Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

The Nikon CoolPix L110 is easy to use and takes great pics.I am

I am a budding photographer and recently my son bought a Nikon CoolPix L110. He did a lot of research before he bought this camera to get the best one for his price range. I borrowed it recently to assist a professional photographer who was shooting an anniversary event. The camera was very easy to use. It has an auto scene mode that will select the correct setting for each picture or you can set it to a particular mode such as portrait, landscape,food or museum. You can also choose the setting depending upon the area lighting such as night portrait, dusk/dawn,party/indoor or beach/snow. I haven't had an opportunity to use all the settings but I am looking forward to it. It also has easy zoom and flash features.It is comfortable to hold and has video. It takes four AA batteries. The lithium batteries that come with it last a long time. The pictures I took at the party turned out pretty good and the photographer said she could use many of them. I would say it's a great camera for the price.

Was slightly disappointed

I've been waiting a really nice camera for awhile.  I had originally wanted an SLR, but with 4 little kids in the house, I thought it would always be in the repair shop.  The point and shoot cameras were too small to find in a big daiper bag, and felt that they would not really work for us either.  So when we say this camera, we thought it would be perfect.  The feel of the camera in your hands is great.  Sturdy and easy to hold.The scene options that they offer have some cool settings.  I used the museum feature, when we went to the museum of Natural History.  They have all the dark halls with the taxidermy animals in the settings behind glass.  Wondering how I was going to take a nice picture of them with out getting a big glare from the flash, I used the museum setting.  It took multiple pictures, while I held the camera as still as possible, then somehow merged all the pictures together to produce a clear picture without the flash.  I also used the fireworks setting at Disneyland, and they turned out well too.  What I'm not happy with is taking pictures inside at night.  They are extremely blurry if you do not use the flash, and if you do use it, they pictures look to harsh.  I have used all of the settings to see if there was one that work better than others, but not really.  So if you are looking for a camera for mostly outdoor, this camera is great.  If you are looking more for inside pictures, it is not the camera for you.  The video portion fo this camera works well.

Versatile and functional

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

I've had a L110 for over a year now and love it. I've found it a versatile and functional compact SLR for travel. The auto functions work well in almost every setting and lighting. It's compact yet fully functional for those special shots. The battery life is good, with a set lasting me over a month of heavy use. The Nikon transfer and editing software is good, and gives you many options of how to handle your images once on a PC. For the price I don't think I could have done better than the Nikon L110.

Decent product

from NA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

After owning another Nikon digital camera, I purchased the Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera as a gift for my cousin. The price was perfect for the product and the features of this camera were good enough for the price. The camera has many features of which few include 12.1 mega pixel camera, 15x zoom lens, a 460k-dot TFT LCD with clear color display, movie shooting in HD which can record a video of maximum 30 minutes.

I purchased this product from a nearby store and tried taking few pictures in the store itself and was amazed to see that the pictures came out great and clear as well. I took out pictures of bar codes as well and the codes were clearly visible. I took a sample video as well but the voice was not too clear but still had a decent sound and the picture was quite clear. The camera is quite heavy to carry but it is perfect when one is travelling and easily fits into a carry bag.

• Portability:

Great Camera for semi-professional use.

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

Bought this camera to take pictures at a concert my former business organized and hosted. I was more than happy with the quality of the pictures taken at that event. I have also used it for video at another event and overall it did a good job although I suggest using a secondary source to record audio if using it for video. Overall though great camera does everything I've ever asked it to and then some.

Image Quality
Overall the pictures that this camera takes are of very good quality although as with many higher mega pixel cameras it does struggle somewhat in low light situations.

Great live action camera under normal lighting circumstances. Shutter speed is a little bit of an issue in low light situations when taking pictures of moving targets. Battery life is pretty good for a camera using double A batteries and I personally find to be a nice feature when taking pictures at long events like concerts or festivals.

This camera is very easy to figure out and basically everyone I've handed it to has been able to figure out most of the basic features of the camera.

My only complaint, the metal ring on the end of lens came unglued but doesn't adversely effect the operation of the camera.

Battery Life
For a camera that runs on double A batteries I was pleasantly surprised by how long the batteries last and I find it to be a blessing that it doesn't have a rechargeable battery like my Sony Camera does.

Portability
This camera has traveled throughout the United States to all sorts of environments for both business and personal uses and has held up well and never let me down when I've called upon it.

