3.5
NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2

NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2

3.5

Works fairly well!

My brother is a smoker, and he has been for about 8 years now. Earlier this year, a family member of ours passed away, from Emphysema, which was caused from many, many years of smoking. He was 65 years old, still young.. I think his passing was a big influence on my brother wanting to work on stopping his nasty habit of smoking. He tried quitting cold turkey, 2 times, and just couldn't do it. I mentioned to him that I had seen some advertisements on tv and online for different types of Nicoderm CQ products that seemed like they might be helpful. He tried a couple of them, but ended up sticking with Nicoderm CQ Smoking Cessation Patches. They seemed to work quite well for him. He told me that his cravings for nicotine subsided fairly soon, and within a few weeks he had gotten rid of all of his cravings completely. He's been cigarette/smoke free for about 5 months now, and is enjoying life a lot more because of this product. He said he can actually taste foods a lot better, smell better, sleep, and breathe better, etc. He has also saved a lot of money since he stopped smoking, which is a plus! He said the only downfall he had with this product is that he seemed to wake up more often during the night than he had before he started using the patches, but that didnt bother him very much. I've never smoked, but I'll take his word on this product and hope it helps others as well!!

It works for some people not everyone.

The nicoderm cq patch is great for the no menthol. I got the free sample box from the vermontquitnetwork.org. When I first got the box it consist of 20 patches of which you are to wear one patch for 12 hours or less. (as needed).

I smoke newports 100's and I go through about 9 cigarettes a day alone. I first wore the patch the next day following the day I received the sample box. I wore it to work. As soon as i put the patch on , I felt the medicine flowing through my skin. You are to apply the clear patch to a clean dry part of your your body. (shoulder, side, lower back, arm, wrist, etc..) As far as the support it provides for trying to quit smoking, it's okay at first. But when I started to sweat at work the patch would loosen itself from the area i applied it to. And when I tried to reapply the patch after slipping off, it feels like just a piece of tape.

After taking off the patch at night I would have a very bad itching sensation in that one area, I would scratch the area where the patch was until I was red.

So it may cause irritation to the skin after wearing it so long. And you have to remember to apply the patch at the same time every day but in a different spot. I now still have a couple of patches left but I don't use them because of the irration.

It didn't help me

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I wanted to try these patches because I thought I needed a little extra help trying to quite smoking. They were pretty expensive, but compared to buying cigarettes all the time, it would have been worth it if the patches worked. I hated the fact that I couldn't still smoke every so often while using these. I had a really hard time keeping the patch on. My skin was clean and smooth, but the patch kept falling off. I ended up taping it to my arm. These didn't work at all for me. When your so used to smoking, a patch on your arm will just not replace it at all in my opinion.

• Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:
  • Dosage Control:

So far so good!

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I an only six days into quitting, so I'm hardly an expert... But after 20 years of smoking, with many failed quit attempts I finally decided to try the patch. I first tried a generic brand (Equate), & it seemed to be helping but wouldn't stay stuck to my skin. I was constantly thinking about it & checking to see that it was still there. The past couple days I have switched to Nicoderm... It works great, stays stuck & I don't even think about it!!! What a difference. For sure worth the extra money!

• Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:
  • Dosage Control:

Cravings are less thanks to Nicoderm Patch

from Brownsburg, IN

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I think I have tried everything to quit smoking, e-cigarette, cold turkey, gum, motivation tapes. Nothing seemed to work. By day 3, I was so emotional, that I would always break down and buy another pack. I personally like the patch. It curbs my cravings, gets me through the day. By the end of the second week, i was barely thinking of smoking.

With the patch, I notice that I do get a burning, itchy sensation shortly after placing the patch on my skin. This is normal, and should go away after about 30-45 minutes. When I remove the patch at night, it will leave a red spot with residue from the adhesive. Scrub like crazy, because it is difficult to get it off. I use rubbing alcohol, and that seems to work.

I did also experience muscle aches when I first began using the product. To avoid this, my doc told me to put the patch in a fattier area of my body. I've stuck it on my "cheeks" and the muscle aches are now gone.

Your method has to be right for you, or you won't quit. I found the patch to work the best for me. Good Luck if you decide to quit!

NicoDerm CQ Patch was my first choice to quit smoking

from Urbana, IL

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I had tried various ways to quit smoking. Decreasing the number of cigarettes never worked for me, and cold turkey it had to be. I was smoking a pack a day and when I tried to abruptly, I developed fever and back spasms. This is where NicoDerm CQ helped me immensely. I am not a chewing gum person, and so placing the patch was easier. The NicoDerm CQ patch worked extremely well for me. I did not develop any allergic reactions on the skin if I did not use the same spot of skin for 3 days. Moreover, it was fairly adherent to my skin although I do sweat a good amount. I could still workout in the gym. One thing I did realize was that I would have WEIRD dreams if I slept with the patch on. So I would simply remove the patch before going to bed. Once I was off the patches, it was all up to me to be smoke free.

