3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

NICORETTE GUM 4 MG. FRUIT CHILL HELPED ME QUIT

After 30 years of smoking cigarettes, and numerous attempts to quit smoking, Nicorette Nicotine Gum is the product that finally gave me success. The directions told me to chew the 2mg gum but after chewing the 2mg and still craving cigarettes, I switched to the 4mg gum and that did the trick for me. It is just slightly more expensive than the 2 mg, and extremely effective. I found that the cravings stopped, and the 4 mg gum also gave me an instant relief to stressful factors, thus insuring my success. Fruit Chill is a great flavor. I also like the Fresh Mint, and would switch back and forth between the two. After you have stopped yourself from smoking with the help of the Nicorette Gum, be sure to have some regular non-nicotine gum available to help you switch over until you have broken the habit of chewing gum all throughout the day. I did find that I wanted to just keep on chewing the Nicorette Gum long after I had quit smoking, because I liked the stress relief factor of the gum, but by changing to non-nicotine gum, I have since stopped chewing gum pretty much entirely. Even though it may be a more lengthy process than the patches, I fully believe in this gum and the benefits, because I had stopped once before using the patches and started smoking again a bit later. I feel that this time my smoking cessation will be permanent.

Nicorette stop smoking gum gave me the hiccups from hell.

When Nicorette came out with Fruit Chill on a flavor for stop smoking gum, I thought that sounded like a good bet. I don't like mint, and most of the gums (stop smoking or not) lean that way. Ugh. I avoid mint toothpastes and anything else mint. I just don't like it, and it makes my tongue quiver like I've had some super hot food.

I tried Nicorette fruit chill gum twice. Both times I got these chest busting hiccups. I do not mean normal hiccups. I mean that if I had smoked a cigarette, it probably would have blown out hurricane force windforce and pierced the wall.

Both times, when I spit the gum in a Kleenix, those hiccups went away. Hum. Sounds like a pattern.

I looked up this gum, and hiccups are a side effect. That does not sound like a big deal. Hiccups happen. These were not normal hiccups though. I could not talk, walk, or even think normal with my body spazing from sudden onset tsumani hiccups.

This gum does work for some (based on things I've read), and that's great. I wish it worked for me. I can say I couldn't smoke while chewing, since the hiccups were so massive as to render any normal human actions virtually impossible. If you don't get that side effect, or if it's not as extreme, then this may be a good solution. I really can't say though, since Nicirette gave me chest busting hiccups and a bad aftertaste to boot.

This helped some but I just ended up addicted to gum.

from West Virginia

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

My boyfriend and I got a sample of this to try to help quit smoking.

When I got my 20 piece sample, I popped a piece in my mouth immediately. The flavor was good to start with but after about twenty or thirty minutes of chewing the flavor faded to nothing and I noticed my mouth and throat felt kind of dry. I think this was an effect of the nicotine.

After I chewed my second piece later that day I was cranky. I tried to follow the package directions but mostly the gum wasn't helping. I was keeping myself motivated in my head. The gum didn't take away my urge to smoke. It also didn't help my withdraw symptoms. I was moody and easily agitated while chewing this gum.

After a week of chewing the gum I noticed my desire for cigarettes finally started to ease off. What started though was my urge to constantly keep chewing gum. I am down to smoking maybe two or three cigarettes a week now but I chew a pack of gum a day. I have traded off one habit for another! Overall this just kind of took a little edge off but not much. I went from smoking to gum chewing. I guess gum chewing is probably the lesser of the two evils but this stop-smoking gum is not worth it for me.

It took a little edge off but it didn't take out my cravings or withdraw symptoms.

It's very easy to use but it just doesn't do what I need.

Side Effects
I was moody and cranky the entire two weeks I chewed this gum. I was easily agitated. The gum left a funny taste and feeling in my cheeks and throat.

Immediacy
This only helped keep me occupied by chewing while I was moody.

Dosage Control
I didn't get much nicotine effect from this. I don't know if you get withdraw headaches from nicotine or not but I certainly didn't have any. I guess that's a plus. I was still angry, moody, and easily annoyed.

• Dosage Control:

Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum is a Great way to stop smoking!

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

I used Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum to try to quit smoking last year. I really liked the gum option over the patch because you can choose when you use it. The flavor of the gum is also pretty good. It did help to curb my cravings and it is easy to use. Although as with any nicotine replacement product it is a bit on the expensive side.

Don't Waste Your Money!

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

Making nicotine gum in wonderful fruity flavors to draw people in to try it does NOT mean that it will be effective. In this case I tried many flavors of Nicorette and NONE of them helped whatsoever. Plus you can put any flavor you want in a nicotine gum and it still tastes awful!

Didn't work at all for me and tasted horrible. I had better luck with my sugarless gum and that tastes great too!

Nothing really hard about taking it out of a package and chewing it but even the packages are not very "user friendly"!

Side Effects
There really aren't any side effects except the bad taste of the gum and the price you have to pay for it too!

Immediacy
Didn't work at all and I had to throw out most of it because I couldn't stand any of the flavors that I tried!

Dosage Control
The pieces are small so I had to chew more than one at a time so that makes it cost more and in the end it was a loss anyway because of the waste of money! I even tried chewing more than recommended and even with a higher dose it did NOT work at all!

