event

Portability
Perfect for most occasions. I would not want to take it to an amusement park or the beach for a day out. However, it is perfect for sporting events, school plays, family holidays, & the photographer in us all

Great as a Beginner DSLR Camera

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

While I was shopping for my first DSLR, I took a few things into account. I was already familiar shooting in PSAM, and knew I wanted to shoot landscape, wildlife, and travel photography. I was also on a budget, and realistically did not need video capability. I ended up getting a great deal on the D3000 and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Image Quality
Although 10.2MP may scare off a few people (most point-and-shoots are usually over 12MP these days), it's all about the sensor. Straight out of the camera, the images seem too under-saturated, and I usually have to do post-processing in Photoshop to correct this.

For my specific needs, the camera work flawlessly most of the time. However, I have photographed high school basketball games, and it can prove to be a challenge. The ISO is limited and shows quite a bit of noise. However, landscape photography basically requires a tripod, therefore the ISO can be kept at 100-200, and images come out tack sharp.

As a beginner camera, the buttons and dials aren't to hard to get a hold of. The only part that is somewhat annoying is navigating through the menus. On the bright side, deleting a picture only takes 2 pushes of a button.

Thankfully, I haven't had any accidents with the camera yet. As long as you take basic care of the unit, it should be fine for years to come. I would recommend a neck strap or R-strap, to avoid accidentally dropping it, along with a good camera bag.

Battery Life
Battery life is GREAT. I rarely have to worry about running low on battery, and will usually last me a few days of moderate shooting.

Portability
The D3000 is somewhat of a small camera. Although it may not be as pocket-able as a point-and-shoot, it's not all that difficult to carry around while traveling.

• Portability:

Love My Nikon D3000 Camera!

from Springboro, OH

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

After weeks of researching DSLR cameras, I decided on the Nikon D3000 and couldn't be happier. The Nikon D3000 Camera is an awesome entry level SLR camera. The camera has an easy to use guide mode to help beginners capture the best picture possible. I am amazed at how much better the picture quality is than my Nikon point and shoot.

Image Quality
The picture quality is amazing and I am still learning how to use all the features. Many of pictures look professional, in fact we recently had family pictures taken and the photographer was using a Nikon D3000.

I find the Nikon's auto mode to be very intuitive and the camera offers excellent manual functions as well.

My six year old son can be pretty rough on this camera when he is using it and it held up great to his abuse.

ok SLR, but getting outdated

from Fowler, MI

My pictures with movement were blurry

LOVE our Nikon D3000

from Austin, TX

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

My husband and I had been wanting to upgrade from our run of the mill point and click camera...So, when we had our baby girl we new it was time to upgrade. We did our research and selected the Nikon D3000 and it was NOT a mistake. We love it so much and it has really captured all of those special life moments!!

Image Quality
great! i use it for standard pictures, but my husband also plays around with all the fun features

takes great photos

fantastic

really good - we keep in a case, but it holds up and transports well

Battery Life
we havent had any problems with the battery

carries easily

• Portability:

The Most Amazing Camera Ever!!!

from Hattiesburg, MS

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

I have enjoyed every second I have owned this camera! From the quality of the pictures to the durability, it is the best camera I have ever owned.

Image Quality
High Quality....makes me look like a professional photographer with just one click!

From laymen to professionals....anyone can operate this camera and get high quality photographs. The pictures this camera produces are amazing, clear and picture perfect.

With two minor children who love to take pictures too, this camera has taken a few beatings. Its been dropped, bumped into everything and yet it maintains its durability..

Battery Life
I've accidently left this camera on for an extended period of time and been very surprised to see the battery still ready for action!

• Portability:

Taking it to the next level...

Comments about Nikon - D3000 Digital Camera:

I got my Nikon d3000 as a way to take my photography to the next level while "starting small". It's been a wonderful camera to tinker with while I figure out more and more about photography. It's been great with capturing my little nephews that were always on the go, sports games, and higher quality photos of friends and family. It's gone everywhere with me since I got it-for a SLR camera it's pretty lightweight so it has been on a lot of adventures already. It's been a great tool to help me learn and experiment.

so great for beginners-it was my first SLR and so easy to learn it's function.