4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

A great, easy to use camera with some interesting options.

This is a solid little digital camera that has all of the standard options you'd expect, plus a few more that I think make it really interesting to use (it in fact, has so many little options I don't even know how to use many of them well yet, and so tinkering around in the settings I can really get myself into trouble!). I do find that setting the image down a bit ( I don't always require the best, most high-quality photos that can often be too large for practical use, anyway!) to 5M helps me to use my camera more again more quickly when taking multiple shots. It also has a cool option of being able to preview your pictures immediately after taking them without having to go into the play function, although you get the option to turn the auto preview off if you want. You also get the option for a couple of pre-set "Scenes" that will put your camera in the idea settings for a variety of picture taking scenarios you might find yourself in, like "Portrait" or "Outdoors",etc.

Image Quality
This, of course, depends on your settings somewhat, but overall pretty good.

Some of the various settings can get a little complicated, but you always have the option to put it to "Auto" mode and be done with it - the it's real easy!

I thankfully haven't put it to the test to any great extend (knock on wood!), but so far I haven't had any trouble with moderate use.

Battery Life
Really excellent battery life!

Good pictures, Bad camera construction

The pictures taken on this camera turned out good. It was easy to use and the menus are not hard to navigate. My main problem with this camera is the actual durability of the camera. I accidentaly dropped it, from a height of about 4 feet and it landed on carpet. However, the camera was on and in zoom, so the outside of the lense cracked and now i can't shut the lense to turn it off . It seem that the outsides of lense are made of plastic and pretty easy to crack. The battery life on this camera is very good, i didn't use it very much , maybe once a month, and it was almost nine months before i had to recharge it, and the recharge only took one hour. I will probaby buy another one like it, or a similar nikon becuase of good features and how easy it was to use, but will i be more careful in the future when handling it. all in all it was a good buy and i have recommended it to friends and family.

careful of the lense it cracks easily

Portability
fits just right in my purse or golf bag

Good pictures, Bad camera construction

careful of the lense it cracks easily

Portability
fits just right in my purse or golf bag

• Portability:

A great, easy to use camera with some interesting options.

from Las Vegas, NV

Image Quality
This, of course, depends on your settings somewhat, but overall pretty good.

Battery Life
Really excellent battery life!

• Portability:

Very happy with this product

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

I've had mine several years and feel that its a good value for the price. Its very user friendly and comes with an easy to understand manual, for those who want helpful tips in making their pictures look better. The battery life is long-lasting, and it takes quality pictures.

Not crazy about the Coolpix S3000

from Toccoa, GA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

The camera was purchased at a big chain electronics store and within a month the battery was completely dead. Of course the store said it could replace it since it had been more than 15 days and to call Nikon. Nikon said to send it in and if it was just the battery then they would replace it otherwise they would do nothing without charge. The camera was never dropped or abused in any way. What I did find before it died is that it's a great little camera for outdoors but inside the pictures blur really bad.

Image Quality
Outdoors, very nice pics, indoors very blurred.

• Portability:

AWESOME EASY TO USE , LIGHT~WEIGHT CAMERA!!

from Florence, SC

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

LOVE IT !! VERY EASY TO USE ...FIRST ""NEW"" CAMERA I'VE HAD IN YEARS :~)

Image Quality
PHOTOS ARE CLEAR & CRISP.......MANY FEATURES....

EXTREMELY EASY

MY 3 YEAR OLD GRAND~DAUGHTER WILL TAKE PICTURES ... VERY EASY TO USE

HAS WITHSTOOD BEING DROPPED ON FLOOR TWICE NOW ..... EXCELLENT MADE CAMERA

EXCELLENT!!

Nikon S3000 Cool Pix

from Colonia, NJ

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

I recently bought the Nikon S3000 as a second camera - especially for my wife to easily carry in her purse or jeans back pocket.

The camera has good daylight performance and decent indoor output. But it suffers when trying to take night time images. the flash just does not go beyond 4-5 feet and most images turn out blury due to camera shake.

I would say this camera is useless if you shoot indoors in low light with out flash or  take fast-moving pictures like kids baseball game or just a hyper active kid like my 5 year old. The Camera takes a long tie to focus and shots are delayed so those candid shots our deff. out with the Nikon s3000

Even my 4 year older Canon 6 mega pixel point and shoot does a better job. Yes I can print 8X11" prints wth that but the Nikon I have proble getting decent 6X4 prints on certain shots. Most images need soe amount of touch up on the PC.

I would have returned this but my Daughter dropped it in the parking lot and scratched the back side. So I am stuck with this :(

• Portability:

It's a great camera for the money

from Laurel, MS

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

I received the Nikon Coolpix s3000 Digital Camera as a Christmas gift from my boys. I had not used a digital camera before I got this one and I am taking great photos with it. It evens takes short videos which I love. I think this is a very camera. If I am in doubt about how to use it, I just pop the disc in the computer and read up on it.

The thing I would change? I would like to have the users manual in paper so I am not tied to the computer when trying new things. I have also had some photos come out blurry, but I am pretty sure it was operator error.

Good camera

from Ellington, CT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

This is a very user-friendly camera.It is easy to use for people who are new to technology and takes great pictures.The only thing that doesn't work well is the anti-shake.The pictures are still blurry.It works better in high-light situations.

I love the nikon

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

Nikon coolpix digital camera is great camera. I love how clear the pictures come out and it is price very well also. I love that the zoom is great as well as how long the battery life last.

There was no cons with the nikon coolpix

This Digtial Camera is Excellent

from Angwin, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera:

This digital camera is the best. I'm able to take great pictures without knowing much about cameras. The pictures I took turn out great each time. This camera has a built-in camcorder to record video, the video is not the best but you can create video clips. The price of this camera is entry level which means you get basic camera for taking great pictures. This camera is small enough to carry around. This camera uses SD media cards which is common and affordable. The LCD screen is clear and I'm able to see the preview pictures before it saves to the SD card. There is softwares that come in the box that allows you to easily load and organize pictures. It comes with a battery that is rechargable and I'm able to take huge amounts of pictures before the battery runs low.