• Portability:

This small camera is so convenient but powerful at the same time

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

I enjoy using this camera every time I use it. It is so small that I can hold it in one hand, but the picture quality and zoom are so incredible! It is easy to use and figure out the different settings for your needs. I traveled overseas with this camera and it is still in perfect condition and the pictures I took from that trip will be a timeless treasure! I'm so glad I bought this camera and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small, but great digital camera.

Image Quality
The pictures taken with this camera are so clear. You can zoom so far away and the quality is not pixilated at all. You can enlarge the pictures after you take them with no problem of clarity!

The time it takes to snap a picture is minimal. Changing from flash, no flash, and other settings is so fast. It also takes great motion shots, like in the car or of animals or children that are moving quickly.

This Coolpix camera is so easy to use, even my 70 year old father-in-law knew what buttons to use to turn it on, raise the flash, and take a quality picture all without being told more than once!

Taking my new camera to a different country was a little scary at first, but it held up so well and I had no problems with it.

Battery Life
It is hard to tell whether the battery life was good, because I used it so often. I was taking pictures almost all day long and had to change the batteries every 3 days or so. I'm not familiar with other camera's battery life, but I don't think this Nikon was too bad.

Portability
I carried this camera on my neck many places, or in a camera bad and it was not too heavy or bulky at all.

• Portability:

Good basic camera for casual photography.

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

Good camera for casual photography. From what I have experienced with it, not very good for action photos. I get a lot of blur. I have taken some excellent photos with this camera, just not the moving ones. This camera is very easy to use with different settings for different scenes, or you can use the auto mode and it detects which mode is best. Flash and the zoom are easy to use, and the zoom works great for what I need.

• Portability:

Versatile, and easy to use

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

I have been looking for a new camera for some time. After searched for weeks i came across this camera and thought i found the one. Once i received it i went straight into playing with it and learning how to use the functions. To my dismay the camera does take longer than some digital cameras to take a shot. The quality in my honest opinion didn't seem much different than my previous Kodak. While I have been able to get some great shots, i'm just not sure it was worth it all and all. I decided to keep the camera since i did originally fall in love with it and see how it turns out. Perhaps with a bit more use and knowledge my opinion will change.

Good for average users

from Williston, VT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

This was a good average camera for me since I am a casual user. I basically used to take pics of my baby and family pics so it did the trick for me. However some pics where my son was moving came out poor quality.

Great camera for amateurs

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

Our daughter was in a photography class at her high school, and had shown more interest in a better digital camera than the one that she had before (which was a basic aim and shoot kind of camera). We did a little bit of comparision shopping and decided on the Nikon CoolPix L110. We chose it over the competition because of the picture quality, the variety of functions available, the internal memory capabilities, its weight, the ease of use, the name brand, and of course, the price.It is not a camera for the professional photographer but it works wonderfully for any enthusist!  After a short time of owning the Nikon CoolPix L110, I would highly recommend it.

Pros--- Takes great pictures, lightweight, easy to use, affordable, large display, durable.

Cons---- Battery cover is a bit hard to close, sucks up batteries (depending on brand), not for professional photographers, there is not a "Delete All" option available (can be time consuming to delete each picture individually)

Nice camera

from Waterford, ME

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

I got this camera to take pictures of my newborn son. Kids can be wiggly and most of the time the camera takes great stills of him. I use the sport continuous mode often to get good shots of him. The zoom is incredible and it also takes really great videos in high quality. The sound in video recording is great, especially for a camera that is not really meant for that. I would say this camera is best for scenic pictures and movies. It does not take exceptional portraits, even under the portrait setting.

The biggest drawback to this camera is there is no rechargeable battery that goes with the camera. You use 4 AA batteries and even on the lowest screen light settings and without using flash, they run out FAST. It is such a huge inconvenience, expense and so wasteful that I would definitely scrap this camera just for one with a rechargeable battery.

Awesome Camera!

from Holloman Air Force Base, NM

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix L110 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera for my husband right before he went on his last deployment and was very pleased with our investment! It takes awesome quality pictures a result of the 12.1 megapixels and 15 times optical zoom. It has a great lens cover with a band to easily attatch it to the camera. It is easy to use and not to complicated to figure out either. The zoom is excellent and the pictures come out with great quality as long as the flash is up if you are taking pictures of wiggly little kids like I usually am with a 3 year old, 2 year old, and newborn! My husband brought it back with hundreds of amazing photos from his travels so it has plenty of memory space! It wasn't even close to being full, so it has more room in memory than we can even use. But having too much space is so much better than having not enough especially when it comes to taking pictures! We are overall extremely satisfied with our purchase of this particular camera!