Other Digital Cameras:
Nikon - D100 Digital Camera

Nikon - D100 Digital Camera

Great camera

Comments about Nikon - D100 Digital Camera:

I married into this camera and my husban has not seen it since! I love taking pictures with this camera and playing with all of the settings. You will want to know something about photography to get the most out of it. I know there are a lot of great cameras that have come out since with insanely better resolution capabilities but I have not seen a need to change up what isn't broken. I hope to one day get some better lenses which I know will greatly increase my phtographing experience. Until then I am happy with all that this one can do. If I want to just snap some shots and not lug this along I use my phone, but for most of my photography this is what I break out.

Some features were difficult to figure out initially, but that's what a manual is for, right!

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great, easy to use camera for an amateur photographer

from Dunedin, FL

Comments about Nikon - D100 Digital Camera:

The Nikon D100 is a great camera for the amatuer photographer who enjoys taking pictures and does so as a hobby.  The camera is easy to use and the 6.1 megapixel produces 3,008 x 2,000-pixel images which is great for cropping or printing out pictures for large projects.  I enjoy the fact that the modes include Maunal, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Program so you can get as technical as you like or let the camera do all of the work.  Other features include Autofocus with Focus Tracking and Lock-on, Built-in Speedlight, Continous Shooting (3 frame/s (6 frame buffer)), various white balance options, 10 sensor matrix meter, and top shutter speed of 1/4,000s and flash sync speed up to 1/180s.  I recommend getting the optional vertical grip equiped with an additional Li-on Battery, voice recorder, and vertical controls.  In addition the D100 uses changable lens from the following manufacturers: Nikon, Tameron, and Signima. The LCD screen is small in comparison to the newer DSLR models; however, for the quality and price the sacrifice is worth it and to compensate photos can be zoomed in to view the finer details.