3.8
Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera

Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera

3.8

Nikon Coolpix, easy to use, great pics

I recently got my Nikon coolpix.  It is very easy to use (I'm not savvy in that dept.) Pictures are very clear and I love the small size and cute lavender color. Only drawback so far is my son refuses to use because of the color. Where I purchased , it didn't come in any other besides purple. It has automatic face focus, and snaps quickly which comes in handy when photographing small children! The size is so small, I just keep it in my purse to use whenever a moment arises.

Good although a bit slow

We bought this camera about three years ago and I've been only somewhat pleased with it. First the pros. I've been pretty pleased with the picture quality of this camera. However, I don't try to pretend I'm a photographer and neither do I enlarge pictures. I'm suspicious if I did I'd be very frustrated with the quality.

I've found the Nikon Coolpix L3 easy to use. I'm fairly tech savvy but not incredibly so and this camera has been easy for me to navigate. It has enough extra features that it allows me to have some fun, but it doesn't have so many bells and whistles that I'm totally confused as to how to do ANYthing.

My biggest frustrations with this camera has been the fact that it is incredibly slow. What I mean is that if I take one picture it takes probably a good five seconds before the camera is ready to shoot another one. I find that very frustrating, especially since I have a young child and anyone who is a parent knows how much you miss in five seconds!

My overall review: an inexpensive buy, but very slow

Good although a bit slow

from Lancaster, PA

My overall review: an inexpensive buy, but very slow

Awesome camera!

from Henrico, VA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

Nikon is one of the most trusted brand for cameras and their at a great price too! There's really no need for flash with this camera as it automatically brightens up any picture you take. It has loads of cool features as with most digital cameras. One of the worst qualities it has is sucking the power right out of batteries. It's not so great for taking videos because of this. I myself use rechargables but i believe the lithium rechargables would do much better. Overall a great buy.

Good little camera

from Buckley, WA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

I had my Nikon Coolpik L3 for 4 years and it was great. Took good pictures and was hardy. It recently broke when the lense jammed and it is cheaper to replace than repair. I miss not having it around. The pictures were clear and it is easy to use. I found the features intuitive and diidnt even need to read the instruction manual. I liked it so much that I replaced it with the newer model. The only drawbacks are that the picture quality fades under low light conditions and in sub-optimal light they tend to blur.

Its a great camera for the price and for most purposes.

Nikon Coolpix L3 is great for day to day pics

from Norman, OK

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix L3 is a great little camera especially for home use. It was our first digital camera and we were given it as a gift three years ago and it has served us well.

There are a variety of options when taking a picture, such as portrait, outside, night. It is fairly easy to navigate the menu to change those options, with buttons that go directly to the flash, self timer, delete, play/review, and zoom.

The memory card used in this camera is able to be used directly in most computers but it did come with a cable for the computer.

It uses AA batteries which is nice in that they are easy to replace, but I have seen newer cameras with batteries that are recharged when the camera is plugged in. We just use rechargeable AA batteries which last quite a while.

It would be nice if taking the picture were quicker...I have young children that do not want to hold still long enough for the flash to go off, so this has been a recent frustration. When my kids do hold still, the pictures normally turn out nicely.

Very disappointing overall camera.

from Merritt Island, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

I have owned the Nikon Coolpix L3 camera for about 2 years now and have tried it in many different situations.  First, if you only want a camera that takes great close range pictures while outdoors, then this camera is well worth it.  The outdoor pics are amazingly clear for the camera only having 5.1 megapixels.  It also has Face-Priority auto focus, which is a nice bonus.  The camera is very slim and easily fits into your pocket.  This was the main reason for purchasing this camera.  It has good battery life and with the ability  to slip it into your pocket or purse you would think that you would never miss a photo.  Unfortunately, when the opportunity for the photo arises and you turn on the camera, you realize that there is an extremely long delay between when you press the picture button and when the camera actually takes the picture.  Also, the indoor photos are below par.  The flash simply does not work effetively enough to create an adequete picture.  I suggest spending a little extra and sacraficing size for quality.

Will not purchase another one

from Houston, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

I had my Nikon Coolpix less than a year and the lens cover broke. Shutter would not open and am unable to get it fixed. The pictures I took were not of very good quality and had to purchase another camera for special occasions. Very disappointed because I had read the reviews on this camera and they were all good. At first, I had no problems with it, but now I am unable to even take pictures with it. Tried to get it fixed but it would have cost more to fix it then it would have been to purchase another one. We took it on vacation with us and the pictures we took did not come out good at all. Nikon was always high up on my list for cameras, but now I am having a hard time trusting the name. On  the positive side, it was very easy to use and the style of the camera is great. Not too small and fits real good in your hands. Easy instructions to get you started. Does not take picture right away and pictures come out fuzzy looking. I do not recommend this camera.

talk about Nikon

from The Villages, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

I have my Nikon Coolpix camera for over 2 years now and although it served it's purpose very well, capturing the places and faces i see when i travel, i wish i could have bought another model from Nikon or probably from other leading brands like Canon. The reason for this is that it takes much longer to capture a shot compared to other cameras so that if you're taking picture of people, they have to wait a few seconds longer to have the picture taken. Everything else works great..i like the big screen and the photo capacity even when you don't have memory card. At right settings, it captures the right lighting and color of the pictures. Also, it is compact and user friendly so you can bring it anywhere and can easily upload pictures to your computer. However, if i consider buying a new digital camera, i would probably prefer another brand to suit my needs, or maybe another Nikon but of recent model and therefore more advanced and efficient features.

ilove this camera

from Westfield, PA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

i have the Nikon L3 cool pix  and i love it it takes very clear pictures and it has a great zoom it holds alot of pictures even without the memory card so for anyone who likes to snap pictures this is a great camera

Nikon Coolpix L3 is a great camera for the novice or the pro!

from Odenville, AL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L3 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix L3 was given to me for my birthday. While, in the beginning, I thought the camera might be too small for me to be able to use it correctly, after playing with it, it really became one of the things I like most about it!

It is easy to handle and the menu options are clear and concise. It is easy to move between all the options. I love the different color choses that are given. I didn't have that with my old one and it was not fun to change that on the computer. I can crop and adjust the picture on the camera so it makes it much more user friendly!

The Nikon Coolpix L3 comes in different colors and mine is a great Plum color. I like to express my individuality and although the typical silver is all right for some, making a statement with my cool, new digital camera is awesome!

Nikon Coolpix, easy to use, great pics