Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

The AWESOME Nikon Coolpix L22 Digital Camera ROCKS!!

I received this camera as an unexpected gift after my dear friend discovered that I was so incredibly heartbroken over not being able to afford to buy a good camera.  I never expected the gift, but I was even more surprised when, after taking the best pictures I've ever taken in my entire life, I discovered the incredibly LOW price of this camera.  Now, I'm an amateur photographer, but I've been obsessed with taking pics for about 30 years.  I own a very expensive SLR Film camera, but haven't used it in years because of the expense of developing the film.  My disappointment with digital cameras has, at times, brought me close to tears during important moments, such as my son's graduation.  These are memories that we can NOT duplicate, and we can't replace!!  It's vital that the pics we take--that are so incredibly meaningful to us--are vivid, true to life, and beautiful!!  And I am so happy to say that I've gotten more than I ever dreamed possible in a little pocket camera from this amazing Nikon Coolpix L22.  This camera is small and cute, but it wouldn't matter one bit if the pics weren't quality.  So I can tell you that I have never, ever been more excited by any gift I've ever received as I am with this Nikon camera.  My pictures ROCK!!  The auto settings are easy to use, and take incredibly beautiful pictures--and I don't have to know everything there is to know about taking pics to use it.  I can hand it to my 10 year old and his pics are just as gorgeous as mine (which is awesome, cause he's excited about this camera now too!).  But I can also change the settings if I want to, and it's very easy to do.  I'm just astounded by what this little camera is able to do.  It takes awesome, professional quality photos.  I can use it for videos, too (it's so easy to change over to this mode of shooting it's unbelievable!) and the video and audio are insane!  I can't believe how beautiful the videos turn out.

This camera comes in several color choices (mine is dark red--pretty!), takes AA batteries (you can decide if you want regular batteries or rechargeable ones), a USB cable so you can hook it directly to your computer or laptop, A Software Suite, Quick Start Guide, User's Manual on CD-Rom, and a limited warranty.  Features include 12.0 Megapixels, 3.0 LCD for viewing, 3.6 Optical Zoom (as well as digital zoom), Vibration Reduction, Easy Auto Mode, and more.  It's compatible with your PC or Mac, and has several different language settings.

It's easy to adjust your camera mode, there are so many of them, it's crazy.

But I have to say that one of the things that really excites me is that NIKON has an amazing online learning community, which really gives you the opportunity to take your digital photography to a whole new level--IF that's what you want to do.  The nice thing is that you DON"T have to spend time trying to figure this little piece of technology out--they've made it so easy--yet they give you the OPTIONS to continue educating yourself if you so choose.  I mean, first you have your camera, and of course you want to be able to use all of the bellls and whistles, so they give you that information.  Then, they give you tons of info about taking pictures--like lighting, setting up pictures, how to take pics of kids, or how to take pictures of landscapes or flowers or even bugs.  THEN, you have the option of taking your awesome pictures and making them even greater with the software, which they provide ooodles and oooodles of information on.  Of course, they teach you the basics, but then they again give you MORE, so that you can keep learning.  So there are basically 3 basic aspects of digital photography, which I didn't really realize before, and NIKONUSA.COM provides all there is to know about all of it.

Then, on top of THAT, they have an online community  that provides photo storage and photo sharing service, which I actually JUST discovered, and haven't had a chance to check out yet, but you can bet I will!

I have used products from MANY difference photography companies--all of the big names that we all know.  But I can honestly say that I have never been so amazed by what I have in this little camera.  I honestly can't imagine that I could possibly get better pictures with a bigger or more expensive camera, which is pretty astounding.  But you can bet that I am no a part of the NIKON family, and I intend to remain loyal from here on out.  I believe in this product, and I believe in this company, now that I've seen what they've done to make it possible for me to capture my precious memories in such a beautiful way.  I will never leave another important function with tears in my eyes because I was unable to take good pictures.  Now I'll always have confidence every time I snap a shot, knowing that it's going to turn out great!!

Love My Nikon - Coolpix

We love our new camera! Our other one was 5 years old and photo sites were starting to tell me our quality of pics where no longer good enough to make certain items so we thought it was time for an upgrade. Love the large screen and so far the pics look awesome. The screen is over twice the size of our old screen.  Has the date and time feature that I love because I like knowing when the picture was taken.  I do wish there was software out there that would take the date off of the actual picture sometimes for when you want to use it in a project.  It doesn't always look so nice to have a bright yellow date stamp on a photo.  We are going to have to buy a bigger SD card. In our old camera the card would hold almost 500 pics and now only will hold 120 but with higher mega-pixels this is to be expected! Not sure on battery life yet but so far so good. We use rechargeable for items like this anyways! I love the color as well. My sister in law picked the red one just for me because she knew I would love it!

blurry

broken after 1 week

read the manual and still didn't fix the problem!

broken after 1 week

drained batteries fast

Portability
just like any other camera

Great compact camera

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera to use primarily as my travel camera and I am glad I did. I love it very much. It takes great pictures on the go and is small enough to keep in my purse at all times. I love that it had various colors to choose from, I purchased the blue version of this camera. It offers a twelve megapixel resolution and has a three times zoom. It is capable of handling all my travel photo needs, producing quality pictures that I can share and enjoy regularly. This camera has an LCD screen on the back for viewing pictures on the go as well which is important tome because I can get a little picture happy and carried away filling up my memory card too soon and find the need to sort through my pictures to delete some before I am able to make it home to transfer them all. The battery life is very good compared to some other cameras I have had experiences with in the past. It takes double A batteries which is another plus because they can be easily replaced even if you forget to bring your own, readily available at most stores. This camera also features sixteen picture modes from which you can choose the best set up for the scene you are taking pictures of.

Touch and shoot.

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

Whether using the viewfinder to take shots, or the LCD touchscreen, this camera is error proof. It has features that allow you to modify lighting, change the setting for weather or poor lighting, and allows for optimal zoom. It is easy to operate, and even a novice can take great shots using this camera.

Image Quality
Resolution is excellent. With a 15 X zoom option, you can capture the most finite details, in any image you are taking, regardless of lighting or surrounding circumstances.

It does take a few seconds longer than other digital cameras to capture a photo. Other than this, it captures crisp shots, allows you to shoot in any condition, and has great point and shoot options, or allows you to set different modes, for the type of image you want to capture.

The camera is error free. Additionally, you can use the viewfinder or you can go with the touchscreen for perfect shots.

The body is not as rugged as other cameras. This said, I only use it for daily images, or safe areas (no water, adverse weather, etc), so it suits its purpose.

Battery Life
I can literally go weeks without charging, even if used daily. It has excellent battery life.

Portability
It is lightweight, small enough to carry in your pocket, and has a solid frame so you can use it nearly anywhere.

Cheap but Works Decently

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

This camera has its flaws, but for anyone looking for a basic digital camera, this is one that I like. The camera was the first digital camera that I bought. I found it to be really easy to use, and I liked the awesome color. It was easy to see through the viewer. The biggest issue I had was the delay in snapping the picture... It usually caused me to miss the image that I really wanted. As far as the picture quality, it is decent. Do not expect the camera to provide pictures you would see in a photography studio, but there are a lot worse out there.
The camera is cheap to purchase, so that is definitly another benefit.

Image Quality
Not bad, but not amazing.

To date this is one of the easiest cameras that I have ever tried to use.

I have dropped this camera and it still works fine, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing that.

Battery Life
Battery did not last long at all!

Portability
Camera is small in size so it is very easy to carry around with you wherever you go.

Very great consumer product

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

As a Media Production's major and Photographer, I have come across a ton of cameras. However, the Nikon Coolpix L22 digital camera speaks for itself. I enjoyed everything about this camera. When I first purchased it, I went to the park to test it's quality. The pictures were clear and crisp. It almost looks like a snap shot out of a magazine. This camera can almost compete with the industry standard. It is very simple to use, but requires batteries as opposed to a wall outlet charged batter pack. You can record videos as well as take pictures. I love the sports mode because the images shot in this mode looks very professional. The camera itself is very slim and sleek. You can fit it in almost any decent pocket size or purse. I love it!

Image Quality
The image quality is great. Very clear images each time.

Very simple to use. Just point and click or select a mode to shoot within.

Battery Life
The only downside to this camera is that you have to buy batteries every time they die as opposed to using a wall outlet to charge a batter pack.

Portability
Very portable, sleek, slim, grab and go camera.

Great camera.

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I have owned this digital camera for multiple years and I love it! I have taken it with me on multiple trips all over the world. It has taken excellent photographs everywhere I have gone. The quality of pictures this camera takes is awesome. My photos all look amazing. It has a great variety of settings and features too. You can change the settings to take all kinds of different pictures with this. I have owned this camera for about 6 years and it is still working great for me. I would highly recommend this product.

Image Quality
I have taken pictures all over the world with this camera and my pictures look great. It takes really high quality photos.

I have had no issues with this camera or its performance.

It is incredibly easy to use. Taking your basic picture is extremely simple. There are a lot of features on the camera. You have to do your research to be able to use all of them simply.

I have owned this camera for six years and it is still going strong.

Good Digital Camera

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I bought the Nikon Coolpix digital camera a couple years ago. Our digital camera we had stopped working and we were about to go on vacation, so I decided to shop for a new digital camera. We had two cannon digital cameras before buying the Nikon Coolpix camera. Both cannon cameras we had stopped working after 2 years, so I decided to give the Nikon Coolpix digital camera a try. The picture quality on the Nikon Coolpix was very good quality. Although, the camera had good picture quality I stopped using it after a few times. The camera had a few seconds delay after snapping the picture, so I usually missed the shot I originally wanted to snap. I thought maybe I had it on a picture delay at first, but when I checked the camera setting it said that the picture delay was off. So I ended up just using my phones camera instead, because the missing of my intended picture shot started becoming too frustrating.

