Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Nikon Coolpix P310 Digital Camera

Nikon Coolpix P310 Digital Camera

Great substitute for when you can't carry your DSLR

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Nikon Coolpix P310 Digital Camera:

I can't carry my DSLR everywhere (too big, heavy, and attention-getting), so I was pleased to find an affordable alternative in this Nikon Coolpix P310.

Image Quality
One problem I always have is dark or blurry photos in low-light situations. This model reduces the problem quite a bit. I have been very pleased with my results. I also appreciate the built-in wide-angle lens that improves my landscape photos.

For a camera of its type and class, I think this camera does very well. I wish I'd gotten one much earlier! In a few years, when it's time to replace this one, I'll certainly be looking for something similar.

Battery Life
Not sure if this a problem with my camera specifically, but when the camera is hooked up to my computer (via USB), the battery indicator always shows 100%, even if the battery is dead. Makes it a bit difficult to gauge how much recharging is necessary at any given time. However, I use the camera frequently and find the battery life more than enough for my needs.

It's larger and heavier than the average person could carry around in a pocket (I would have preferred for it to be a little shorter length-wise), but in situations where it would be awkward to tote around a DSLR, this camera is obviously less ostentatious and easier to stow away in a purse or bag.

• Image Quality: