Other E-commerce Websites:
Clothing Websites

Pros

Cons

One of the best!

I love shopping from Nike.com particularly for my active wear. Their website is very easy to use and navigate. You can easily find out how to go about looking up a specific item thanks to it's streamlined design. They have a HUGE collection for men, women, kids, sportsmen etc. Their prices are pretty good and can be quite high sometimes but then that is Nike! You get what you pay for! Placing an order is simple, you select what you want, add it to the card, insert your shipping and billing information and you are done. The checkout process is as easy as that. Their customer service is great too, I have emailed them a number of times about a certain product or the status of a back order and they always get back immediately. I can go on and on about the quality of their products be it apparel, shoes or accessories, I have always loved all my orders that I placed on their website. I will definitely recommend shopping on the Nike store online.

I am surprised how bad nike.com was

I'm not a huge fan of ordering anything online, especially sneakers and apparel. However, sometimes I just have to or it's more convenient and saves me money on occasion. I received a nike.com gift card for a birthday present with a lot on it so I decided to use it to get my kids each a pair of shoes. I went on their site which seemed pretty simple to use and place an order. The first problem started when I entered the gift code online and the site timed out. When I had to refresh the page and re-enter the code, it said I had used the gift card and there was no balance. I freaked out and called the number on the card and they had me on the phone for about an hour until it was fixed since it was their site that wasn't working right. I received the shoes about a week later and was understandably frustrated when my sons shoes weren't the right color. When I went on their site to contact customer service, I was sent back a response that the picture displayed wasn't what I ordered and had to email over my purchase order to be sent the right shoes. Horrible experience and would not ever use that site again.

Reliable Nike Kobe Mentality Basketball Shoes

from Ames Iowa

Reliable Nike Kobe Mentality Basketball Shoes

Shoe Overview:
The Nike Kobe Mentality basketball shoes are the best shoes to date that I have purchased. They are everything that I look for in shoes both for casual wear and on the basketball court. The first time that I wore the Kobe Mentality shoes in a basketball game, I was very pleased with how well I was able to stop on a dime and switch directions, and was also pleased with the traction that the shoes have. The attributes that are included in these shoes are:
• Durable
• Fitting True to Size
• Good Traction
• Responsive to Pivots and Quick Movement
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Affordable
Given the many different things that I look for in a shoe this achieves all of the aspects and is an ideal shoe for basketball players and people looking for a casual shoe to wear anywhere. I have also walked many miles in these shoes, and they are very comfortable for everyday wear whether that includes walking to class or a casual run. I would ultimately give these shoes a 5 out of 5 for all of the great aspects that they bring to the table.

Kobe Mentality Criteria:
I am very particular when it comes to selecting a pair of basketball shoes to play in and purchase. I have bought many pairs of shoes that haven't been what I've been looking for in a basketball shoe. Many shoes didn't have very good traction and didn't fit my feet very well. The Kobe Mentality shoe was a game changer for me and fit all of the criteria that I look for in a shoe. The shoes have to meet my personal criteria before purchase and this includes:
• Are the shoes durable?
• Do the shoes look good?
• What kind of tread is used on the shoe?
• Are they reasonably priced?
• Are the shoes "in style"?
• Do the shoes fit my feet well?
To me the biggest criterion to meet was that the shoes were responsive to quick movements. This is very important in basketball with all of the quick motions because you don't want to be slipping and sliding all over the court.

Customize your fitness

Comments about Nike.com:

I truly love shopping on Nike.com! This website is easy to navigate and fun to shop for my fitness needs and wants. What I love most about Nike.com is the ability to customize my purchases. Nike.com allows me to express myself through my clothes and my sneakers by choosing my own colors and patterns. Nike.com is easy to make purchases on as well! I can easily find what kind of shoes I am looking for, customize them to my desire, and then easy to pay for when I am finished shopping. I can have my purchases shipped to my house and I can pay for them however I choose with ease and satisfaction. Nike.com is a fun website to shop on from home. Nike.com is a fitness website that really suits me and my lifestyle.

Best running shoes, site hard to navigate

from New York, NY

Comments about Nike.com:

I love Nike as a brand. They make amazing running shoes and the Nike free line is incredibly comfortable and flexible. They make shoes and clothes that are high quality and last a lot longer than other brands. I have had my Nike free 5.0 since 2011 and they don't even have much wear on the bottom (I inky continue to wear them for running as the wear pattern is even and pretty minor) with lots of use. I do think that the website is not so easy to navigate. The Nike I.D. Let's you play around with colors and even adding words I to your sneakers; however, it runs poorly and sometimes not at all on the iPad. In addition, if you click on a link and then want to go back it will take you to the top of the previous page rather than your previous location on the previous page. I find this extremely annoying. I do like that you can sort by type of shoe, colors, size, etc. I use the size to narrow down when looking at sale shoes as those might not always be available in all sizes. Nike does have decent sales online.

Doesn't work well with iPad. Doesn't return to previous location when using the back link.

Product Pricing
Expensive but good quality and worth it.

Shipping and Returns
I have had items shipped to the store for pick up because then it's free.

Sometimes Buying Direct Can Save You Money

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nike.com:

Some sports and athletic websites are purely for educational purpose and to help potential consumers make a decision before they go to a retail store to make a purchase.

I needed to get new trainers to hand over to the person that would be fabricating my new leg prosthetics. He needed to have a new pair so he could get the height established on both of the legs. Even before I went online to start shopping for the size and colors that I wanted and needed I knew that getting them at a decent price would have to take a back seat to getting something that would provide stability.

The Nike website is easy to navigate but you really need to know the prices on things before you head there to shop; almost half of the things that I have looked up there ended up being at least 20% less in retail stores. For trainers the prices are about the same as what you are going to pay for them in retail stores but for clothing, you are better off looking for them at local sport stores. The Nice Pro Classic sport bra sells for $35.00 at the website, if you go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx you can find them in the same colors for about $22.00.

The clearance section is worth checking out but again, you are going to need to know the average selling price for things before you go crazy and start ordering things. I have bought some trainers and jackets from the website when they were on sale or something that I couldn't find locally but I had to look online at other sites for free shipping codes.

They can be a little slow-to-ship items so if you need something to give as a gift, always give yourself an extra week when ordering from the website. If you are planning on ordering around the holidays, order two weeks ahead of time in case something is back ordered or out of stock.

Product Pricing
You need to know the normal selling price of items to know whether or not you are getting a good deal.

Average website.

from Kansas

Comments about Nike.com:

Generally, I prefer to order items online, instead of going to a physical store. It is just easier and I do not have to be around a lot of people. I have used Nike.com a few times, usually when purchasing gifts for other people. Since it is the Holiday season I have used it a few times very recently. It is just your average sport gear website. They offer primarily clothing and shoes. If you keep an eye on the website and their sales you can find some good deals. Sometimes the deals are better on the website than in stores, even when you have to pay shipping. Their sizing is accurate, unlike a lot of websites. That really takes the guess work out of what size to order. I have always gotten my orders in by the expected delivery date and have never had to return anything.

There is nothing special about Nike.com but it sure beats having to go to an actual store to purchase the products you are looking for.

Comments about Nike.com:

Nike is one of the biggest athletic apparel and shoe company out there and the website is no joke. They have a ton of athletic apparel, shoes, and gear for every single sport you can think of. The selection is huge and covers not only adults but kids as well. My son is just getting into soccer and I have a hard time finding small sizes in store. I have always been able to find shoes and apparel for him on nike.com and for pretty reasonable prices as well. They offer free shipping on orders over $75 and shipping is pretty quick.

Along the top you can select, women, men, kids, or explore to pick what sport you are shopping for. Within each category are all the subcategories to shop in. It's a very simple easy site to use.

Product Selection
They have tons of clothes, shoes, and gear for every day lounging and every sport out there.

Product Pricing
Nike is not known for being cheap, but you pay for good quality and that is what they offer.

Customer Service
Great at helping you if you are unsure of what size to get.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is free over $75 and they send items out pretty quick.

Love it

from TN

Comments about Nike.com:

I am not the kind of person who likes to buy a whole lot of shoes. I like to buy a couple of pairs of nice, durable shoes and be done. Nike is my favorite brand of tennis shoes, but my local shoe store does not carry many styles of them. I like to use the nike website because there are so many different pairs of shoes to choose from. My favorite thing about the website is I can choose what size I wear and it will show me all of the shoes that are available in my size. That feature makes it a lot easier to choose a pair I like. The whole website is setup so that it is really easy to use. You can go straight to a shoe category or to an apparel category. I also like to shop for athletic pants and jackets on the nike website. They have a large variety of styles and colors to choose from. The prices of the items on the website seem to be pretty accurate. I have actually paid less for shoes directly from their website than what I have paid for shoes in a shoe department. I would recommend others to use this website because it is easy to use, cost friendly, and it has a huge variety of products.

Comments about Nike.com:

This is a great website and I love all of their products. You can get great deals on their clearance items section too. They have clothes, shoes and accessories for children, men and women. The prices are a little high, but comparable to their competitors. You can also get some things customized. They have a very friendly and helpful customer service department, and they are very knowledgeable about all of their products. They have standard shipping rates for orders (you can pay more if you need to get the item quicker), and if you purchase $75.00 or more, then your shipping is free. The shipping is pretty fast as I usually get my orders within 3 to 5 business days from the time I submit my order. Overall I am happy with this website and company and I would definitely recommend the site to anyone, especially those who are looking for quality shoes and clothes for sportswear.

The website is very easy to use.

Shoe makeovers

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Nike.com:

If you haven't checked out Nike.com yet, you are really missing out. The variety is amazing. I just love the colors and wide variety of styles. I was actually surprised by the pricing. I figured it would actually be more expensive to shop there than it is at another store that just carries the brand. They have really competitive pricing and a much wider range of styles and sizes as well. What's most exciting though is the innovation of the site. You can create your own design for particular styles. They don't have an excessively large color base when it comes to designing your own but, there's enough to make it interesting. They are made with top quality materials just the way I'd expect a Nike product to be. Whatever they may lack in color is made up for with creativity and quality. It's amazingly satisfying for some reason to design your own shoes, it's like being a kid again, the ultimate shoe make over!

Great Product, Great Selection

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Nike.com:

This website is more than just your average apparel website. It is an overall comprehensive athletic website with an extensive range of apparel and even mobile applications to help motivate and support your exercise efforts and goals. The Nike brand is a true to fit brand and therefore a great website to shop on knowing the size I choose is the size I need. I have had to make a return before and it was easy and did not cost me any money out of pocket even though it was my mistake during ordering. One of my favorite areas of the Nike website is the customize section. You can add your own personal flair to so much from their product line making it truly your own style. The product line offered on the Nike website is of very high quality as well and mine has lasted years at a time without fading, shrinking or wearing out. The website is very easy to navigate and well laid out in to various categories.