Image Quality
The Nikon Coolpix L22 digital camera had good picture quality.

The camera had a few seconds delay while trying to snap a picture, which becomes frustrating after a few missed picture shots.

Really great camera

from Woodburn, IN

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I got this camera after I accidentally killed my first Nikon. I love the charging battery instead of having to constantly buy batteries. It takes great pictures and is pretty easy to maneuver. Much easier than my old one.

Image Quality
It takes nice pictures. Sometimes they come out a little grainy but I think it's cause of lighting or movement. But it's better than a mobile phone.

It does very well. It takes a little to figure out on the shutter button how long to press it for it to focus completely on what it's taking. A little annoying but not a big deal. The menu is easy and if you've owned a Nikon before it's no different except maybe some added options. I also like the sleep mode and how long a charge lasts a while.

Like I said, pretty easy especially if you've owned a Nikon before. It's great for beginners or if you just need a camera for those special moments.

It seems to be a good quality camera. I'm afraid of dropping it like any other camera but I know it won't shatter if it drops on carpet or grass. It also stays well in a crowded purse with no case, but I would recommend getting one.

Battery Life
The battery seems to stay well. It doesn't drain as long as it's off and lasts for how long I need it. I've even turned it on after weeks of not being used or charged and it still has life, whereas my camera before would be dead with AA batteries.

Portability
Compact and can fit in your pocket. Even in a case it doesn't take up much space and can be taken wherever you want with you.

• Portability:

Nice camera for the pricepoint

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I have an expensive (and wonderful) digital camera. However, I was going on a mission trip and wanted to have an inexpensive yet still decent camera to take with me to get some good shots. After reading reviews and checking prices, I settled on the Nikin Cookpix. I was very pleased with the quality of the pictures considering the fairly low price. It is very easy to use, it fits in your pocket and the battery/power life is pretty good. It really works best with outdoor photography with a medium amount of light. I did have a few issues with indoor or dark photography but the pictures were still fairly decent. Overall, this is perfect for a second camera or one to take places like the beach, amusement park or other trips where you don't want to bring an expensive camera.

Image Quality
I was impressed with the quality considering the price. It won't take pictures that you can blow up into poster size materpieces, but it is great for quick snapshots.

Since this is a basic camera, there are limitations, but they are expected with the price you are paying.

Because of the simplicty of the camera, this is one of the easiest cameras to use. There are minimal settings, so it is pretty much just a plop in the media card, point and shoot.

I dropped mine, had it banged around in a purse and it was even stepped on and it still worked like a charm. I am really surprised how well it holds up.

Portability
This is one of the most portable cameras out there. It easily fits in a pocket or into a small purse which means you can take it with you anywhere!

Great Starter Camera

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

The Nikon COOLPIX L22 was my very first digital camera to ever own. At the time, it was a gift from a coworker since I was planning to move overseas, and she knew I'd have some great photo ops. This was before I really knew much about photography, and looking back, I can't believe how amazing some of my photos turned out.
This camera performs really well for being a point and click shot. I had it for two years but took way more photos than the average person.
I was teaching English in China at the time. Every semester, I had each of my classes over in groups to my apartment to play games and practice their English. I took multiple pictures of each group of students several times a week. Additionally, I took scenic photos and other shots for a monthly paper newsletter and weekly email updates. I definitely put this camera through the ringer.
After about two years, I noticed that it was significantly slower and that my photos were not nearly as sharp. I honestly don't know that lifespan of a digital camera, but this was did great.
All of the feature were so easy to use and the menus were pretty easy to navigate. Of course there are additional features that I wished it had, but overall, it performed quite well. I love the lightweight, portable aspect.

Image Quality
They were less sharp as time went on, probably because of overuse.

It got slower due to overuse as well.

Just Average

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera:

I bought the Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera for my mother a few Christmases ago, but I wound up using it more other than she did. I love the Nikon brand, and have experiences with their DSLR cameras. The Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera is much more convenient to carry around and throw in a purse. It takes pretty good quality photographs in well-lit areas, like the outdoors where it is sunny. The quality seems to decrease in poorly lit rooms. Overall, compared to the other Nikon DSLR cameras, the quality was decent, but nowhere near as good as their DSLRs. Also, compared to other point and shoot cameras, the quality was lacking. My biggest complaint is the battery power. The Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera requires two double “A” batteries. The camera drained the batteries very quickly, especially if I was using the flash. So I suggest using rechargeable batteries. I also found that the batteries would drain even if I was not using the camera. Overall, the Nikon COOLPIX L22 Digital Camera is a pretty good camera for the price, but I would recommend spending a little bit more for a better quality camera.