3.9
Nikon
Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera

Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera

3.9

the nikon coolpix 230 camera is amazing!

from Norwalk, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

I am a born again nikon coolpix camera fan. I cannot say enough good things about this camera....I was a little bit hesitant to buy it at first because i saw many mixed reviews about the whol series, even the one that i specifically wanted, the s230, but now that i have it, i don't know what those people were talking about when they said that it was a bad camera. It is by far the best camera i have had, from the cool touchscreen all the way to the sound and picture quality in videos. The touchscreen is much better than i thought, it responds fast and accurately, and to my surprise has not cracked yet, and is also very easy to clean. The quality of pictures is roughly about the same as my polaroid camera, although the details and colors inside the picture were sharper with my coolpix. THe video quality however, is a way different story... the coolpix is just so much better, i took it to a metal festival(which btw the battery last almost all day long, almost 12 hours of constant turning off and on and taking video) and i could actually tell what songs the bands were playing, which was the not the case with my polaroid. and all the little touch up settings and picture edit settings were a nice added bonus. and the zoom? omg. it is, amazing. i took it to an angels baseball game, and our seats were up on hte highest level, and some pics looked like i was standing in the dugout... The only thing i have to complain about? best buy didnt sell the color i wanted =(

but, the purple is still pretty nontheless. so i totally recommend thsi camera =)

Coolpix is a great digital camera

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

The day before my husband and I left for our honeymoon, we went to the store to check out digital cameras. With our recently acquired wedding money in our pocket, we wanted to spend enough money to get a decent camera but also wasn't too extravagantly priced. We debated between a few cameras that were in the same price range and finally decided on the Nikon coolpix S230. We really love this camera and have been happy with our purchase. The thing I love the most is the huge viewing screen. There are also different settings you can change to be sure that you get your picture right, such as sunset or fireworks. I also love the ability to take videos with sound on this camera, a feature that came in handy when we got our puppy and wanted to capture those cute moments without a video camera. The pictures this camera takes are very clear and the zoom works really well. I am not a photography expert but this camera takes great pictures for just a casual picture taker.

A great on-the-go camera!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

This is a pretty good little digital camera for on the go.  It's easy for me to keep in a small purse or in the diaper bag for daily pictures of my daughter.

I love the touchscreen features of this camera the most.  It's a sleeker design on the back than with so many buttons to choose from.  The menus are clear and concise, easy to navigate.  The picture quality is pretty decent for the camera's size and price range.

The battery life is excellent, I only charge this camera every couple of weeks or once a month, and I use it every day for pictures and video.  It is so easy to download the software for this device, and it's a cinch to load pictures to your computer.  I just pop out the SD card (not included) and slide it into the designated slot on my computer.

I bought a seperate case for this camera since the back is touchscreen and can get scratched easily.  I bought a "Built" case and really love it.  It's the perfect size and the wrist strap fits neatly in the side.  I would recommend this camera to any novice.

Horrible quality and color

from Aberdeen, SD

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

When the lens for my Nikon D40 broke, I wanted to purchase a cheaper point and shoot camera so I choose this one after doing a little research. It was a bad choice. The photo quality was horrible. The color was just awful. Every picture was blurry and overexposed. I have a toddler so it is hard to get pictures of her sitting still, much less when she is on the go. Even if I took a picture of an object not moving it was blurry so you can imagine what my pictures of her looked like. I took it to my sisters wedding and probably only got five decent pictures from the whole thing. Do yourself a favor and keep looking if you are considering this camera. I complained to the website I purchased it from and had it returned for a full refund within a month of having it. It isn't worth it, and it definitely wasn't worth the headache of returning it. If you want something with good quality, consider a DSLR instead.

This is the best camera I've ever had

from Brandon, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

This is definitely the best camera I have had. I got this camera for Christmas and I absolutly love it.The picture quality of this camera is just great .The pictures come out just so clear. I had been wanting a camera for a while and this camera meet all of my expectations. Thanks Nikon for creating such a wonderful camera

Not as impressed as I thought I would be.

from Sheboygan, WI

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

I got the Nikkon Coolpix S230 for an early Christmas present.  And I am on the fence with this one.I like the slim look of it and the touch screen feature, although sometimes that can do the wrong thing as with when you have a touch screen phone.  It is fairly easy to navigate through.  Some of the things that I did not like about it are that the picture quality is not as good as I had hoped for.  It is much better than my Sony Cyber shot (which is the main reason that I got a new camera).  I had a couple people help me mess with it because the flash was not working properly at Christmas and all of the pictures were getting an orangish red hue to them.  Once that got worked out everyone was either pasty from the flash drownding them out or not bright enough.  Perhaps I need to play around with it some more.  Because I have gotten some decent pictures.  I do wish that the zoom quality was better though as well.  I know that it was decent on my last camera but when I zoom with this one they tend to be blurry...more practice I guess...

Nikon Perfection

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

Over the past 35 years I have used and owned many different cameras. Many were just not very convenient to take on vacations or to keep lying close by for those special once in a lifetime pics. Three months ago my husband surprised me, to my delight, with a Pomeranian puppy. I needed a camera that was fast, easy to use, and durable enough to carry in my pocket throughout the day. We purchased the Nikon COOLPIX S203 camera. This is a powerful yet durable camera. It takes beautiful and clear quality photos at the touch of a button. My other cameras made to much noise when zooming in to take a picture and that always caused my puppy to take flight and run! This COOLPIX S203 is virtually soundless and does not annoy my puppy. It is small and compact enough and fits perfectly in my pocket enabling me to take those once in a lifetime pictures. I would definitely recommend this Nikon camera to everyone that loves being able to take clear quality photos in a moments notice. Nikon is another word for perfection!

Cute, Convenient, and Easy to Use

from Haverford, PA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S230 Digital Camera:

I love my Nikon Coolpix S230.  I researched and have used a lot of different cameras, but this is one of the easiest.  It is great for quick shots which I need since I take so many pictures of my nephews and nieces.  They move to quickly so you have to be able to take pictures quickly.  I love the touch screen.  It is so fun and easy to use.  It even asks you if someone blinked in the picture.  It is easy to show people pictures.  The LCD Screen is a great size.  I love that I can modify pictures right on the screen.  I have changed a number of my pictures to black and white.  They look great!!!  The one I bought even came with a case and its own SD card.  It is easy to upload pictures to your computer.  It works with the Nikon Transfer CD which is provided.  It also is easy to upload pictures to internet sharing sites.  I really like that the battery is rechargeable and it lasts for a long time.