Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Good all around point and shoot camera

Let me begin by saying right up front that I am not the tech person. I have to ask my granddaughter to program my cell phone so if you are looking for the technical things than I suggest you read that little book that comes with the camera. What I want to share is the quality of the pictures and how easy it is to use this camera.

Image Quality
The photos are a good quality and this camera was a replacement camera for a simple point and shoot camera that I had dropped on the payment and now leaks light. The Nikon is a brand that I trust and the coolpix 530 is a good little camera

You can take a second or third picture without much time in between. It snaps and lights up quickly where my other camera waited a second or two and I had a lot of nothing shots as a result. This camera is quite a bit different and to be honest if you want to know the details of how a camera works than I am not the person to ask. What I can tell you is for the price it's a great camera. I have owned both pocket size and the SLR -like camera, and this is by far the best camera for the money. I like to make photo books and if the picture is not a good quality they come out grainy and this camera - doesn't do that. The camera has a zoom lens and it is probably more zoom than most camera offer and I have noted that the picture quality seems the same.

Still learning but love it thus far. My only concern is the case feels rather slippery and the last one was slippery and I dropped it.

This camera is new so not something I can answer. If it's like our other point and shoot it will be good.

Battery Life
Past experience has taught us to buy only the best quality of batteries. They need to be a photo quality battery and then we always travel with a spare set.

Portability
This camera is larger than the point and shoot so it takes up more space. For our wants we knew we had made a good choice . when we took a small picture and had it enlarged to a 8x10 . It came out bright and crisp.

Good Luck With This Camera

my husband bought me a new digital camera for Christmas, and the salesman highly recommended this one.  I have not been happy using this Nikon S51 at all.  I had only taken a few pictures with it when it started messing up, and I have three small grand kids!  I missed so many great poses of the children because this camera would not take the picture correctly.  At first it was a little darker than it should of be.  Before long every picture I tried to take was totally black or pure white. We tried to return it to the camera store where it was purchased, and the sales person tried to say we had messed with the menu and had the adjustments all wrong.  They "adjusted" it, and said it was fine, and they didn't take returns anyway!  I would have to get in touch with Nikon myself.  After doing that, we have had to pay to mail it back to Nikon, and are still waiting for it to come back.  In the mean time, my old trusty Canon is still taking great pictures.

Good all around point and shoot camera

from Peoria, AZ

• Portability:

Durable and long-lasting Camera!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

We've had this camera for at least three or four years now. It was relatively inexpensive when we purchased it. We've used it year after year for every event, and even dropped it a couple times by accident. This camera is really durable. It seems like we may get another few years of use out of it before we have to get a new one. It takes good photos, and it's easy to download them to a computer. This is your basic model digital camera. It doesn't have a ton of fancy features, but it does the job. My one complaint is the battery life. It seems like the battery doesn't hold a charge for as long as it should. However, that tends to happen as electronics get old. It's simple to charge the battery, and the charger / camera / battery are all nice and compact. It's easy to travel with it. We have an around-the-neck camera bag that we use to carry the camera to events. If you are looking for a cheap, easy-to-use camera that will last many years, this camera is for you. If you are a technology buff looking for a photographer-quality camera, this isn't it.

Image Quality
Good, not professional quality though.

Battery life could be better.

Really easy, basic.

Dropped several times, and no damage.

Not long enough.

Portability
Compact and easy to transport.

• Portability:

Good pictures in a small package

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

For social media purposes, an iPhone is good enough to capture many moments, but there's no comparison between phone photos and the bigger images with more resolution that a point-and-shoot like this one can provide. If you want to edit and enhance your images, then it takes at least a point-and shooter to capture enough detail. With SD memory, it's easy enough to load it into the computer for editing and uploading to Facebook.

• Portability:

Ready easy simple camera!!

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

I love to take pictures and I cannot afford an expensive professional camera, so I got this one! I love it. It is so easy to use and takes pretty great pictures.

Image Quality
The images that it takes are great and so easy to alter. It has a feature to where you can change the color to black and white, sepia, or negative. I love this feature because I love black and white pictures.

Has great performance

Super easy to figure out how all the features work and to change them back and forth.

