Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

I LOVE this camera!

I love the Nikon Coolpix L12 Digital Camera ! I have always loved Nikon cameras . They are very well-made. The NIkon Coolpix is a very durable little gadget. It is compact in size and lightweight. I was a little concerned at first, because it is so lightweight. I like to take a lot of family photos and outdoor pictures. I hike and take pictures, while in the woods and mountains This camera has been dropped in mud and water puddles and the accidents have never resulted in a problem. I was able to let a 2 year old take photos of leaves on the ground without a mishap. It has a nice zoom lens on it. I have no had a problem with any vibration or blurry images. It produces high quality images. It comes with far more features than what I needed. I have rarely had to use the flash. There have been instances, when I should have needed to use a flash such as indoors but I didn't have to with this unit. You can even take a short video with the camera. This camera is economically priced. It is available at a wide range of stores. It is user friendly. I'd definitely recommend this camera.

Image Quality
Produces high quality images!

This camera has never let me down!

So simple I let a 2 year old take pictures with it.

This camera is built to last.

Battery Life
I took about 400 pictures until the batteries needed to be charged.

Portability
Portable and lightweight. Come with a handy wrist strap.

Not bad, but there's better

Let me start off by saying that I do not actually own this camera, it is my sister who has it. I did use it a couple of times and the quality was not as good as it could be. Both of us noticed that it was somewhat blurry and the color was not, well, right. I mean it looks really cool but it didn't have that pixel perfect image that it should. Things can be better. Not only that, but I notice that the disc that it comes with makes your computer unbelievably slow. As soon as my sister took it off the computer we immediately noticed that our computer had gotten faster and it wasn't freezing as much, thank goodness!!!! My sister has a black one that is small and easy to travel with, it does come with a really nice bag but I just didn't really care much for it. I mean, honestly if you're someone who doesn't mind having to sharpen an image more on your computer before sending it to someone, than by all means by this camera. To be honest it's not as bad as I'm making it seem, I just wanted to let you know that there are better cameras out there so choose wisely!!!

great camera

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

I was very pleased with this camera. It always took great pictures and I really never had any issues with it at all.

Image Quality
I thought that this camera took good pictures. The only time I had a hard time getting a picture to come out good is if we were in a museum and trying to take a picture of something behind glass. Keeping it on automatic flash helps take a great picture most of the time but in museums it doesn't work well.

This camera is very durable. I even dropped it once on our vacation in Florida. We were at disney's animal kingdom and I dropped it on the cement. I thought for sure it was broken but it still worked great. I couldn't believe it.

Battery Life
If you use the lithium batteries it will last a long time. If you use regular double A's it will not last as long and you will go through more batteries.

Portability
Definitely very portable. I do recommend getting a small camera bag or pouch for it just to keep it protected more. Plus you can store an extra memory card and extra batteries and keep everything together.

I LOVE this camera!

from Lancaster, NY

Image Quality
Produces high quality images!

This camera has never let me down!

So simple I let a 2 year old take pictures with it.

This camera is built to last.

Battery Life
I took about 400 pictures until the batteries needed to be charged.

Portability
Portable and lightweight. Come with a handy wrist strap.

• Portability:

Awesome little picture taker!

from Fairmont, WV

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

Well, I am in no way a professional photographer. I received this camera as a gift from my husband. And, I love it. I take it to all my son's sporting events and school functions. The pictures come out clear. It's not bad to carry around. Lightweight and small enough to fit in my purse. The battery life is okay. I can use it for a couple of days before I have to charge it.

good and afforable

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

Very easy to use even for beginners

Image Quality
Takes really good and clear pictures

Have not no problems with any thing ob it.

I love how easy it is to use

Seems to hold up very well

Battery Life
Could last a little longer but is within acceptable range

Portability
Very light, you forget its there

• Portability:

Nikon-Coolpix L12, Nice camera for the inexpensive price.

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix has 3X zoom, 7.1 megapixels, VR Vibration Reduction, 2.5" LCD and ISO 1600 High ISO (whatever that means).

There isn't a lot of extra features with this. When I went looking for a camera I was totally over whelmed by all the features that is why I decided on this camera. I only use it to capture memories. I am not a photographer. So this is just perfect for me. It took a little bit to figure it out but I did and I was good to go. It takes nice pictures even in the dark. The flash might blind someone, but you will get a nice picture for the money. I like the large viewing area. It works great for what I need it for.

