2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

Worked for me!!

Many years ago, this Nicorette gum was by prescription only. My doctor sort of got in my face one day at an appointment and told me I was going to quit and do it that day. Because I had a precancerous spot in my cheek, it scared me just enough to do the trick.

I walked out of his office with prescriptions to clean up that spot and this nicorette gum. To be honest, I was afraid to smoke much and I was afraid to use this gum much because of the spot in my cheek. My thinking was that if a cigarette could do damage, what was pure nicotine going onto that site going to do? Still, I was determined that I was going to stop smoking so I used this gum when the urges got too bad. I had smoked for 17 years and had no desire to quit. In order to succeed, it is highly important that you want to stop. No matter what the experts say, most people can't quit for others. It has to be done for themselves above all else. In my opinion, that is the key to quitting and staying quit.

The gum tastes horrible and if you chew too hard to fast, it will bring on nausea, much like a cigarette will. In the end, it worked and I haven't had a cigarette in over 20 years. I recommend this gum as a wonderful aide in quitting this nasty, expensive, smelly, ruin your health addiction. I wish each of you well that attempts to quit and I hope that you succeed. If I can do it, anyone can.

Too Much Nicotine!

I smoke about 3-5 cigarette a day and about a pack when i'm really stressed.  My friend recommended me using Nicorette gum so I can stop smoking.  However, when I  started chewing on the gum, it was TOO MUCH nicotine.   It gave me a head ache and I couldn't do anything for a while.  I basically had to sleep through it because my head hurt so much because of the amount of the nicotine.  (I took one piece that time) Because of the amount of the nicotine in it, it definitely makes you feel that you do not want any more nicotine but because the gum is too powerful, it made me not want to chew the gum and I kept smoking.  So I decided taking 1/4 of a piece of the gum so I'm able to control it.  It's not that bad but it didn't really stop me from smoking.  It is probably good for a heavy smoker because of the nicotine amount but then I would recommend consuming less and less of the gum as you get used to it so you can actually quit being addicted to nicotine.

Helped Save my Life

from Toronto ON

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I smoked over a pack a day and considered myself hopelessly addicted. Nicorette worked well for me. I could not have quit without it. I still had to have the will power to quit though. It was still very hard. This product just made it easier, ALOT easier. This is not a magically cure all that the nay sayers hoped it to be. The gum does its job you still have to do yours too. Good luck to everyone who is trying to quit!

Taste awful

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

When deciding to quit I was told that friends had a good experience with this product. I unfortunately did not. The gum first and foremost had a horrible taste. The when putting it between my check and gum like recommended made it go numb. With repeated usage I ended up with a sore spot in my mouth. I would not recommend this to anyone because there are better and tastier ways to quit smoking.

It was not very effective in curbing the need for a cigarette. I would usually end up smoking a cigarette sometime after trying to get the taste of the gum out of my mouth.

The gum is very easy to use. You are to chew it for a minute or two then place it between you cheek and gums.

Side Effects
    The only side effects that I encountered was a sore spot on my gum. The place where I would leave the gum. It did not feel comfortable any other place in my mouth.

Immediacy
    It never really curbed the the urge to smoke.

Dosage Control
    The dosage is easy to control because it is in a small piece of gum

• Dosage Control:

Tried, but couldn't get past the taste and side effects

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I would try to chew like it said and then put it tucked in between my teeth and gums and it would numb that area actually.

I tried it for different areas in my mouth to see if I could try and get past the numbing sensation. It didn't work for me.

I am sure it works for some people, but for me it wasn't good.

Between the taste and the side effect of numbness and occasionally anxiousness, it was too much. I became more irritable because I felt more nervous while chewing.

I gave it nearly 2 weeks and at that point I stopped using it.

Yes, I would love to quit, but there has to be a better way than this.

Maybe it's just me?

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I have been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and doc said I have to quit. Alot easier said than done as all know. I never understood the gum because its just another form of nicotine. But I tried it anyways, disgusting!! But I kept trying and used the gum for 2 weeks. For the highly expensive cost of nicorette gum, i was really hoping it would help me quit. But it didn't. So I put alot of thought into it and realized I had to find something to keep me busy and keep my mind off smoking. I realized if I was going to quit, It was all up to determination. So I took a part time job and joined a gym. It was still really hard but the longer I went without one, I made it longer the next time. I hope anyone who reads this and can't quit using pills and gum will take it upon themselves to find something to occupy their time and try really hard to quit. In the end I believe it was more of a mental addiction then physical. What works for some doesn't work for everyone so try to find the one thing that works for you and stick with it! It's so worth it!

Nicorette Nicotine Gum works well

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I have tried almost every method out there to quit smoking from pills, patches, and gums. The Nicorette nicotine gum works pretty good but is almost overwhelming with chemical taste. If you smoke only a few cigarettes a day then be careful as it may contain too much nicotine for you.

nicorette

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

Before trying this gum, I had been smoking for about two years, about 1/2 pack to a pack a day. this was the first thing I tried while trying to quit, and it was a huge waste of money. The taste was so disgusting to begin with, but I sucked it up and followed the directions anyways. If it's possible, i actually wanted a cigarette more than I did prior to the gum. yuck!

This product didn't work

from Bulger, PA

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I have been smoking for 35 yeas. I quit cold-turkey one time for almost a year, due to illness. Niow, I have COPD and decided to try the gum to stop smokig. Well, you don't chew it like any other gum, you chew for a few minutes then stick it in your gum. I found I was chewing 20 pieces a day. And I still wanted a cigarette.

Nicorette Nicotine Gum works to a certain degree.

from Albany, NY

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

Nicorette nicotine gum 2mg did not help me stop smoking completely, it would stop the cravings for cigarettes for about 2-4 hours and then I would want a cigarette, so if you want to keep popping this gum in your mouth to get rid of smoking then try it. you may have a more successful result than I did.  It does however taste better than some of the smoking cessation products.  I was on this gum for 2months and then my doctor told me to try the patch instead.

WORKS

from Taylor, PA

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I have been purchasing Nicorette White Ice 2mg Gum for my husband for quite awhile now.  He was unable to quit smoking until he started using this gum.  He should have stopped using this gum awhile ago but he is still chewing it--although much less then he was before.  But he has NOT had a cigarette in a long time, so the product does work.  We do know quite a few people that are in the same situation--stopped smoking but can't get off the gum totally.  That said, the product is great for those trying to quit smoking.  The gum has a pleasant minty taste.  The new packaging says it helps to whiten teeth but we have not seen that effect yet.  The Nicorette brand is quite a bit more expensive than the generic drug store brands but the flavor lasts longer and therefore you seem to use less gum.  The drug stores do run periodic sales on it so if you can time them right you can get a deal. Also, if you go on nicorette.com they sometimes run promotions or offer coupons.

Try a patch before trying Nicorette Stop Smoking Aid Gum!

from Chesnee, SC

Comments about Nicorette Nicotine Gum:

I wanted to stop smoking and thought I would look at some of the products offered to aid me. Well I first tried the patch. Yes I did quite for two weeks, but I really missed the taste. So that led me to the Nicorette Stop Smoking Aid Gum. It gave me the taste. But it also gave me concernes when it started burning ny throat! I know its supossed to tingle on your cheek when its releasing the nicatine, but I felt like a hole was burning through my throat! I do not recomend this product to any one trying to stop smoking.