Very durable, and lasts a long time.

Battery Life
The battery lasts a pretty good amount of time as with anything it depends on how much you are going to be using it, but I still think it has a pretty good battery life.

Portability
Super easy to carry with, not bulky can fit into about any bag or purse.

Great purchase

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

Ive had this camera for a good few years and Ive been very happy with it. It has a nice large screen on the back and this camera is very thin and easy to carry - it is only about an inch thick, and since it doesnt have a physical zoom lens attached it is very sleek and you dont have to worry about the zoom lens being damaged or getting dirt trapped inside. I have taken many gorgeous pictures with this camera, its very capable of taking wonderful pictures and I have been most impressed with its capacity to take nighttime photos better than a lot of other cameras Ive used.

Image Quality
I have taken photos with this point and shoot that rival photos Ive taken with a DSLR, so it is a powerful little camera.

I havent had any problems with this camera, the only thing I would improve would be the speed of turning it on and taking pictures, it is a bit slower than the newest models on the market.

Lots of menu and advanced settings but they are very easy to use and set up to be user friendly. Although I could see the back of the camera's buttons being difficult to use for people with larger fingers/hands.

As long as you are careful with it, its been very durable, perhaps even more than I expected it to be.

Battery Life
Average battery life. If you keep it turned on for long periods in between photos the battery will run down faster, and you may only get a couple hours out of it. If this was your only camera out for a day I would invest in a backup battery.

Portability
Very small, very thin, it would be easy to carry this in a pocket if you wanted to.

• Portability:

All you need in a digital camera

from Liverpool, NY

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

This camera is fantastic.  It takes the best pictures.  The pictures never come out blurry even when taking an action shot.  This is a great camera for someone who wants an easy to use, no nonsense, great picture, take with you everywhere camera.  It even uploads the pictures with in seconds, it really is amazing, I couldn't be happier.

Great simple camera!

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

I owned two Canon digital point and shoot cameras prior to this one and they both broke - and had the exact same problem. I have now had this camera for a few months and it is fairly simple to use and takes really great pictures. I have not had any problems with it. It is slim and sleek and has a nice big clear screen to see what you are taking a picture of and to see all the pictures you have already taken, My only complaint is that every time I go to use the night setting on this Nikon Coolpix I forget how to change the setting and it takes me several minutes to remember where it is at again. Other than that is is easy to use, takes great pictures and is easy to download the pictures onto the computer. For a simple, sleek, point and shoot digital camera I would recommend this Nikon Coolpix to anyone. It is a good value and a nice camera overall. I do wish the USB port was the standard USB size instead of smaller.

Coolpix!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

The Coolpix is a wonderful camera with perfect quality and produces sharp images. I like this camera for its wonderful design and cool features. Compared to other digital cameras, the Nikon Coolpix produces a sharp and cool image. Another cool feature about it is the touchscreen capability because you can scroll through your images and access the menu at the tip of your fingers. After using the Coolpix, I don't think I would want to own another camera unless it produces crisp images. The cameras that I dealt with in the past does not compare to the magnificent Nikon Coolpix.

Love this camera

from North Sioux City, SD

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

I love this camera! It is great! I am a new mom and I have used this camera to capture all the important moments in my new baby's life, from the first time I held her to the first time she crawled.  One of the best parts about this camera is it is so easy to use.  I am not necessarily a photographer or technically savy, but I can definately take a great picture with this camera.  All you have to be able to do is zoom, click, and shoot.  But though it is extremely easy to use it is also very durable.  It will last a long time even if you are clumsy and occasionaly drop it.  It also has a very long battery life, which is great because you don't have to worry about missing that special shot due to the battery charging.  Finally it has a great video feature.  You can take up to an hour of video, so for those of us without a camcorder it is awesome.  Overall I would recommend this camera to anyone who is a casual picturetaker.

Exceptional light weight camera

from Dunedin, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S51 Digital Camera:

I love our camera, it is small, light weight, and extermely easy to use. It takes great pictures and my husband and I find that it downloads easily onto the computer.

The feature my husband likes is that it fits into his front pocket, this makes it very accessiable to get at when a picture opportunity arises.

We highly recomment this camera.