Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Great pics from a compact camera

This is a wonderful camera if you are looking for something simple and compact that takes great pics.  I purchased this camera after breaking my old one.  After a lot of research I settled on Nikon Coolpix.  This camera is amazing.  There are so many features and it takes really good photos.  My old camera would always pause before taking the picture, I missed so many shots because of it.  This one takes the picture right when you push the shutter button.  I have a very active 21 month old and its hard to get a clear shot of her sometimes, but this camera does a great job.  One of the scene selections is active child, it works wonderfully.  Another great feature is D-lighting.  It actually fixes the shadows in the pictures before you load them onto the computer.  It has saved several pictures I would have otherwise deleted.  The screen is also very large compared to my old camera, makes reviewing the pics simple and easy.

Great for anyone

This camera is great for outdoor photos and indoors with light. It is easy to use and takes good video.

Image Quality
The photos are crisp and clear when taken outdoors...Read complete review

Image Quality
The photos are crisp and clear when taken outdoors or indoors with lots of light. In darker conditions, the photos tend to come out blurry.

It has worked as well as I expected. I've taken hundreds of photos with my CoolPix camera and really enjoy using it.

Easy to switch from one condition to another, easy to delete photos on the camera. Its a point and shoot, so the same applies when taking photos--take a breath and hold it as you snap the picture.

I'[ve carried it around in my purse for a very long time, dropped it, lost it in the car once. Never any problems with it breaking or anything like that. I keep mine in a case with extra batteries.

Battery Life
I buy the 16x batteries and they do last a very long time. If you are shooting video, it uses up the batteries a little bit faster.

Portability
It comes with a wrist strap that you can use or not. Its best to get a soft/hard case to keep your camera safe, anyway.

Great camera for the money

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I think this camera is great for the price.

Image Quality
My pictures come out clear not blurry and even in my dark house the picutures look bright .

This camera is very easy to use and is not bulky,very easy to carry around and does not take up much space in a purse

Battery Life
I have had my camera for 3 months and I have only had to charge it one time.

Great little travel camera

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

This camera is a great travel camera. It is easy to use and light to carry. It has a very simple zoom, though it will blur if you shake at all when zoomed. I also really like that once the photo is taken, you can zoom the picture. it makes cropping/sizing the picture very simple when ready to process it. The camera will make a small tone when turned on, so if you are trying to be quiet and sneak up, it will alert whomever/whatever you are trying to photograph that you are there. I would recommend you turn on the camera a few min before you use it. It will, however go into a power down mode if you let it sit too long and will need to have the button compressed again to re-activate it. Battery life is not the best unless you put in very good batteries. The more you flip thru your photos, the shorter the battery life is. Overall I believe this is a great camera for just about everyone.

• Portability:

Good camera, sometimes blurry images if you're not steady!

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera to make up for one I lost partying. It takes super clear pictures when you've got time to line up a shot. However, if you're trying to capture something quickly, pictures can come out blurry, making a reshoot necessary. Love the design though and the extra features!

Image Quality
Sometimes, pictures are blurry depending on how long you press the button.

Have dropped mine several times, but it still works well.

• Portability:

Great little camera to always keep around

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I keep this camera in my purse at all time to snap pictures quickly and easily of my kids on the go.

Image Quality
Usually my pictures turn out decent. Actions shots are nearly always blurry though.

My three year old can use this camera, so I am pretty sure it doesn't get simpler than that.

Portability
I keep it in my purse at all times. Very lightweight and easy to carry around.

Very Cool Nikon Coolpix!

from South Haven, MI

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

We were looking for a new easy to use excellent quality camera and loved theis one when the store employee showed us how easy it was to use and how great the photo quality was. Love the slim lightweight design. The pics are amazingly clear and vivd. Easy to use and lots of features to customize the perfect photo.

• Portability:

Great for teenagers and great for the price!

from Minco, OK

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I have two of these cameras. For the most part we love them..but i've noticed over the past few months...they are harder and harder to get focused.
I might not find that odd if i didn't have two of them doing it.

Other than that.....we love this camera!!!

Great for anyone

from North Vernon, IN

nikon coolpix s500

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I love this camera very user friendly and my children like to take pictures as well. When I take a pic if I move the picture does get furry!! looking. So I just make sure I don't move too much. I have considered buying one for my sister. Great gift for x-mas if your needing some ideas this one would be excellent and you can get it at Office max. Easy to hold too, not for your pocket though.

Good Camera For The Money

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

Camera takes quality pictures, although does not take very good low light photos.  Action photos are also not very good quality and when using the zoom it takes away from the quality of the photos.  However, outside photos and photos taken with ample lighting are great quality.   The price is right for this camera.

Great camera for beginner or pro photo takers.

from Barrington, IL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S500 Digital Camera:

I was always having someone take my pictures for me with their digital cameras and now I have my very own to use whenever I want to.  I am not too good with fancy items but this camera I can use with out any problem at all.  Love the quality of the pictures and the fact that you can just erase the photo you just took if it is not exactly what you wanted.  I would highly recommend it to all.