Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Nikon
Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera

Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera

So glad that I bought it.

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

This camera like all Nikon products are excellent they take great photos and have so many great features. You never want to stop taking pictures and learning new things. I love Nikon. I am so glad that I bought this camera. I was told that I was able to take pictures that not even a pro has been able to capture of a moving target.

Image Quality
The image quality is great in all different types of light and the more that you play with it and learn about all the different features the better.

it is a great performance camera. There is still more that i have to learn about it but I like it a lot.

It is very easy to use and the camera has so many different features that the more you use it the easier it gets.

I have mine stored in a hard case and I am very careful anyway with anything that I buy but, I think that it is great like anything you don't want to abuse it.

Battery Life
The battery does run down the more use it but, you just have to keep a watch out on it and charge it especially if you are using it for something important.

Portability
It is very easy to carry and it even can fit into a purse. I have it in a case that you can clip onto your belt. I love it very much.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great little camera

from Benton, KY

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

I'm not really that big into photography, I just need a camera I could easily take a few pictures with!

Since I run a blog, I tend to need images of the products I'm blogging about. My phone worked, but I wanted a dedicated camera I could get better quality images with, plus figured it'd be nice to have one around the house.

It does such a great job that I find myself using it much more than I ever imagined!

Image Quality
On the camera I thought the images looked very blurry, but once I uploaded them they are fantastic and better than I could've hoped for!

I'm still learning all of the functions, but it's so easy to just point and shoot!

I've not had any issues!

Battery Life
Since I don't use it all that much, I've noticed it holds a decent charge when not used! When I DO have it out and being used regularly, it hasn't died on me.

Portability
I love the small size! It's just small enough I can put it in my pocket.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

This Nikon Coolpix S630 was great when I first got it.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

I got this camera for Christmas in 2009. It was pretty new then and really expensive. It worked good at the time for what I needed it for. The 12 mega pixels was such an upgrade from the 5 mega pixel I had before it. It has great zoom and I love all the options it has for different types of pictures and different settings depending on your lighting. I just started using this camera for still shots of my 9 month old. When I use it on the normal settings and 'smile' settings the pictures come out great, but now that my daughter is more active and crawling, I have to use the 'sport' setting to catch that "quick smile" and those come out really badly! The pictures are really grainy and dark even when I have good lighting! If the camera didn't take so long to actually take the picture (it flashes like 3 times before it actually snaps the photo) I wouldn't have to use the sport setting. I will probably up grade now that my needs have changed. Otherwise this is a good camera!

fun, non-professional camera!

from New York, NY

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

For someone looking for a non-professional, easy-to-use, simple yet effective and fun camera, you cannot beat this Nikon for the price it can be found!

Pro's:

1) very easy to use. nothing too technical about it yet it gives you fantastic picture quality. if you are more of a tecchie, you can choose various settings (even those are straightforward: action, sports, night-time, etc), to try to maximize the camera's ability

2) easy uploading. tho most computers now have SD card slots, even if you don't, you are in luck with this Nikon since you can use a mini-USB and plug right in

3) for such a compact digital camera, the zoom is very decent. rarely, do i find myself limited by the zoom

4) its hard to beat this price for a quality digital camera

Con's:

1) Do not like how you have to keep the camera console as a whole charged in while trying to charge the camera unlike other cameras that simply let you remove the battery for charging

Great picture quality and easy to use!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

I love this camera! The first thing I noticed after I bought it was how great the pictures were! It is very easy to use and very portable. I had a Cannon powershot before and I like the coolpix better. This camera takes quicker pictures so I don't miss anything. I have 2 young daughters and it is hard to get a good picture of them since they are constantly on the move. The coolpix has no delay.

Great pics and easy to use

from Waterbury, CT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

I bought this Nikon coolpix s630 as a replacement digital camera.  I found it very easy to use and I am enjoying learning about its features.  I recently came home from a vacation and have found that most of my pictures were very nice.  Although still learning, I am very happy with this camera and feel confident that I will see some great results

Great picture quality

from Keller, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

I like this camera very much.  It takes great pictures.  One of my favorites features is if someone blinks the camera catches it so you know to take another one.  The only con is that it is slow taking pictures; I will press the button and it takes a couple of seconds before it actually takes the photo...a little frustrating sometimes especially since I have a two year old.  Overall for the money the picture is great.

Sleek Camera

from Logan, UT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S630 Digital Camera:

This camera is sleek and small. It is a perfect size for my purse and with the different colors you can get it in...you won't loose it in your purse!

I love that it has 12 megapixles and it did not cost me much more than an 8 or 10 megapixel camera. For as fast as they update things like this, I want to get the most for my money!

It has a rechargable battery so I wont be paying for more batteries down the line.

I am normally an SLR girl, but needed something that would be easier to have on the go, after all I have three beautiful kids to take pictures of!