NicoDerm CQ Really Really Works!

from Denton, TX

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I was a pack-a-day smoker for 11 years (college and grad school). Upon graduation I wanted to quit. Cold turkey didn't work. I tried the gum - didn't work. I was getting desperate. I saw the Nicoderm CQ patches at the drug store and thought I would give them a try. Couldn't hurt. I honestly didn't think it would work, considering all the times I had failed in the past, but I tried to stay optimistic. It took 3 days. Yes, that's right. In 3 days I was no longer smoking and no longer using the patch. That was 9 years ago. Haven't had a cigarette or a craving since.

To tell the truth, I hated the patches themselves. They irritated my skin. I put the patch on my stomach because it was summer and I didn't want anyone to see it. My skin turned red, right under the patch and it burned. The redness disappeared about an hour after I removed a patch. And the dreams. Such vivid, psychedelic dreams. Totally freaked me out. I only wore the patch at night once. That was enough.

As much as I disliked the patch, I must admit it worked. If I had to do it all over again, I would still use the patch and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to quit smoking.

NicoDerm CQ patch is awful

from Callicoon, NY

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I do not smoke, and never have so I do not have experience with it myself, but one of my friends have used it. He put it on his arm, and shortly after his arm started to burn. He started experiencing terrible headaches, and felt sick overall. After a short time, he stopped using it after he did not see any help with quitting smoking. He did not feel the urge to not smoke, and with feeling sick he did not think it was worth the trouble. When he took the patch off, it was quite painful, like taking a band aid off, pulling his hair off.

The biggest complaint for most people is the cost. I have talked to quite a few people who could not afford this treatment to quit smoking. The price is outrageous for something that is supposed to help people. My friend felt it was cheaper to keep smoking then to purchase the NicoDerm CQ patches. He gave in to the cost and in the end he didn't even use most of them, because of the major side effects.

Not what I expected

from Clio, MI

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I was a smoker for nearly thirteen years off and on, I was always able to quit when I became pregnant and during the months that I was nursing my babies..but it seemed like every time I was ready to wean my babies to the bottle I would have those increadable urges to start smoking again, and inevitably I would start right back up again!!!  After my third and final child was done with breastfeeding I knew that I was going to start smoking again and wanted help so it wouldnt get as out of hand as it would have normally...I bought the NicoDerm CQ patches in hopes that they would ease my cravings and allow me to remain smoke free without having to be pregnant...It did not turn out that way unfortunatly.  The patch went on easy enough and the directions were easy to follow, but after about ten minutes I started to notice my arm felt like someone was pouring hot oil down it, I quickly removed the patch only to have a big blister appear where it had been only moments before!!!  I tried putting the patch on various parts of my body with the same results every time!  So NicoDerm wasnt for me...but on a high note I have been smoke free for seven years now and I smell good again!!! :)

It works for some people not everyone.

from Rutland, VT

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

if it didn't itch so much!

from Gloucester, MA

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I was ready to quit smoking, but I knew I would suffer from constant cravings. I tried this patch, hoping it would give me an edge. It did help, when I could stand keeping it on! It made my skin itch, and it didn't adhere good, so I was constantly battling the patch to even be able to use it. I stumbled through for a while though, and found it did help with cravings. I was able to quit, but that was only after I removed the patch permanently. It took up too much space in my head! Itching, pressing it down to stick, moving to new places. I guess I used it long enough to get through the hardest part, but it took a lot of effort. Maybe easier for some.

This worked better than anything

from Wyandotte, MI

Comments about NicoDerm NicoDerm CQ Patch Smoking Cessation Step 2:

I haved tried every other product there is to stop smoking. I have tried other patches, gum, and going cold turkey. This is the only thing that has worked for me, out of all the other things. I feel so much better about my health now, that I stopped smoking. If you have tried a lot of things and they haven't worked, try this. The only bad part is that it burns a little when you put it on, and it pulls some hairs out when taking them off. But its completely worth it. It was incredible how much this worked. I didn't think it would, I thought it was just gonna be another crappy product that didn't worked, I was soo wrong. I don't recommend this as you first product, but if your like me and nothing else work, you must use this. It's very easy to use and to follow. Good luck to everyone trying to quit, I hope you succeed, and add many years to your life. If you are debating wether to quit or not, DO IT. You will feel so much better about your health.