This Worked for me

from Laredo, MO

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

I smoked for eighteen years two to three packs per day for that whole time. I had wanted to quit for many many years but I could never quite do it alone.  I got the Nicorette Nicotine Gum 4mg Fruit Chill in a sample 2 years ago and decided that I  would give it a try and see if I could finally quit smoking.

It was easier than I had thought it would be I it would be I followed the dosing instructions and found that I could control the urges to smoke.  I was the one in charge of the situitation and that made it very easy for me to finally quit.  Now I feel better and my husband says that I look healthier than I have in years.  I can walk for miles now and I can play with my grand baby now and crawl on the floor with him.

So if you are looking to quit this maybe the answer for you. Don't be afraid to try it worked for me and it could work for yu as well.  Good luck and happy healthy breathing to each of you

• Dosage Control:

Didn't Reduce Withdrawal Symptoms For Me!

from obɐɔıɥɔ, IL

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

I recieved a sample of these "Nicorette Fruit Chill - 2mg- Coated Stop Smoking Gum's." Been trying to fight a nasty habit for awhile now, and was looking forward to trying these. I've tried just about everything ya can purchase over the counter, except for these gums. According to the packaging, it says if I smoke 30 minutes after I wake up, I should use the 2mg, which I have here. During weeks 1-6, I am to chew on 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours. This gum will provide: **"**A controlled amount of nicotine to your system at a slower, less intense pace than cigarettes and without the toxins in cigarette smoke. It's a temporary therapeutic aid that reduces withdrawal symptoms and helps you quit smoking. Your body gradually adjusts to having less nicotine until you no longer need any.**" **Well, I took my first piece this afternoon and as of now, I've chewed on a total of 5 pieces. Fought the urge to light up, but I lost the battle. I smoked 5 cigarettes while poppin this gum. That's about average with my smoking. I didn't even make it a full day! All in all, this was a waste of my time. In my opinion, this gum also felt as if it were burning/scratching my throat. Don't know if that was the nicotine or not, but it wasn't a good taste or feeling. Think I'm better off going cold-turkey! I'm definately gonna pass on this gum. Don't think I'll be recommending this to a friend, anytime soon.

NICORETTE GUM 4 MG. FRUIT CHILL HELPED ME QUIT

from Pacific Grove, CA

Nicorette Gum Actually Tastes Like Regular Gun

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

I have used other stop-smoking products and I can tell you that quitting really is as difficult as any other addiction, and it is a good thing that there are many approaches for someone who has decided to try to put an end to his smoking. I know that Nicorette is supposed to be a part of a larger approach to quitting, but I just couldn't get enough kick from the gum. It does look like and taste like regular gum, which is not try of all stop-smoking products, and the cost, while certainly on the steep side, is in line with its competitors. I liked using it more than other stop-smoking aids, and I liked that it can put some in my purse. But you're only supposed to have a few a day, and I need a lot more help than that. I wish that the gum actually had more nicotine to give it the kick that I am really after. For me the step-down approach begins with too big a step. You can just stuff more in your mouth, but I don't think that is how the product is supposed to be used.

nicorette nicotine gum 4mg fruit chill review

from El Cajon, CA

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

I have quit cold turkey as they say before. But i tried nicorette gum and to be honest my first issue was the price. a driving force in my quitting was how much money i was wasting buying cigarettes. I wasn't expecting to pay juicy fruit price for the product but i deffinetly was not expecting the gouge it took out've my wallet the first time. But after the purchase i started takin/ chewing the gum. At first I noticed no difference and was frustrated but gave it time and it seemed to be kicking in. I lasted a few days using it and when push came to shoving my credit card in the machine for another purchase i honestly could buy another. I think to encapsulate my current feelings on any problem like smoking is conscerned i will quote from the late great george carlin " self help books?..... if you could help yourself..YOU WOULDNT NEED A BOOK TO HELP!" self reliance ,trust and music was what ended up getting me off smoking not a companys wonder cure gum. But to each his/her own , it just didnt float my boat.

Nicorette nicotine gum works great

from Troy, MI

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

This product has helped me quit smoking after a 20 year; a pack a day addiction. I'm weening my self off the gum now. The best thing about the gum is that when in stressful situations I can always pop one in my mouth and the urge to smoke goes away.

Nicorette Nicotine Gum 4mg Fruit Chill helps you keep your cool

from Waterford, WI

Comments about Nicorette Fruit Chill Gum:

If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use. Read included User's Guide for complete directions and other important information before using this product. That being said, Nicorette Nicotine Gum is a  wonderful product to help with the unpleasant tasking of breaking the nasty smoking habit.  I followed the instructions strictly and although awkward at first after a few days it seemed to fall in as a part of my daily routine.  The taste was not bad, I tried a piece of Mint that a friend had  given me when I started to think about using a smoking cessation aid and was not pleased, although I am not a fan of mint anyway.  The Fruit Chill was more pleasing to me and did not have a strong taste of nicotine.  I was able to cut back on my smoking and eventually faze it out completely.  I strongly urge users to read all of the warning labels and consult your doctor before starting this product because even though it is a Over the counter product there are risks involved especially if you are currently on any prescription medications.