4.1

Pros

Cons

I wanted to love it

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

I got this for a Christmas present. I wanted a camera to fit in my purse so I could take pictures of my kids at ball games or dance performances. And it does fit in my purse. But so far about half of the pictures I've taken are blurry. If anybody moves they blur. I have tried changing the setting but am still having trouble with it. It does work better than the camera on my phone and I can zoom so I guess it is satisfactory.

• Portability:

Great starter camera, perfect size to carry in purse!

from Indiana

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

It's the perfect beginners camera. If your looking for an inexpensive camera yet does the job well than this would be your camera. I notice with this camera if you take quick pictures they sometimes come out blurry also if someone moves. It doesn't always have the best lighting i have had several pictures come out blue and i was in good lighting. Also a year into the camera the battery compartment broken so every time you use it you have to hold that down. It does suck up a lot of battery life if you don't buy the more expensive batteries.

Image Quality
They sometimes come out blurry or different colors.

It does the job.

Has a whole bunch of awesome settings for taking whichever picture.

battery door not built good, mine broke and I am very good with handling my cameras and taking care of them.

Battery Life
It really depends on what kind of batteries you are using. Wish this camera came with rechargable battery.

Portability
sizing is perfect. Fits in your purse no problem with the case.

Great for an amateur

from House Springs, MO

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

Great product, as with all Nikon equipment. Although my smartphone takes higher quality pictures now. It was given to me as a gift, to tempt me away from film cameras. It's great if you don't want to deal with film, and don't mind lower quality pictures. I still prefer my Nikon film camera.

Image Quality
Megapixel size is outdated, my smartphone has better quality after only owning a year.

it works perfectly, the quality of image just isn't as good as expected.

standard point and shoot with zoom features.

Battery Life
Battery seems to be dead everytime I try to use it, but thats not often. Guess it drains when not in use.

Portability
small and compact, easily portable in a purse or small case.

great

from Aberdeen, WA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

this is a great camera light and easy to use.

takes great images

very good performance

easy to use even my 6 yr old can use it .

very durable and tough

Battery Life
last for a long time before needing recharging

Portability
light weight and not to big

Good Gift For a teen..

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera for christmas last year when my camera stoped working. It was a great deal for this 12mp 4x zoom camera. The sleek size makes it easy to fit into your pocket to go anywhere, while it's large LCD screen makes it easy to view your pictures. I love that it comes with a lithium ion battery, easy to charge and go. The battery holds it's life through all that i throw at it. As a mother of three i'm always taking pictures of them doing something.

The controls are pretty simple to use, the zoom button is on top and is also used to zoom in on pictures you have already taken. There is a menu button (where you set all of your camera's settings), trash button, LCD view button, and a camera mode ( which has sub menus for Auto mode, Scene mode, a smart portrait, subject tracking, and video) button on the back, as well as the flash, white balance, micro and timer buttons.

The only thing that i do not like about this camera is the fact that i have to have the flash on at all times or the pictures come out blurry, other than that i would recoment this camera to anyone. The pictures come out clean, and you can blow them up to hang on the wall.

Great Pictures, Easy to Use!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

This camera has not let me down so far! It is very user-friendly and produces very high quality pictures. The pictures do not come too washed out or blurry. If you're looking for an easy to use point-and-shoot camera, this is the one for you. It is a small camera; however, the display in the back is not small. It shows you a sample of your images on a big enough screen you can see. Also, the flash on the camera is not too bright like some cameras that make your skin color look washed out. The battery that comes with the camera is a lithium ion battery so you don't have to worry about changing any batteries. The CD that comes with the camera allows you to transfer pictures easily from your camera to your computer. It is also easy to use. The only small problem that I've seen with the camera is you have to wait a little while (maybe a few seconds than you're used to) for the pictures to record onto the memory stick. Other than that I am truly happy with my purchase so far!

The Nikon Coolpix S205 Digital Camera takes AMAZING pictures!

from Florence, KY

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S205 Digital Camera:

I bought this Nikon Coolpix S205 Digital Camera for my little sister as a Christmas present, and I promise you, every time I use it, I think about being a bully and taking it back to use for myself! :p  This digital camera is a very pretty shade of red, and is also very slim.  It fits in any pocket of mine and hers, and she likes to wear the skinny jeans, so it's definitely a good size if it fits in those pockets!  The casing has a nice solid aluminum feel to it, and it feels like it has a lot of "deluxe" design behind it's concepts!  The large LCD viewing screen on the back makes it real nice when you're taking pictures, no more having to look through a small clear window and hopefully get a picture of what you want.  It also uses a standard SD card for the memory, which is the most used memory card for digital cameras, which helps out greatly with digital picture frams, and even most laptops and computers.  If you're looking for a good digital camera, this is not it.  If you're looking for a GREAT digital camera, this IS it! :)