The cons to this camera are it eats through 2 AA batteries like they are candy. I mean real bad. I wouldn't even use rechargeable. You would spend all your time recharging. It eats all qualities of batteries equally. The other thing it takes a long time in between pictures. This camera would be perfect if it had rapid fire or whatever it's called. If you are taking a picture people and animals don't want to hang around while the camera is resetting it's self.

I recommend this camera for people who aren't photographers and don't like complicated. This is an inexpensive camera other then all the batteries it eats. It is made by a leading company, Nikon. I think it's a great deal.

perfect camera for little cost

from Jeanerette, LA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

Nikon CoolPix camera was the best buy that i made all year. When my other digital camera broke I was determined that I was not paying outrages prices for a new cmaera. I went to Best buy and seen there was a sell on Nikon Cool Pix camera so I picked one up. I really was expecting to have a crummy camera that took blury pictures  because of the price. I was always told the less you pay for something the worse it works. Well I was really surprised by my coolpix camera. They pictures are really clear and has wonderful colors. When I went to develop some of my pictures I was surprised by the details. You can see every little line and everything jsut like you was still there. I will never change back to more expensive cameras. The only drawback to my coolpix is that you have to use batteries.  It does not charge like some of the competitors. So I just keep extra batteries with me when I know I will use my digital camera. Because it really doesn't warn you when it will die.

The Nikon CoolPix is an all-around great camera for a busy Mom!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

While I'm not much of a photographer, I am a Mom of three little ones who make ***tons*** of memories for me to capture. My previous camera was constantly draining the batteries and I literally had to recharge them after every use. *(Very aggravating!)* Last summer, I was given some money as a gift and decided to pick a reasonably-priced camera that would take great pictures for a long time.

After surfing the web, pricing ***lots*** of different cameras, and reading ***tons*** of reviews, I decided on the *Nikon CoolPix* and I've never regretted it! It does everything I want and *much more*! In fact, I've barely scratched the surface on all it's cool features. Better yet, it's simple enough for someone (like me) who doesn't have time to memorize an instruction manual.

The pictures are gorgeous and I love the fact that I can take video clips with it too. (My previous camera had this option but the videos were only 8 seconds long and soundless.) The *Nikon CoolPix* is small enough to fit in my purse or diaper bag, so it goes with me almost everywhere. ***All around, it is a great camera for a busy Mom.***

Not bad, but there's better

from Boston, MA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

The perfect little compact camera

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

Our family has alway been a film camera family.  We like to take pictures.  As a matter of fact we take pictures of everything and everywhere we go.  It took a lot of research until we finally decided to go digital.  When we did, we went all the way.  We actually bought 2 digital cameras.  One was a canon T1i and the other was this Nikon Coolpix.  The reason we wanted two cameras was because our Canon is a much bigger camera.  We decided that there were times when we wanted something that could fit in our pocket or purse.  This little camera does just that.  We did research on the Nikons and found them to be good reliable, well priced cameras.  We are very happy with it.  We have taken many, many pictures with it.  The pictures turn out very well.  The indoor photos with the flash are very good quality.  The outdoor photos are really great on bluebird days!!  We also love having the option to film.  This is a great camera.

Nikon Coolpix L18 - great for capturing memories!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L12 Digital Camera:

My Nikon COOLPIX L18 is a good camera for portraits. It does not take great pictures of scenery; the color is never quite right. Pictures never look as good as the real thing though, and cameres that come the closest are much too expensive. It also has a relatively long lag time between pictures. It is a great camera for someone who wants to take pictures for the memories. I would not recommend it for someone who is into photography as a hobby, however. It does have a pretty decent video function as well. Again, this is great for capturing memories but not recommended if you are serious about your videography. The 3X optical zoom is just enough for optimal memory capturing. It is a trusted brand for less. Pictures transfer well to any laptop through the memory card. It uses AAA batteries, so if I am camping all I have to do is bring extras rather than worry about charging arrangements. Easy to use. It also comes in great colors. The Nikon COOLPIX L18 is a great value for the price.