Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

A nice camera for the cost

First, I should say that I got this camera in a Black Friday deal, so it was a really good buy.  It was a lot cheaper than many of the lower models in the coolpix series.  But even if I had to pay a little more for it, I think I would.  It's a pretty great camera.

The screen display is large and clear and easy to see.  It does better in bright light conditions than my previous camera. I have been very satisfied with the quality of the photos.  In fact, I actually lowered the default resolution so I could get more pictures on my memory card.  One of the big perks for me is that is uses the SD memory cards, just like my old camera.  Unlike my old camera, though, this one is small and thin.  It fits in my pocket, which is really helpful when I take my kids outside in the yard.  It was awesome on our recent trip to Disneyworld- we didn't have to haul around a huge camera bag to get good photos.

Probably because I take it everywhere, the screen on my camera is already scratched a bit. I do recommend a protector of some sort.

The other feature I like is the "scene" modes it offers.  There are scene settings for everything from sunset or snow to food.  I've found each of these scene settings to be a vast improvement over what I would try to take if I set it up myselsf. The Coolpix *could* take better action shots, though, especially since sometimes there can be quite a delay from the time you push the button until the shot is taken.

I like taking and editing LOTS of pictures- for my family, for scrapbooking, and for my blog.  But I don't have the money to get a super fancy camera. The Coolpix S570 has been a nice inexpensive option.

Decent product

This product has some nice features -- big display, good resolution, good optical zoom, and a lot of picture modes. It can also capture video, and the battery life is decent. However, it's not very quick. It takes a while for it to auto-focus, and it takes a while for it to capture a picture. If I were in the market for a point-and-shoot digital camera, I would probably look for something else.

Image Quality
The resolution of the camera is very good. It has very good optical zoom, and also has digital zoom.

The camera is sometimes slow to auto-focus and capture images. This is most noticeable in low-light situations.

Some of the controls are quirky to access, but generally speaking, it's easy to adjust the flash, zoom, and take a picture.

Battery Life
The battery life is good. It comes with a battery and charger, though they are proprietary.

Portability
The camera is very portable. It fits easily in a pocket. It comes with a wrist strap.

Good camera - not that expensive

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

We bought this camera for my mother about 6 years ago. We purchased it fairly cheaply online. She is not very technically-savvy, but easily learned how to operate this camera. She has used it for every holiday and occasion for the past 6 years. The camera is cute, compact, and easily fits inside of a purse (even a small one). The photos are good quality (not photographer quality by any means), but better than most cell phones. You can easily download the photos to a computer the old fashioned way (with a USB cord). The storage is pretty good. All these years later, the camera is still going strong. She keeps it in a small cloth case to protect it from damage, but it has been dropped without causing any problems. I would recommend this as a first digital camera for teenagers or older people who want something fairly basic. It's hard to break, and it will last a long time, plus the price is probably even better now than it was when I bought it.

• Portability:

Just an average point and shoot.

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix S570 Digital Camera was just an average camera in my opinion. It has a decent amount of features on the camera, and allows you to take video as well, but the footage and pictures weren't high quality, they were just average. This camera allows you to change the color effect from regular, to sepia, to vivid, and you can change it to black and white as well. There is one other color effect also but I can not recall the name of it at this moment. The best part of this camera is the "burst mode" which will take up to five photos in a row to try to ensure you capture that perfect picture. I think in order to do this effectively, they need to up the total amount of shots in burst mode to a minimum of ten shots. The battery doesn't last as long as I hoped for, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't work around. The camera was also really easy to use, and it was easy to tote around as well.

Every time I dropped it, it got a dent.

Great little camera

from Greer, SC

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

This is an excellent camera! I purchased this as a slight upgrade from my other Nikon when it died because of old age. This camera has a large viewing window and is really simple to use. It has a rechargeable battery which does save from having to buy a ton of batteries like my older one and does save some money from that as well although it is harder because you can't keep extras in the carrying case. The options are straight forward and it's easy enough that my 3-year-old can point and shoot with it (of course she's supervised). I think the battery life is pretty good and the camera itself is really durable. The camera is small too and is very portable. It even has a wrist strap that is convenient for when you need your hands free. I have really enjoyed having this camera over the past couple years. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality inexpensive digital camera.

• Portability:

Great small camera, color could be better

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

I purchased this small digital camera for portability - something to travel with, when I didn't want to bring a large camera around. The Nikon Coolpix S570 is a small, easy-to-use digital camera, great for amateur photographers. It has an image-type selection button as most digital cameras, letting you quickly switch from fast-action to scenery to night photograph quality. I feel that the battery could last longer - even after giving it a full charge, the next day it dies far too quickly. I like to go on long hikes and bring this along, but I'm always worrying about the battery dying - I plan on purchasing a second battery to bring along. The image sharpness is almost too sharp, sometimes painful to look at, especially when the flash is used - I tend to keep the automatic flash off to avoid painted-like images results. But overall, this is a compact, great little camera, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to take a few quick shots.

Long lasting

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

I received this has a gift from someone who upgraded on their camera and no longer wanted their Nikon coolpix about a little over a year ago. I was so used to disposable cameras and hardly took pictures to begin with so it didn't even matter what kind of camera I had, at least at the time it didn't. But if there's one thing I thrive to do it's saving money. Given how long this camera has lasted and how worn it is I feel I've done just that.

Image Quality
The quality is great, crystal clear and well defined. Though blurry pictures are easy to take it seems if I'm not careful or time a picture taking well. Much better quality than the pictures my smartphone takes.

I don't treat my camera with the up most care I know I should. I always just throw it in my purse full of random objects or toss it aside on my dresser. Can't even think to being how many times I've dropped it. However there's yet to be one malfunction or dent or scratch from my camera.

Battery Life
If I use this camera for a all day event, such like going to the zoo and take plenty of pictures, I definitely have to recharge it at the end of the day. However being able to constantly take pictures all day it a bonus.

Portability
Fits right in my purse and is very light, love being able to have it on me at all times.

Decent product

from Stoughton, WI

• Portability:

Good starter camera for a teenager

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

We bought this camera for a teenager going on a trip abroad. It is easy to use, but takes wonderful photos. The price point was appropriate, in case the camera was lost or stolen abroad.

Image Quality
This Nikon camera take crisp photos without being a professional photographer.

Photos are easy to take from the beginning. The directions are very basic.

For a teenager on the run, this camera is extremely easy to use.

It's a sensitive piece of equipment; always use care.

Battery Life
Battery life will go down if the camera is left idling for awhile, despite its auto shut-off features. Taking more flash photos will also degrade the battery life.

Portability
Portability is much easier if one purchases a shoulder camera strap bag to house the camera.

Simple Nikon

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

It is slick. I like that NIkon has many different colors, so you get a color that fits your personality. The directions are easy to follow. It has many different functions that are very useful. It allows you have the freedom of manual or auto on flashes, backlight, etc.. It has a micro zoom allowing you to get great photos on small items. Also, it is also able to film in HD.

My daughter loves this.

from Steger, IL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

Takes awesome pictures and easily transfers from the camera to the computer. Love the color and pictures look great. The camera is very sleek and very stylish. My younger daughter wants to use it all the time and the portability is great.

Battery Life
Depends on the batteries you use.

Fits right in my pocket

Good camera, good quality

from Arlington Heights, IL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S570 Digital Camera:

This camera is great for the casual photographer. Its lightweight, and durable enough to throw in your bag. The best part is the shutter time. It takes pictures fast, so you are able to capture animals, babies, kids, etc before they change positions or move. I also like the color choices that are offered. The screen is large and the image quality is good. Its very easy to use